Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Finally Home by Weasley Mom

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: I hereby steal all of JK Rowling's characters for myself! Muhahahaha! ok ok...so they're all hers still...darnit



Harry awoke the next day slightly disoriented. As he opened his eyes, he slowly remembered all that had happened the night before. He was in Sirius' house.... his house now. After 15 years of living off of the 'kindess' of his Aunt and Uncle, he was home. Harry put his hands behind his head and smiled as he imagined the looks on the Dursleys faces when he finally told them to shove off. His smile faded when he remembered Sirius' words last night. He was not to feel guilty. He was to remember Sirius' life, not mourn his death. Harry was not sure he could do that, but he vowed to try his best... for Sirius.

Getting out of bed, Harry dressed quickly and made a valiant effort to tame his hair. Heading down to the kitchen, he mentally went through all that he wanted to do today.

"Morning Harry dear," Mrs. Weasley said looking at him with motherly concern. "How are you?"

"I'm fine Mrs. Weasley. Really," Harry hastened to reassure her, as he took a seat.

Fred and George sat directly across from Harry pouring through a thick, black notebook and chuckling occassionally in appreciation. "Your father and Sirius were geniuses Harry," said Fred.

"True geniuses," agreed George grinning evilly. Mrs. Weasley pursed her lips in disapproval.

"Now Mum," said Fred. "We're merely honoring the last request of our dear friend and mentor."

"Yeah Mum," George added. "Can't let his brilliance go to waste can we?" Mrs. Weasley shot them a look that said quite clearly what she thought of that.

"Right then," said Fred sensing a lecture coming. "We'd best be off."

"Time is galleons after all," said George grinning as they apparated.

"Mum? Have you seen my... Oh good morning Harry," Ginny told him as she entered the kitchen.

"Um...hi," Harry mumbled somewhat awkwardly. He felt himself blushing as he remembered breaking down in her arms last night.

Ginny smiled, pretending she hadn't noticed anything. "Mum...Have you seen my transfiguration book? I need to finish that essay Professor McGonnagall assigned."

Mrs. Weasley sighed. "Ginevra Weasley, how many times have I told you that if you put your things back where they belong, you'd know exactly where they were when you need them."

Ginny rolled her eyes at her mother's back. "I know Mum. I'm sorry. Have you seen it?"

"Did you check the library?"

"That's it! That's where I left it! Thanks Mum," Ginny said pecking her on the cheek. She left the kitchen, her long red ponytail bouncing behind her.

"Mrs. Weasley? Have you seen Professor Lupin?" Harry asked.

"I'm not sure dear. You could check the library though. He spends alot of time there."

"Thanks Mrs. Weasley," said Harry grabbing the remains of his toast and heading for the library. When he got there, he was met by an impishly grinning Ginny who motioned him to be quiet. "What's up Gin?" he whispered.

"Looks like Ron decided to follow Sirius' advice," she whispered back. She silently cracked the door, and Harry peeked around the corner.

Standing in the middle of the library, surrounded by stacks of books, Ron was holding Hermione gently in his arms kissing her. Harry smiled and looked at Ginny. "Think we should give them a few minutes?"

"Probably," Ginny replied, her eyes dancing. She quietly shut the door again, and sat in the hallway. "So... How's your summer been so far Harry?"

"Dreadful until yesterday," he grinned. "Yours?"
"Boring until yesterday," she answered, smiling back.

"Ginny..." Harry began. "About last night... well I'm sorry I broke down on you like that. I mean..."

Ginny put her fingers to Harry's mouth, silencing him. "Harry, I was glad I could be there to help. I know how much Sirius meant to you. It's only natural to grieve."

"Thank you," he said simply looking into velvety brown eyes. Funny how he'd never really noticed before how they reflected the light like that, or how soft her skin was. He could still feel the way her fingertips had felt on his lips and... "Get a grip Harry," he thought. "This is not any girl. This is Ginny Weasley. Ron's baby sister."

"So...think it's safe to go in yet?" Ginny asked, seemingly oblivious to Harry's errant thoughts.

Harry shrugged and grinned. "If not, it serves 'em right. Snogging in the library where anyone could walk in on them."

They stood up and opened the library door, making as much noise as they could. Ron and Hermione sprang apart blushing guiltily.

"Hermione," Ron croaked. "She...uh... she had...um..."

"I had something in my eye," she blurted quickly, her face bright red.

"Yeah and I was...uh...helping her get it out and umm.."

Harry and Ginny couldn't help it. They burst out laughing. "Give it up mate. We saw you."

"I don't know what you mean," Ron denied, his ears turning fiery red.

"Don't worry Ronniekins. Your secret is safe with us," said Ginny.

Hermione blushed even more. Ron walked over and put an arm around her shoulders. "I.." he said lifting his chin somewhat defiantly, as though expecting them to laugh. "I love her and she... well she loves me too, I think."

Hermione punched him playfully. "You think?"

Ron grinned sheepishly. Harry put a hand on Ron's shoulder, "We're happy for you mate. We all knew it was going to happen anyway."

Ginny nodded in agreement. Seeing Hermione blush again, Ginny decided to change the subject. "I don't suppose you two lovebirds have seen my transfiguration book have you?"

"It's over there on the table," Hermione said. "Why?"

"McGonagall assigned a killer essay on transfiguring metals into animals," Ginny said with a grimace.

"You need help?" Hermione offered.

"I thought you would never ask," Ginny said smiling.

"C'mon Harry. While she's distracted, let's go, so she doesn't make me move anymore books," whispered Ron.

"You didn't seem to mind earlier loverboy," Harry teased, causing Ron to blush bright red again.

"Shut up Harry."

"Ronald Weasley? Where do you think you're going?" Hermione's bossy voice reached them just before they got to the door.

"Awwww 'Mione," Ron whined. "Do we have to go through ALL of em today?"

"Well if you don't want to help me..." she said flashing him sad puppy dog eyes.

Ron sighed. "Ok which pile were we on?"

Harry grinned. "Better you than me mate," he said and slipped out of the library to continue his search for Professor Lupin.


A/N: Thanks for reading... please review. Next chapter... Harry has a chat with Lupin and gets a final suprise from Sirius.