Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Peevid by Vittoria

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Harry Potter’s grandchildren were pestering him, on one fine June morning, to tell them the manner in which Lord Voldemort was deposed.

Said grandchild number one, “Do tell us, grandpa, the great story of the capture of Lord Voldemort.”

“Yes, please do,” chorused the rest.

“All right, all right,” said Grandpa Potter.

“It was on St.Valentine’s day that it all happened...” began Harry, only to be interrupted by an outburst of giggles. Frowning and gesturing for his audience to keep silence, he continued.

“The Hogwarts Castle was decked to celebrate the season of love.”

“Was it all done in pink?” quipped grandchild number two.

Harry looked momentarily bewildered. He considered this question carefully and answered, “Yes, I think so my dear. There was a live Cupid too, who kept shooting arrows at all the students.”

“This brings me to the core of the action. If you remember well, dear children, I have earlier mentioned that a poltergeist by the name of Peeves lived in Hogwarts. He was the vanquisher of the great Dark Lord. Peeves, being as mad as ever, took a fancy to the Cupid who was part of the Valentine celebrations. And this is what ensued because of his madness...”

The Dark Lord burst through the doors of the Great Hall and strode towards Dumbledore, who had gotten up calmly to face his adversary. Not a word was exchanged between the two. Meanwhile, his supporters had formed a block in front of the doors to prevent anyone from leaving the hall.

The Dark Lord broke the silence by saying, “Hand me Harry Potter.”

“I’m afraid I can’t do that Tom,” replied Dumbledore calmly. “How many times do I need to answer this, Tom?” he sighed after a moment.

“Then I’ll just have to...”

"Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!" sounded a shrill voice, interrupting the Dark Lord's speech.

The source of the noise was a weird specimen, wearing shocking pink colours, heart shaped wings and carrying a bow and a quiver full of arrows in its transparent arms. It was none other than Peeves. He had knocked Cupid unconscious and had donned the role of Cupid himself!

Before anyone could react, Peeves aimed an arrow with a heart shaped tip at the Dark Lord and released it. The arrow's swiftness outpaced Voldemort's running capacity and it squarely struck him on the shoulder. Upon observing closely, one would notice that the arrow had lettering on it. It read- 'BL'. The Dark Lord lay face down on the ground, blissfully unaware of this fact...

Meanwhile, Peeves was breaking into a song in the chaos that had ensued.

"Behold me for I am Peevid!
The poltergeist of Lurvvvvvvvv!
I am here to make your heart go wild,
Like, those Blast-Ended Skrewts and Flobberworms did!"

Everyone ran to protect themselves from Peevid, for he had now embarked upon a mission to strike everyone with his arrows.

Most unfortunately, Bellatrix Lestrange had been blissfully unaware of the impending danger, and had concentrated all her efforts into reviving her master who was in a state of deep unconsciousness. She, therefore, received the full wrath of Peevid's 'lurvley' spree. She fell down unconscious, thinking of her Lord and Master till the very last moment.

The rest of the crowd was now hurriedly trying to dispose of the other Death Eaters with the help of the Order of the Phoenix, who had arrived really fast after Dumbledore had sent Fawkes to their top secret headquarters. Pandemonium reigned, and colourful displays of light illuminated the Great Hall. The Death Eaters were trying their utmost to ward off the Order, at least until their Master awoke.

All in vain, though. The Order had found new strength in Peevid, whose arrows were demolishing the Death Eaters and fighters alike, with no exceptions. However, the Order had learnt to avoid most of Peevid’s arrows. The fight continued for some more time, but the Death Eaters were easily vanquished.

An hour or so later, Lord Voldemort stirred to find a lady of immense beauty lying beside him on the ground. He rubbed his eyes so that he could recognize the beautiful woman who was beside him. After a few minutes, he realised that it was Bellatrix Lestrange- his follower, and most extraordinarily, his new-found love. He tried to wake her out of her sleep; but was unsuccessful in doing so. He wondered why a crowd had gathered around him and watched him curiously- but it was no time to wonder for him. He had a lot of work on his hands now and turned back to greet Bellatrix who was sitting up straight now.

***

A boy with spectacles and a vivid scar on his forehead walked up to Voldemort and examined him carefully. Voldemort knew that he had seen this boy somewhere, but his memory did not seem to function properly. He let the boy lead him to a stern looking lady standing by a large door of what looked like a castle. She shot him a furtive glance and nodded to the boy who led him back to the grounds. He wanted to ask the boy what was happening but at the sight of his beloved Bellatrix, all was forgotten. But as he approached her, Bellatrix shrank away with fear.

Throwing himself at her feet, Voldemort exclaimed, "My dear Bellatrix! What has happened to you? You do not behold me with those loving eyes any more. You shrink away at the sight of me. Tell me dearest, why? Explain your strange behaviour!"

In a strangled whisper spoke Bellatrix, "My Lord, forgive thy servant for only her skills belong to her master but not her heart. I loved you with all my heart but my gestures brought me nothing but disgusted looks. I love you still, but I would only be looked down upon and killed for my deeds.”

The Dark Lord screamed in agony, "No, my dear Bellatrix, don't break my heart. Just say the word and you'll make me the happiest man on the earth!"

"No my Lord. Do not tempt me to do evil."

"Dear, your happiness means a lot to me."

"Then leave me, set me free. I will be happy only if I can return to my husband. Upon your word set me free! “screeched Bellatrix rather dramatically.

The Dark Lord stamped the grass and tore his hair in agony, tears spilled out of his sleep deprived eyes unmindful of the watching crowd.

Harry Potter and his friends decided to take advantage of this opportunity for Lord Voldemort was now beseeching Death, the Mighty Destroyer to take his life. They calmly stepped in between the Dark Lord and his love took Voldemort by his arms and escorted him to the Great Hall from whence he was to be sent to Azkaban.

A slightly mad Bellatrix was later on taken to St. Mungo's for treatment. This was so, for in all her excitement, she had forgotten that her husband was already dead. Thus did Lord Voldemort’s powerful reign end. Alas the poor fellow never realised that love was a powerful factor indeed!

Harry took in a huge breath after narrating the story. His grandchildren gaped at him in awe. One of them broke the silence by saying, “Wish I could get Peeves’ autograph!"