Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Trickster by Willow Rosenberg

Printer
Summary: After the disastrous events of the end of the Marauder's fifth year, a fuming Lily Evans decides that that arrogant James Potter and his friends need a taste of their own medicine. The straight-laced Prefect suddenly finds herself pranking her class's trickiest boys--and maybe even enjoying it. Coupled with a series of mysterious apology letters that Lily has begun receiving, it's bound to be an interesting year.

Winner of the 2010 QSQ for Best Canon Romance!
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: James/Lily
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 16 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 57376 Viewcount: 151225
Published on: 03/04/09 Updated On: 08/02/10




Story Notes:

November 1st, 2010: I just found out that "Trickster" won a QSQ for Best Canon Romance this year!! Thank you so much for everyone who's read this story, I'm so excited :)

The sequel, "Stars Apart," is now up!


1. Study Breaks by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (1898 words)
The first three chapters are the end of fifth year--kind of a backplot, introduction set up thing. You get the idea.

--Note about the Patronuses--
I know that both Lily and Snape have doe Patronuses, but I think that while this story is taking place, they're both totally different people than who they ultimately become. And I know it was mentioned in book 6 that Patronuses can change shape if the caster has like, an emotional or significant change in their life, the way Tonks did when she fell in love with Remus. And I think that Lily's eventual falling in love with James as well as the effect her death had on Snape would change them both pretty significantly, and through that, their Patronuses. Hope that helps clear things up!

2. Dangerous Liaisons by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (2135 words)

3. We Might As Well Be Strangers by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (4642 words)
So this is the last chapter of the fifth year. I apologize for the long wait--family problems, finals, a computer crash, and no internet for the summer kind of slowed me down. But I did get a chance to write a whole lot more of this story--it's actually almost done now, so updates should come quickly!! And this one is pretty long, to make up for it.
----------------

4. Hatching Plans by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (1800 words)
Sixth Year, return to Hogwarts!

-----


5. Crimes and Misdemeanors by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (2862 words)
The games begin...

--------


6. Close Encounters by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (3236 words)

7. Alliances by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (3815 words)

8. Things Fall Apart by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (6288 words)
whoah, hey, this is a long one. enjoy!

------------


9. Action and Reaction by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (4617 words)
So this is maybe one of the more Serious Chapters in this whole thing. Don't worry though, there are still plenty of hijinks left!

------------


10. Hanging by a Moment by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (3905 words)
A relatively Lily-centric chapter.

Enjoy!

-------------------


11. Strange Bedfellows by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (4235 words)
There is quite a bit of Sirius in this chapter! He's a lot of fun to write.


12. An Affair to Remember by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (3151 words)
It's Valentine's Day at Hogwarts...and we are back in the prank-pulling game!

------------
13. Undercover by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (3454 words)
So this chapter is sort of the first half of a two-parter that just got a little too long. Enjoy! Review! I'll put the second part in queue as soon as this goes through.

--------
14. Between the Lines by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (2581 words)
This is part two of the last chapter, so it's a little shorter than usual. But after this, there's only one or two to go! Hope you enjoy it!

----------------------


15. So Close by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (4954 words)
So this is the second-to-last chapter. Ah! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it, and keep your eyes peeled for the last chapter of "Trickster," coming soon!

------------------


16. Wide Awake, It's Morning by Willow Rosenberg [ - ] (3803 words)
Well, this is it. The last chapter. Thank you so much to everyone who's been reading, really. I hope you like it.

I'm actually kind of sad about finishing. But I'm definitely not done with this story--I'm planning out a sequel now, and there may end up being two, so that should start going up pretty soon! Again, thank you so much guys. Read! Review! Enjoy!

----------------------------