Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Neville Longbottom and the Order of the Phoenix by Sonorus

Printer
Summary:

"It feels as if the whole world is falling apart," said Neville, "and I'm falling right along with it."

In the fifth instalment of the Neville Longbottom saga, Voldemort is back, but nobody wants to know. Facing pressure from all sides, and feeling alone and abandoned, the Boy-Who-Lived confronts the depths of despair and the darkest corners of his soul.

With a direct link to evil plaguing his mind and the cruel Dolores Umbridge determined to break him, can Neville find the hope and strength to carry on? And will he be prepared to embrace his destiny? The darkness falls in Year Five...

A note on the warnings: there's nothing there you won't find in the canon novel.


Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Warnings: Abuse, Character Death, Mental Disorders, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 9 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 29026 Viewcount: 35912
Published on: 03/16/09 Updated On: 05/06/10





1. The Shadows on Preston Road by Sonorus [ - ] (4419 words)

In which young Robert Ashcroft has a very strange day.

* * *


2. Surprise Guests by Sonorus [ - ] (3240 words)

In which Neville is alone and depressed, before his home receives a number of unexpected visitors.

***


3. The Order's Headquarters by Sonorus [ - ] (2641 words)

In which Neville arrives at Grimmauld Place, and is reunited with old friends and a foe.

***


4. Courtroom Ten by Sonorus [ - ] (2823 words)
In which Neville travels to the Ministry of Magic and faces his hearing.

***


5. Black and White by Sonorus [ - ] (3182 words)
In which Neville goes to stay at Sirius and Harry’s own home.

* * *


6. Girl with a Radish Earring by Sonorus [ - ] (2857 words)
In which Luna Lovegood is introduced and everybody arrives at Hogwarts for the new term.

* * *


7. The Ministry's Appointment by Sonorus [ - ] (3410 words)
In which the first classes of term take place, including Neville’s first lesson with Umbridge.

* * *


8. Umbridge's Quill by Sonorus [ - ] (3367 words)
In which Umbridge is appointed High Inquisitor and Neville learns just how cruel she can be.

* * *


9. The Meeting in the Pub by Sonorus [ - ] (3087 words)
In which Neville is increasingly isolated. He goes on a date to Hogsmeade with Ginny, but Ginny and Hermione have other plans for the day too.

* * *