Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Draco's Transformation by Shena

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters or the story. J.K.Rowling does.

Chapter 1:


'What a beautiful day!' Exclaimed Hermione. 'After all that rain and thunder.'

Ron bent down to feel the earth with his fingers and looked up in surprise. 'The grass isn't even wet.'

'I suppose we won't be needing this anymore then.' Harry held up the picnic mat that he had carried down from the castle so that they wouldn't get muddy clothes.

'No, we can still use it anyway Harry because the grass is prickly.' Said Hermione.

Harry lay out the mat under a shady tree where they sat down together and enjoyed the view of the lake.

Luckily it was a weekend so they were not kept inside on this rare, warm, cloudless day. In fact as Harry glanced at his surroundings it seemed as though every student was in the school grounds enjoying the sun. Even Hagrid was out of his hut playing fetch with Fang.

Moving closer to Harry's side Ron said, 'Hey Harry, look over there.'

Harry looked in the general direction of Ron's gaze. 'Where?'

'Over there by that birdbath Hagrid built last month.' Ron pointed.

Then Harry noticed what Ron was looking at. Several sixth year girls were wearing muggle bathing suits and sunbaking on towels.

Harry grinned. One of the girls there was Ginny's friend Louise who was also Ron's newest fancy. He tried to see who else was there but could only recognise one other girls who was a Ravenclaw.

Hermione was not impressed. 'Silly girls, showing off their legs to baboons like you two. Don't they have any moral?'

'Now Hermione, no need to exaggerate. What is wrong with a healthy sunbath to soak in all that vitamin D. Really, you should go over and join them.' Ron teased.

Hermione reddened but ignored the comment. She picked up her book '10 best ways to study for N.E.W.T.s' and turned her back to the boys.

Harry looked back over to the girls and was amused to see Dean Thomas with Colin Creevey's camera, hiding behind some bushes near them. He pointed it out to Ron who had it in mind to ask Dean afterwards for a copy of the photographs.

Then all at once Seamus Finnegan appeared around the corner, uttered a quick spell and water came out from the birdbath and was showered on the girls. As quick as lightning, Dean jumped up and flashed the camera several times and the two boys ran away.

The sight was hilarious and many of the people watching began to laugh hysterically. The girls were creaming in shock and anger and the poor birds that had been bathing and drinking were now flying off in fright to the nearby trees and making a terrible racket.

Harry and Ron were among those who were laughing until Hermione pointed out, 'Look, poor Ginny is saturated. Dean is in for it now.'

Ron became serious immediately. 'What? Ginny? Where?'

Looking over he noticed Ginny amongst the sunbaking girls. She looked furious and was yelling after Dean and Seamus who were almost out of sight already.

Ron stood up very quickly.

'Ron where are you going?' Asked Hermione.

'To have a talk to Ginny!' Ron replied angrily. 'What is she doing wearing those skimpy bathers in front of all these boys!'

Hermione couldn't believe her ears. 'What are you talking about? You didn't seem to mind a minute ago-'

'That was before I saw Ginny-'

'What is the difference? -'

'She is my sister-'

'And she is also sixteen years old-'

'doesn't matter how old-'

'Really Ron, don't be so unreasonable-'

'Me, unreasonable? But even you were saying before that is was immoral!'

'Look it isn't such a big deal and see, her bathers are hardly revealing compared to some of the other bikinis. You should be proud-'

'Hermione, I'm not stupid enough to fall for that one.' Ron said hotly.

Hermione sighed. 'I am just trying to save your sister from further embarrassment. Don't say anything to her Ron, it will only anger her.'

Before Ron could answer back again, Harry distracted him.

'What! What is it?' Ron shouted in frustration. 'Oh, sorry.'

'Never mind. Look there both of you. It's Malfoy.' Said Harry.

'Oh no, what is he doing this time.' Said Hermione.

'Bullying another first year.' Said Harry. 'Crabbe and Goyle are holding the kid and Malfoy ha his wand out.'

'Quick, we have to help him.' Said Hermione.

'And get the same treatment? No thankyou, I would rather go tell a teacher.' Said Ron.

Harry thought this was a rather odd conversation as it was usually Hermione who wanted to tell the teacher.

There isn't enough time to get a teacher. The kid will have already been abused and dumped by then.' Said Harry and marched forward.

The three of them hurried across the grounds towards where Malfoy was just in time to stop him causing any damage.

'Well if it isn't Potter and his clowns. Come to save the day again?' Malfoy sneered.

'Leave him alone Malfoy.' Harry said sternly.

'And miss out on all this fun?' Said Malfoy. (Crabbe and Goyle sniggered).

Harry took out his wand. 'Let him go before you regret it.' Ron and Hermione did the same and stepped into place at his sides. The little first year boy was looking very scared and anxious.

'And what will you do Potter.' Malfoy spat out, his voice now cold and malicious. 'You have a Mudblood and a brat who can't do a spell properly if his life depended on it. You don't stand a chance.' He gestured to Crabbe and Goyle to let the kid go. ' I think I can have a lot more fun with you three.'

Harry felt the heat rise inside him like a rush of fire and was about to curse Malfoy but was suddenly stopped.

'What's goin' on 'ere?' Came Hagrid's deep disapproving voice.

'Malfoy was just bullying a little boy before we came-'

'Nonsense Potter. We were just being friendly. Trust you to turn the story around and be the little hero.' Malfoy said in a low ferocious voice.

Harry could have lunged on him then if Ron and Hermione had not held him back.

'Now you two stop this brawlin'. I don' want ter see yeh gettin yerselves into trouble.' He turned on Malfoy. 'an what's this abou' you bullyin' a kid? I'll have ter repor' yeh ter Dumbledore if I see any more disturbances.'

Malfoy, who wasn't taking any of this seriously, decided to go someplace else where there wasn't anyone to get him in trouble and left without a word(only a dirty look).

'Thankyou Hagrid.' Said Hermione.

'That's alrigh'. I'll be keepin a close eye on that fellow.' He looked at them kindly, 'I just don' wan' ter see you three gettin in a sticky mess with this bein yer last year an all.'

Hagrid returned to his hut where Fang was watching them curiously.

Harry didn't move but stood holding his wand tightly.

'Come on Harry, no use letting this ruin our day.' Said Hermione.

'I wish Hagrid hadn't have come. I would have given Malfoy the lashing he deserves.' Harry said. Hermione and Ron(who was also angry) managed to calm Harry and take him back to the tree. As they crossed the grounds they avoided the many gazes which followed them.

'We have to do something. Malfoy can't be allowed to go on treating people like this and getting away with it.' Said Harry.

'I agree but we've tried it before haven't we? And there isn't anything we can do.' Said the hot and bothered Ron.

'We haven't tried charms yet.' Said Harry.

'Harry don't be ridiculous, we can't do that!' Said Hermione.

'Why not? It can't make matters worse-'

'But we aren't allowed Harry. If we were found out we could end up in deep trouble. As much as I would like to see Malfoy cop it, I just don't agree with using charms.'

'No-one has to find out though.' Harry persisted. ' And we won't do anything dangerous, just something simple to stop him from causing harm to others. That seems like the right thing to do. If it were as simple as telling professor McGonagall then that's what I would do but that has never stopped him before. I say we take it into our own hands but be careful so that we aren't found out.'

Hermione looked helplessly at Ron who seemed to be busy studying a twig on the ground. 'I'm still not sure about this. Don't you realise? By using a spell like this it is practically like being a dark wizard, even if your intentions are good.'

'Don't be silly Hermione. We aren't hurting anyone, in fact we are helping people. We are stopping the bad from doing evil and if the charms are only temporary then we can just experiment with it.' Harry responded.

Hermione still looked sceptical. 'I won't be involved in your plans. If you two want to do it then go ahead but I have my ethics to think about. And plus' she added, 'I am Head Girl.'

Harry and Ron exchanged glances but seemed satisfied with her answer. 'You'll see it our way soon enough Hermione.' Said Harry.

Hermione nodded to him but told herself that no, she would not become involved no matter how much she wanted to see Malfoy humiliated (because he bloody well deserves it). But at the same time she would not tell on her friends but merely turn a blind eye. She just hoped they wouldn't get caught. And she certainly hoped there wouldn't be any serious consequences for messing with magic.