Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Draco's Transformation by Shena

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
RUDE AWAKENING



Malfoy strode confidently along the green terrain, heading toward the Quidditch pitch for a quick practice. It didn’t bother him so much that because of the Gryffindors, his team now had to squeeze in a practice at lunchtime instead of eating under a shady tree. He was much more bothered about the events that had occurred in the last few days. First he had been humiliated in front of most the students, got into trouble with Snape, poured his soul out to Granger, cleaned dirty cauldrons and had his plans messed up by someone he was unaware of. To make matters worse, he had to associate with Crabbe and Goyle who were becoming more stupid by the minute. Worse still, far beyond than anything else, was the fact that he could not stop thinking about Hermione.

Of course it was because he despised her so much, he told himself. But she was everywhere. Unavoidable. And not only in most of his classes, in the Great Hall, out in the courtyard being her usual opinionated self, but also in his mind. He was always cursing her under his breath, blaming her for his humiliation. Now there was also the knowledge that she knew him better than anybody else! She knew his torments, his anguish, his WEAK SIDE. Ever since the day she had come to him in a rage in the Room of Requirements he had been anxious and suspicious of her blabbing everything to her precious Potter and Weasel.

Malfoy frowned as he realised he still did not know how she had discovered his hiding place. Perhaps she had spied on him going there once before? Or did she decide to search there because she had once used the room as a secret place two years before? Yet when she had come in it seemed she definitely knew he was there by the determination evident on her countenance. No, he would never use that room again. It would be too dangerous. He shook his head to wipe the memory away. There I go thinking about her again! Oh how she infuriated him!

He stumbled suddenly not looking where he was going. He was also walking slower, his tread somewhat more unobtrusive than before. Fortunately there was no one around to see him when his guard was down. Only one person had seen him like that so far and that was bad enough. Not again! Stop it, stop it, stop IT!!! He smacked his head to rid the image of Hermione’s baffled expression from his mind. Take control of yourself Malfoy He told himself. Then taking a deep breath to calm down he stopped and massaged his temple, which was quickly bruising from the smack.

He jumped slightly when, to his right, there was the sound of rustling leaves.

‘Who’s there?’ He asked warily. No answer. He stepped a little closer to the jungle of large shrubs and bushes. ‘I said, who goes there?’

Before he could form a reaction, he found himself tangled in a web of leaves, thin branches twisting around his limbs and all at once something sharp hit his head and he lost consciousness.

He was in an office, well it looked like an office but it was full of very strange paintings and chandeliers and there were candles lit in every corner. Nobody else was with him. He studied the room wondering how he managed to get himself in such a strange place. Then he noticed a large mirror on the far end of the room and for some reason he felt compelled to go over. He was delighted by his reflection. Nobody could possibly be so good looking surely! He flexed his muscles, groomed his hair, smoothed moisturiser onto his creamy skin. Hang on, moisturiser? Where did that come from? Oh well, who cares?

But then something disturbed him. His double was moving in different time to him, it actually appeared to be reaching OUT OF THE MIRROR. It now stood in front of Malfoy, observing him and suddenly started poking his head incessantly.

‘Ouch, stop it!’ Cried Malfoy in pain. ‘Stop it I say, it hurts.’

But it wouldn’t stop, it just kept poking and poking and the pain was increasing and increasing until Malfoy decided he had had enough of this outrageous behaviour. He swung his arm to defend himself and a distant echo reached his ears.

‘Ouch! What did you do that for?’

Malfoy’s eyes flew open and he shouted in alarm at the sight of someone’s face came into focus, looking down with irritation into his. ‘Granger! What- what’s going on.? Stop poking me!’

Hermione rolled her eyes and lifted a white cloth with red smudge on it off his head. ‘Don’t be such a baby Malfoy, I am merely treating your cut.’

‘Cut?’ Malfoy was baffled. Suddenly the full extent of the pain seared through his head and all at once he was moaning and clutching his head.

Hermione stared at him in incredulously. ‘You must be joking. It’s the tiniest cut Malfoy, what are you winging about?’

He sat up and gave her a pathetic, demanding expression. ‘Must be a bloody big cut. Who did it, you?’

Hermione hesitated. ‘Well not on purpose of course. I didn’t mean for you to fall unconscious and hit a rock but I tripped and you were heavy-’

‘You grabbed me from the shrubs didn’t you!’ He shouted accusingly.

Hermione’s guilt was blatant but she would not let herself be yielded. ‘Now look, I am sorry for your almost unnoticeable, shallow and minute scratch but I brought you hear for more important matters.’

Malfoy was still in a rage. ‘Scratch? You said it was a cut! And it hurts like hell,’ he gasped suddenly. ‘This better not bruise badly. Blue and purple don’t suit my fair skin too agreeably.’ He then shut himself up as he noticed where they were.

The room was dark except for the brilliance of the hearth in the small area. He also realised he was seated on a very cushiony pink bed with frilly curtains hung upon it. The floor had fluffy carpet and there was a bowl of water and a small towel resting on a wooded surface beside him.

He grimaced in distaste. ‘Where have you taken me? Barbie land?’

Hermione giggled beside herself. ‘Actually, I have borrowed your hiding place if you don’t mind. We are in the Room of Requirements.’

Malfoy groaned and muttered. ‘Unbelievable.’

Hermione shook her head although her eyes were filled with amusement. ‘Well now that you seem to be better and the pain has abated, -’

‘It still hurts!’ Growled Malfoy.

Hermione continued, unmoved by the interruption. ‘ I will get straight down to business.’

She reached into her bag and pulled out the tiny wooden box that was the recorder.

Malfoy eyed it sceptically. ‘What’s that, a weapon you plan on giving me more bruises with?’

Hermione ignored his lame sardonic humour. ‘This is a recorder. It tapes conversations that can be rewound and replayed several times just like a muggle tape recorder. Now before I let you listen to this I have a few things to tell you.’

‘What?’ Malfoy pretended to be disinterested and faked a bored yawn. Hermione hid a smile.

‘You know very well about the accidents I have mysteriously come in contact with, or that Neville has? I assume you do, seeing as you were present at every one of them.’

Malfoy’s eyes widened and he immediately became serious. ‘You think it was me? I can assure you it was not. Typical of you Granger to automatically presume I am involved every time something happens.’

Hermione cut him off. ‘I am actually quite positive it was not you Malfoy. Otherwise you really would find large cuts and bruises on your face.’

Malfoy was rendered speechless for he had not expected her to say anything of the sort.

Hermione plastered a severe expression on her face and stood up to glare at him. The glow of light behind her gave her a very superlative appearance and Malfoy felt slightly uneasy. ‘Then why am I here?’

‘Good question.’ Replied Hermione shortly. She opened the wooden box and stood silently watching Malfoy’s expression as the sound of his, Crabbe and Goyle’s voices came from the object and replayed their recent discussions at the dinner table. When the conversation was over she closed the lid and slid the box into her bag, keeping it out of reach of Malfoy.

Again, Malfoy seemed at a loss of words.

‘As you now know, I am well aware of your uh, -innocence- let’s call it that for now-’

‘How did you do that-’

‘Never mind about that. Please stop your relentless interruptions and listen to me,’ she replied calmly. ‘ As I said earlier, I know everything that you have and haven’t planned and I know you won’t try plotting against me again or at least for the mean time. That is why I have this tape and have let you hear it so that you know not to mess around anymore. This is my warning Malfoy, change your fowl play and I won’t report to the headmaster. But one slip up and you’ll regret it.’

Malfoy boiled with anger. ‘ How dare you try and control me after invading my privacy and then abduct and injure me. And who are you to tell me not to play secret tricks after you went and did the same thing to me!’

Hermione was bewildered. ‘First of all I am in a very good position to tell you what to do but what is this your saying about me tricking you?’

‘Don’t play innocent with me Granger. You caused me humiliation and then coerced me into drinking the Veritaserum.’

Hermione’s jaw dropped. ‘You thought that was me? But it wasn’t, I swear!’

Malfoy barked a harsh laugh. ‘You’re a bad liar Granger as all mud bloods are. I am just appalled at your hypocrisy. I never took you as someone who would stoop to such a low status-’

Hermione mimicked his laugh. ‘Me? Low status? You must be mad. Shut up you silly fool, I would never think of doing such a deed that could possibly harm my reputation and future. If you think you were forced by magic you are looking in the wrong direction and even you should realise that.’

There was a pause as Draco contemplated what Hermione had told him. It hit him that she must be telling the truth and that he had been a fool to think it was her all along. Now he realised who was in the wrong and did not like to think of what would happen next.

Hermione read his expression and knew she had won this argument. ‘Therefore,’ she continued ‘I am willing to make this agreement with you even after these stupid accusations I have had to put up with.’

Malfoy frowned and waved his hand distractedly. ‘What was the agreement again?’

Hermione rolled her eyes but was patient. ‘You improve your behaviour from now on and the tape is safe with me but if I see you bully anyone in any way then I take it straight to Professor Dumbledore. Is that clear?’

Malfoy glared at her. ‘Yes mother.’

‘Very well.’ Hermione uttered with a hint of finality in her tone.

‘What now?’ Asked Malfoy. ‘I can’t stay here all day.’

Hermione stood up and gathered her belongings. ‘You can leave whenever you like. Good day.’

‘Wait!’ Malfoy grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving. ‘You can’t leave me here looking like this.’

She laughed at the absurdity of Malfoy’s vanity. ‘No one will care if you have a bruise on your forehead. I’m sure you won’t loose any friends or admirers. Just say you bumped into a tree.’

Malfoy shook his head. ‘No, they wouldn’t believe it. Malfoys don’t just walk into trees you know. It doesn’t look good and we are far too superior for such clumsy conduct.’

Hermione snorted but covered it up by pretending to cough when Malfoy gave her a very dirty look. ‘You could always go to Madam Pomfrey and ask her for a suggestion.’

Malfoy looked quite offended, ‘you can stop laughing at me now Mudblood-’

‘Now now,’ Hermione shook her finger at him disapprovingly. ‘No name- calling allowed either. Verbal abuse is also a form of bullying and I won’t have it.’

‘Fine, fine,’ Malfoy grumbled. ‘And get me out of this pink, frilly material, it’s really getting to me. Why did it have to be so ugly any way?’

Hermione shrugged and grinned to herself at Malfoy’s grumpy behaviour. It amused her to see him weak and vulnerable for once.

‘All right, I have to go. Don’t want to miss class.’ Hermione jumped up and scurried out of the door.

Malfoy’s eyes widened suddenly. ‘Hang on, what time is it? I have class too!’ Without further ado he kicked the bedding aside, grabbed his Nimbus 2001 and darted off to his dormitory, hopefully making it to his next class on time.




A/N: Ok sorry everyone for the long wait but im still here afterall! I hope that chapter wasn't confusing, if you didn't realise Malfoy was knocked unconcious, had a strange dream and then woke up to find Hermione jabbing at his face. Anyway till next time,

Shena