Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Never Ever by Black-Sand

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I don't own Harry Potter world... I was to busy crying over George loosing his ear!

...xXxLove SandyxXx...
George walked down the hall with a spring in his step and a smile on his face. He had woken up like that and as the day weathered on, he didn’t see it going away. He had a reason to be happy. Fred thought he must have fallen on his head, that could be the only reason for his behaviour, right? Wrong, Fred! He may have fallen, but not on his head. No. He’d fallen in love.

Hollows may think that he persuaded her just because she pulled a prank, or because he had money on it, but no, he fell before the prank. The prank just set it in stone. And god it was a good one, hexing Mrs. Norris so she was bald. No, it had been long before that.

He had first noticed her in class, answering practically all of the questions. He had thought of her as just another Ravenclaw nerd, but he was wrong. She wasn’t just some Ravenclaw, she wasn’t even just some girl, or just some face. She was different. It had been when he saw her in the Court Yard, reading, that made him start falling for her. The way her eyes shone when she read the words; they were so filled with emotion that it was indescribable. He later tracked down the book she had been reading to find it was a romance novel. Since then, his goal in life was to make her eyes shine the way those words had.

He walked into the library. He knew she was there, she always was. It was her safe haven. He had talked to her at breakfast, lunch, dinner, Denfense Against the Dark Arts,Transfiguration, Potions; all the classes they had together, plus free periods, breaks and study times, but he loved seeing her in the library. It was her niche.

Madam Prince looked at him suspiciously as he looked around for Dawn. When he had first come into the library, she never stopped breathing down his neck, expecting a prank. He had never gone into the library before, after all. But when she saw him watching Hollows, she realised he liked her and backed off, although she still kept an eye on him.

He looked around and there she was, sitting with her feet up and a small smile on her face. Her eyes were shining like he wished they’d do for him. How no other boy noticed her was beyond George’s comprehension. She was light among shadows. A ray of beauty, hope and safety. George noticed this whenever she walked into a room. His body seemed to hone in on her energy. He could sense her presence.

He walked over to her, turning on the Weasley charm. He saw many girls look at him with fond eyes but he only had one target. The only girl immune to the charm. It was known throughout Hogwarts that the Weasley boys had a certain effect on girls… well... every Weasley boy except Ron and Percy. The charm seemed to have skipped them.

He sat down behind her and put his arm on her shoulder, feeling an electric thrill shoot through his arm, making its way around his body. He heard a soft noise come from Hollows’ voice and he smiled; she was trying to hold back a groan. “Good morning, Miss Hollows, you’re looking beautiful as usual. Perhaps even more so, although I didn’t think that possible,” he confessed, picking up one of her soft locks and twirling it around his finger. He smelt something sweet around him. Curious, George brought the lock of hair to his nose and inhaled. Daffodils. They were secretly George’s favourite flower and she smelt like them. “You smell nice. New shampoo?”

She tried to ignore him but he could see that she wasn’t absorbed in the words from her book as she usually was. He was getting into her head and he wasn’t planning on leaving; just like she wouldn’t seem to leave his heart.

His long hair brushed her cheek softly and at that moment George wished his hair was able to sense touch. He really wanted to know what the skin covering her cheek felt like. Well, he would prefer to know what the feel of her lips was like, but he would settle of her cheek.

As he fought the urge to kiss her, he saw her draw breath sharply and felt her shoulders rise quickly. She had gasped at the sensation of his hair tickling her face. He couldn’t help but smile at this and watch a light, cute, rosy tinge appear on her cheeks.

“Come on, Hollows, be nice and say ‘Good morning, George,” he pestered. She had never said his first name. She always said Mr. Weasley or Weasley when telling him to politely piss off, and it was always said stiffly. He would die a happy man if she just said his name the same way one of the girls in her books said their loves name; breathless and full of emotion.

He wondered if she knew that she could tell him to do anything and he’d do it. Probably not. Well, she couldn’t get him to do anything seeing as she couldn’t get him to go away. But if she wanted flowers, he’d get them. If she wanted him to fall off his broom in a Quidditch match, he would, and shockingly, if she wanted him to stop pranking, he would. He was even planning on coming back for his final year, just for her.

That’s why he had said he had hexed Mrs. Norris. She valued her spotless record; it was important to her and he was all too happy to take a weeks worth of detentions for her. It would have been a years worth if he hadn’t told Professor Dumbledore of what Filch had done to Hollows’ friend.

Perhaps I should tell her I took the detention, thought George. He quickly decided not to. She would think he did it to win her over, but truthfully, he didn’t want her to suffer. Why couldn’t he make her see that?

Sighing softly, he looked at her blonde hair in his fingers as the light streaming through the window hit it. It mesmerized him. Her over-all hair colour was dirty blonde and in the dank dungeons and darker classrooms it stayed that colour, but in the sunlit library new colours came out. There was honey-blonde, bleach-blonde, soft-blonde and, to his delight, strawberry/copper-blonde streaks running through her hair. All natural. It looked as beautiful as she did.

He had fallen hard. He would never give up until she fell like he’d fallen.

Never ever!
Chapter Endnotes: R & R's are lovely. Thank you!