Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Never Ever by Black-Sand

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
God, he’s pissing me off! George thought as he watched Fred smothering Angelina in kisses. It wasn’t that George wanted Angelina... it was that George was at the Yule Ball… alone. How pathetic was that? He could have asked some girl besides Dawn to the Ball, but she was the only one he wanted. Fred found it funny; the only girl that was immune to the Weasley charm was the one girl George wanted above all others.


“Honestly, George, why do you have that with you?” Fred asked, nodding to the book in George’s hands.

“’Cause I’m planning to give it back to Dawn. I have to face it - she doesn’t like me.” George sighed with defeat, dropping his head sorrowfully. The very thought made him want to be sick.

“Dawn? Dawn Hollows? As in Natalie Clark’s cousin?” Angelina exclaimed, trying to stop Fred from kissing her so she could talk to George. Giggling, she playfully hit Fred’s arm. “Stop it, Fred.”

“I don’t know. Isn’t Natalie Clark that blonde girl you asked out a few weeks before I admitted I liked Dawn?” George questioned his twin, frowning in thought.

“Yeah, I think she is,” Fred answered, screwing up his face in concentration. “Easiest three galleons I’ve ever made. I should let Lee dare me more often.”

“Honestly, Fred, Natalie’s a cow! I can’t believe you actually asked her out. She’s so mean to Dawn. Natalie really is… nasty piece of work “ there are no other words for her. She is always putting Dawn down. Is Dawn like that? Nasty, I mean?”

George just looked at Angelina before shaking his head. He didn’t get a chance to reply because Fred started to backhand his arm as he looked over George’s shoulder in shock.

“Found Hollows,” he informed George almost robotically, not taking his eyes off something in the distance.

George looked over his shoulder and gasped. There was Dawn in a floor length, Ravenclaw blue, halter-neck. The back of it was cut low, and had a floral pattern on the bottom. Her hair was in loose ringlets and her brown eyes were framed with black eyeliner and blue eye shadow. She was on the dance floor, dancing to the beat with her friend Ethel. The ice theme to the ball suited Dawn well. The hall was mesmerizing and all similar shades of white, pale blue or silver. Her slightly pale skin tone and silk blue dress fitted the décor perfectly. If it was just her in the room and no one else, it would look as though the room was made for her and the look she adorned.

This is going to be fun! George thought sarcastically as he turned to face Dawn and walked over to her. He wondered if he would be able to stop himself from stuttering or showing how much he wished to be her date. He was happy to see she hadn’t came with a date, but with her friend who had also chosen to remain dateless.

“Can I talk to you?” George yelled over the music.

Dawn stopped dancing and looked at George with a startled expression before nodding and walking into the Entrance Hall with the red-head.

When they reached the Entrance Hall, they found that no one was in it. They walked over to the side wall where they could be out of view of those in the Great Hall, but still have the music disguising the silence. Dawn stood with her back to the wall as though she thought someone would come up behind her and do something to embarrass her and George stood in front of her, trying not to look at her out of fear of losing his train of thought.

George stood awkwardly in front of Dawn, only just noticing how low-cut the front of her dress was. It annoyed the hell out of him. What perverted boy had been looking at her before he had pulled her away? If he found any when they went back in, they would be the victim of his next prank, that was, if he ended up going back in at all. “Umm... I just wan…wanted to return your book.” George held up ‘Music of the Night’.

“Oh, thank you,” Dawn said, taking the book out of George’s hand and looking down at it as though she was trying to stop herself from doing something.

“All right then, I guess I’ll just go back in.” George pointed at the double doors over his shoulder before turning and walking off.

“I’m not her!”

Dawn’s voice drifted over to George, making him stop. Her voice held emotions he had never heard before. Pain, anger and… was it heartache? He turned back around to find her looking at him. “Excuse me?”

“I’m not Natalie.” Dawn looked down sadly at her book, tears visibly swirling in her eyes. “You’re wasting your time.”

“I didn’t even know she was your cousin.” George walked over to stand in front of Dawn. Disbelief at what he was hearing was written on his face. How could he think he wanted Natalie, he had been asking her out relentlessly. Didn’t that show which of the cousins had his heart?

“You asked her out before you asked me and she rejected you.”

Fred asked her out and it was a dare worth three galleons. All I know about her is that she’s a cow!” George was getting frustrated with Dawn’s accusations.

Dawn’s head shot up to look at George. “Then… then why did you ask m…me out?”

“BECAUSE I BLOODY LOVE YOU, DAMN IT!” George roared, causing people who were exiting the Great Hall to look over.

Dawn looked at him in shock. “Wha…what? You… actually like ME... or love me?” When George nodded Dawn just stared at him for a moment before stepping forward, wrapping her arms around his neck, dropping her book and kissing him. After she drew back, her lips hovering over his, she explained breathlessly, “Natalie was the one that sent me a bird letter as you asked me out the first time. She said you wanted to go out with me because you liked her and I was as close as you were going to get; that’s why I said no. I wanted to say yes, how could I not? There’s no one immune to the Weasley charm. But I… I believed her! George, I’m sorry, I should have just said yes but I was scared.”

George was still slightly dazed from having Dawn kiss him. He hadn’t expected her to. Not even in his wildest dreams had he dared think that she’d suddenly throw her arms around him and kiss him with as much passion as he had for her. George looked disbelieving for a moment, letting the confession she had given sink in before smiling. She had let her shield down for him; she had let him into her life and she had spoken his name in a breathless, loving voice like he imagined the females in her romantic books spoke to their lovers. If I was to die right now, I’d die a happy man… no, wait! No I wouldn’t! I only just got the girl of my dreams, I’m not about to do something stupid like dying. “For a Ravenclaw, you’re an idiot!” With that said, he kissed her again, ignoring the whistling coming from Fred who was watching them with Angelina. Both of the observers had large smiles on their faces. He was never going to get over the feeling of her lips against his.

Never ever!
Chapter Endnotes: THE END!!!!

Reviews are always welcome.

...xXxLove SandyxXx...