Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Think This Love is Altering my Brain by MadEyeMaddy

Printer
Summary: Ron and Hermione have always had a special connection. But mix in a fake French girl, a handful of dares, a cup of Hogsmeade trips, half a pound of Malfoy, and a pinch of detentions, there is definitely some trouble to be anticipated.

A look into Ron and Hermione's fifth-year minds to experience the spazzness and crazyism in first person.

Disclaimer: Sadly, I am not J. K. Rowling. I'm not even famous. Heck, I only have one story up on Mugglenet. But I'm still glad I can walk into J. K.'s world. And tap-dance back out again.

Additional warnings: May contain fluff, excessive randomness (AU), and minor plot twists!

I would also appreciate if NikkiSue/Nicole could mod this for me :]


Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Ron/Hermione
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Book 7 Disregarded
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 9 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 11212 Viewcount: 47604
Published on: 05/17/09 Updated On: 01/21/10



Story Notes: If Hermione is the brightest witch of her age, why can't she see that Ron loves her? If Ron 'has a way with the ladies', why doesn't he understand that Hermione has been obsessing over him since first year?



1. I Dare You by MadEyeMaddy [ - ] (1109 words)
Many thanks to my amazing beta, ginnygirl16, for taking my raw, chopped up piece of story, and slow-cooking it into this delicious piece of words.

If you love it, review. If it was okay, review. If you think I'm a suckish author and should pack my bags right now, move to an island with no electricity and hate my fanfics, review. But I can't guarantee that is going to happen. Sorry, haters.


2. Detentions and Mysterious Girls by MadEyeMaddy [ - ] (1387 words)
Thanks to ginnygirl16, the most amazing, helpful beta. *applause* Sorry for the long wait for this chapter.


3. Burns, Blisters, and Bruises. by MadEyeMaddy [ - ] (1511 words)
I'm sorry for the long wait! I know it's been forever, but I promise I'll try to get Chapter 4 up faster. That chapter's a lot better than this one, too. As far as thank-you's go, I'd like to thank all of my reviewers, and especially my beta, ginnygirl16, for looking over this multiple times. The line Hermione never misses a trick, does she? was originally one of her comments the first time she beta-ed for me, but I thought it fit nicely in with this chapter! Enjoy!


4. Strange Dreams and Wild Common Rooms by MadEyeMaddy [ - ] (1412 words)
Sorry, guys, for the uber-long wait. I've been all over the place and crazy-busy, but I'll try to keep 'em comin'! All of your reviews have made me feel super-fuzzy. Anyway, to the thank-you section of the chapter notes: I'd like to thank ginnygirl16, that amazing beta over on the beta boards who corrects my mistakes and is just generally awesome. Also, a special thanks to NikkiSue/Nicole for giving me amaziling tips and advice on how to clean up my chapter. Anyway, enjoy, I love this chapter :D.


5. Rough Punishments and Snogging in the Library by MadEyeMaddy [ - ] (1370 words)
Eeeeeep. Sorry. I'm WAY too slow on the updates. Life is super crazy which makes me uber busy. Well that's 'nuff 'bout 'lil ol' me. Thanks goes to ginnygirl16, the crazylicious beta who adds amazing and proper punctuation, and to Nicole/NikkiSue because all mods deserve love and credit. Hahaa(:. And of course to all you fans and reveiwers. Ready... Set... READ!


6. Secrets and Injuries by MadEyeMaddy [ - ] (1721 words)
Okay so first off, when Ron's talking about "being halfway in love with girls, thats a quote by J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye, 1945. Also, the word "miffed" is borrowed from one of my reviewers(:. And, as usual, thanks to ginnygirl16, Nicole, and YOU! Please enjoy the following text:


7. Almost-Kisses and Angry Villains by MadEyeMaddy [ - ] (975 words)
So this is kind of a weird chapter, but even though its short, I think it's really cute ^.^. Anyway, that part where R and H go into Ron's dorm, please don't have dirty thoughts. They're just going to talk to Harry. Also, I got that idea from HBP, so credit JK, not me. Ummmm. The ending of this chapter doesn't really have any significance. Just saying. And one more thing. I know it doesn't make sense that they're were people in the library at midnight-ish, but lets just say it was a weekend(:. Thanks to ginnygirl16, who even though she didn't beta these last couple chapters, really stuck with me and I hope she comes out of retirement soon. Miss ya, Sarah. And of course to Nicole, and every single reader and reviewer. Please enjoy, guys. I'm only here for a little longer :(.


8. The First Date and Strange Kisses by MadEyeMaddy [ - ] (1053 words)
*SUPERHAPPYSQUIGGLEJUMP* I'm baaaack. Alright. So its been like two months, and I've been flicking myself every day I put this off. But I finally put it up!!! Okay, so I totally had a list of everybody who reviewed a lot and stuck by my side, but I lost it. So, I'm going to thank all of you. MWA! Thanks for being there and telling me whether I rocked or sucked. Also, a GINORMOUS thanks to NikkiSue and her patience and helpful advice through all 8 chapters. And last but not last, thanks to ginnygirl16, wherever she is, for being there since day 1. Without her, I would still be a pool of self-pity writing stories with bad grammar and terrible plots. I owe it all to you, girl! Thanks for standing by me. And this is the last chapter. I will miss you all terribly. Keep watching my name though. Something else might just pop up....


9. Epilogue - 10 years later by MadEyeMaddy [ - ] (674 words)
Here it is. I really am attached to this story. I'll miss it more than you can imagine. Thanks for everyone who stood by me.