Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Tarot by DeadManSeven

Printer
Summary:

A reading that consists of only cards from the Major Arcana indicates the destiny of the querant lies outside their own control - possibly within the hands of Fate itself.

Nineteen years pass between the final chapter and the epilogue. Here are two days inside those nineteen years.


Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters: None
Warnings: Sexual Situations, Strong Profanity
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 7 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 15136 Viewcount: 23712
Published on: 05/24/09 Updated On: 10/11/09





1. (III) - 'The Empress' by DeadManSeven [ - ] (2042 words)


Here is the Empress, the earth mother, seated in a sunny field of golden grain... At her feet lies a shield, shaped like a heart and inscribed with the symbol of Venus. The Empress is the goddess of love and fertility...

- Wigington


2. (I) - 'The Magician' by DeadManSeven [ - ] (2043 words)


The flowers of nature surround him, and above his head floats the universal symbol of Infinity. ...The Magician is always in control of the choices that surround him. He holds a wand up to the heavens, and yet the opposite hand points to the earth.

- Wigington


3. (IX) - 'The Hermit' by DeadManSeven [ - ] (2312 words)

His cloak covers most of his body... he uses it to shield the lantern, as though to hide it from unworthy eyes. On the long dark nights of the soul, the Hermit is there to guide us in our quest for wisdom and knowledge.


- Wigington

4. (VII) - 'The Chariot' by DeadManSeven [ - ] (2061 words)

The sphinxes... sometimes portrayed as stallions, are light and dark, showing us the charioteer's ability to harness good and evil. ...A reversed [Chariot] card often represents a victory that is less than ethical -- cheating, lying, or manipulating others to get one's own way.

- Wigington

5. (X) - 'The Wheel of Fortune' by DeadManSeven [ - ] (1990 words)

The Wheel of Fortune card reminds us that we're not always governed by chance or fate, but that we have the power to change our lives.


- Wigington

6. (0) - 'The Fool' by DeadManSeven [ - ] (2698 words)
The Fool is an oddity in the Major Arcana... he is numberless, and represented by a zero. ...He looks exquisitely happy, almost as though he's daydreaming, and yet doesn't seem to notice that he's about to step off a cliff.

- Wigington

7. (XII) - 'The Hanged Man' by DeadManSeven [ - ] (1990 words)

A young man dangles by one foot... This card is an indicator of wisdom as yet untapped or undiscovered, and even of prophetic power. The Hanged Man shows us a pause in our life, a moment of suspension in time.


- Wigington