Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Popped Bubble by youngrowling

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Her hands clenched and unclenched in her lap as she faced the wizard across from the desk she had been invited to sit in. The wizard was an old one, and Hermione’s mind screamed at him to hurry up.

This was the day. The day that Hermione, after having spent five torturous years working in the lowest position possible at the Ministry of Magic, would finally be able to prove herself capable of doing more than stapling news clippings together and filing them away. No, not anymore.

“Ah! Here we go.” The wizard said as he emerged from the file cabinet he had been searching in. “Yes, we were indeed very impressed with the work you have done so far Ms. Granger. You have been as efficient and as trustworthy as any of the secretaries we have ever had in the Ministry.”

Hermione glanced at the folder on the desk before her, the folder that now held her fate. Her hands were itching to grab it but she managed to control herself for a few more minutes and tried to listen to the wizard who had continued talking.

“Your work based on the improvements the ministry should undergo to allow easier and more proficient results was fascinating. It was that very piece that sealed my decision.”

A bead of sweat trickled down Hermione’s back. Please… Oh please…

The wizard gave her a toothless grin. “We have decided to assign you to one of the leading heads in your department.”

“Yes!” Hermione screamed and instantly covered her mouth as she felt her cheeks flame up, but for once, she didn’t care. All those years of coming to work, dreading the lowly looks witches and wizards with higher positions gave to her were finally over. She herself loathed the repetitive task of stapling and labeling. And now, her dreams were coming true. Maybe she really could make a difference in the wizarding world after all!

“I am happy to see you are so enthusiastic.” The wizard said with a smile. “But I hope you realize the responsibilities that come with this job.”

Hermione nodded energetically. “Yes sir, I do. I swear that I will do everything as correctly and promptly as I possibly can.”

The wizard raised one of his bushy eyebrows. “And you promise that you will do anything your head asks of you? For you do realize you are being trained Ms. Granger. You may call yourself as an intern of sorts. You are not in any position of power.”

Hermione nodded once more and smiled. “I understand perfectly sir. You have sent me to learn from one of the best. I am nothing more but a humble student.”

At that, the wizard chuckled. “That’s the spirit Ms. Granger!”

Hermione laughed herself. She was positively beaming. All of her dreams were indeed coming true.

As the wizard began filling away the folder, Hermione realized they had forgotten something.

“By the way, who am I going to be working pitifully and pathetically hard for anyway?” She could afford a little humor. Her dreams were coming true for the love of God! Her bubble of happiness was so thick that she almost didn’t hear the name the wizard mentioned.

“Sorry?” Hermione asked apologetically.

The wizard sighed. “You are already celebrating this achievement in your head, aren’t you Ms. Granger?”

Hermione’s cheeks turned faintly pink, but nothing could burst her bubble. Nothing at all, until…

“I said the head you are assigned to is the prominent Mr. Malfoy.”

POP.







POP.

A very different pop came from four floors above the place Hermione had just quietly left.

Draco Malfoy completely ignored the messenger bubble he had received from another department head and paid no attention to Mr. Gryphon’s voice as it filled his office.

“Hermione, you say?” Draco asked, the glee apparent in his voice.

“Yes sir.” The tiny voice of his equally tiny yet very curvy assistant Esmeralda, confirmed. “A Ms. Hermione Granger. The Minister requested you personally sir.”

Draco smirked and his handsome features lit up in a way Esmeralda had never seen before.

“What does this mean then?” Draco asked curiously, eyeing Esmeralda’s generous bosom which she graciously showed off in a very tight and revealing blouse. “For the next month I’m going to be a teacher? How am I going to get my work done?”

Esmeralda shook her head. “No sir. I mean, Ms. Granger is going to be a sort of intern, or a student if you may. But your time will not have to be wasted on coaching her. The Minister gave specific instructions on what he wants.”

“And what is that?” Draco asked lazily, motioning for Esmeralda to sit closer to him which she did without hesitation.

“Though Ms. Granger will be learning the ropes of your position sir, and mine as well, you are her boss and she is to follow your orders. You are permitted to give her nearly half of your workload if you feel she is in the condition of handling it.”

Draco’s fingers were silently unbuttoning Esmeralda’s tight blouse and soon found her equally tight black lace bra.

“And if she refuses?” Draco asked coolly, not noticing Esmeralda’s lusty gaze.

“The Minister asks that you give him a weekly report sir.” Esmeralda continued as she began stroking Draco’s soft blond hair. “If she proves to be unfit for any higher positions, or if she is unable to cope up with the work, then she returns to her job as the secretary for Muggle Protection.”

Draco let out a loud laugh.

This is going to be very interesting. He thought and finally slipped his lean fingers into Esmeralda’s underwear and listened to her soft moan.

Very interesting indeed.