Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

P.S. I Still Love You by MJ_Padfoot

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

I have to thank all three of my betas. Terri, Kathleen, and Afifa. You guys are the best! Please review!
P. S. I still love you
MJ_Padfoot
One-Shot
~*~*~


Lavender Brown was alone on a bright and sunny day. At least, she was at the moment; Hermione Granger and Parvati Patil had gotten up a few minutes before she had. Just like in their younger years at Hogwarts, they were still sharing their old dormitory. Hermione had moved back into the dormitory for her seventh year at Hogwarts. The school had been under reconstruction for about six months after the final battle and it had been closed for all the students. Finally, after all of the construction had finished, everyone had been allowed to return. Lavender was glad to be back at Hogwarts to finish studying, but she wasn’t pleased to be roommates with Hermione. After all, she had seen Hermione kissing Ron on the night of the final battle.

This didn’t make the year any better for Lavender. She had to endure all of Hermione’s tears and giggles about Ron’s letters for the past six months. This was one of the reasons that she was looking forward to the end. But today just happened to be the worst day of her life; it was February the fourteenth. Lavender had woken up to the sound of Hermione asking Parvati about what to wear for her date tonight with Ron. Since then, Lavender had been in a bad mood.

Lavender was still in her pink and white stripped pajamas. She was sitting on her unmade bed, trying not to think of Ron. She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. This was going to be a long day. I might as well make myself useful.

Lavender got up and made her bed. She then quickly showered and got ready for the day. She wore her favorite Weird Sisters’ concert shirt and some blue jeans. Lavender looked in the mirror. This is as good as it’s going to get. Her stomach gave a loud grumble and she walked out of Gryffindor tower to get a bit of breakfast.
~*~


“Good morning, Lavender!” said Parvati.

“It’s not a good morning,” she snapped back. “How can it be a good morning when it’s Valentine’s Day?”

“Someone has their wand in a knot. Why are you so upset?” Parvati’s face was full of concern for her best friend.

“I heard Hermione muttering about her date tonight with . . . Ron.” she sniffed.

“You heard that?”

“Yeah.”

“We thought that you were still asleep. Hermione was only asking for suggestions. She didn’t give me any details or anything.”

Lavender was starting to feel irritated. Thinking about Ron, Hermione, or the fact that it was Valentine’s Day was sickening. “Can we just drop the subject? I really don’t want to talk about it.”

“Sure, sure,” said Parvati.

It was quiet for a moment, and then Parvati asked Lavender if she’d like to come to Hogsmeade with her.

“No, thanks. I don’t think I can stomach the couples today.”
She saw Parvati’s disappointed face. “Are you sure? I mean, it’ll be fun . . .”

“Sorry, Parvati, I . . . I just . . . I need to untie my brain today and get over him.”

After both girls finished their breakfast, Lavender said good-bye to Parvati as she left. Lavender went up the stairs to do some homework, which was unlike her. She usually did homework at night with Parvati in the dormitory, but today was different. She needed to keep her mind off of Ron.

Digging through her bag, Lavender found her quill and went downstairs to find an empty table. She started writing her essay for Professor Slughorn. An hour or so went by, and she finished. Now what should I do? I don’t have any more homework . . .

As her mind began wandering off, Ron Weasley wiggled his way into her thoughts. I can’t take this anymore! she thought. How in the world am I going to get over him if I can’t stop thinking about him?

Lavender thought for a moment. I could talk to him face to face. It wouldn’t be too bad; just as long as Hermione wasn’t there . . . Lavender shook her head - there was no way she was going to talk to the boy-who-broke-her-heart. As the minutes ticked on, Lavender thought up ways of how to communicate with Ron. She had to tell him that he was the biggest prat in the world for breaking up with her.

It would be best for Lavender to confess her true feelings for him in the most honest way. Maybe I could use the Floo Network. She pondered for a moment and quickly changed her mind; an idea had just dawned on her. She would write Ron a letter. Lavender ran up the stairs to grab some fresh parchment and more ink. She then returned to her table, and then began writing.

February 14, 1999

Dear Ron,

Dear Ronald,

Dear Won-Won,

Each time I call you that name, Cupid strikes me with his arrow. I miss calling you that. And I miss you laughing at me and then calling me Lav-Lav. I still cannot believe that I called you by that name. I always told myself, after we broke up; I’d never call you that; so much for that. I must admit that I miss you on this not-so-happy Valentines Day. I hope that you and that bushy, ex-buck teeth friend, Hermione are having fun today. I can’t help but think of our first kiss. It was so romantic. I’d give anything today to kiss you under our tree.


Lavender paused, momentarily lost in her memories.

Quickly, she came back to her senses.

But reality doesn’t seem to like me today.

I wish on every single Chocolate Frog ever made, that I could be with you again. You’ll never, ever know how much I hate you for breaking my heart. I am so hurt that snobby, two-faced, Miss-Know-It-All took my place. I’ll never forgive you for ripping my heart out of my chest!


“Too much,” muttered Lavender to herself. She re-thought the lines through and once she had gotten started, the words flew out from her quil.

Why can’t you break up with her? Why can’t you tell her that you don’t love her? Why can’t you tell her that she’s ugly? And most of all, why can’t you come back to me? Why not? Give me another chance, Ron. I can be so much better. I’ll be anything that you want. I can be less clingy! More talkative, and not snog so much if that would make you happy. I’d do anything to have you back.

Lavender lifted the quill from the parchment. Ink splattered onto the paper, and she dropped the quill. Tears filled Lavender’s eyes. She thought of the hurtful words that were spoken the night of her break-up. He had said that he realized that he wasn’t in love with her; but with Hermione. As the anger burned inside of her, tears fell onto the letter, staining it with streaks. She picked up the quill and allowed the emotions to be written onto the paper.

No, I’ve changed my mind. I don’t want you back. Why, you ask? Because I deserve someone who won’t walk out on me and go for another girl. Just because you think you’re ‘in love’ with ex-buck tooth, doesn’t mean that you do. I’m so angry with you, Ronald.

I thought that kissing you was special. I thought that it meant something to you. And when you would hold me in your arms and whisper in my ear, ‘I love you,’ obviously that was a lie. You always said that you’d be mine. Evidentially, Cupid was wrong.

I thought that you’d be the one for me. The one who I would call mine. Forever and always. I thought that we could grow old together and sit in front of the fire and about our years in Hogwarts. I thought that we had something too special to talk about. I thought that you loved me.

Well, I was wrong about that. You dumped me for the Know-It-All, Hermione Granger. Thanks for the lies and heartbreak. That was just what I wanted my Prince Charming to give me. Don’t owl me. Don’t talk to me. And don’t look at me.

Lavender


Setting down the quill, Lavender wiped away the tears. Deep down, the truth remained. Lavender had to face the truth of the matter. Picking up the quill, she wrote the four most meaningful words in the world onto the parchment.
P. S.

I still love you,

Lav-Lav


Lavender wiped away some tears. She re-read the letter to herself and carefully folded it up. That’s enough of this. He doesn’t love me and I need to accept that. Getting up, Lavender walked over to the fire. She put it in an envelope and tossed it into the flames. Lavender took a deep breath in. The letter’s edges were blackening. Slowly, the flames consumed the rest of the letter; turning it into ashes.

“Goodbye, Ron,” she whispered.
Chapter Endnotes: Don't forget to leave a review! :)