Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ruckus in the West Country by DeBarkley

Printer
Summary: Following on from 'The Order of the Pheonix', 'The Ruckus in the West Country' tells the tale of events, which transpire prior to Dumbledore collecting Harry from Number 4 Privet Drive at the beginning of 'The Half Blood Prince'.

During the worst summer in living memory countless terrors unfold, the destruction of the Brockdale Bridge, a slue of gruesome murders including the Bones and Vance killings, the Dementors abandon Azkaban, yet all are but preludes for what is to come as The Dark Lord unleashes his most terrible and devastating plan yet.

Days later a sacked and shamefaced Fudge hides the full horror of the event from the Muggle Prime Minister, whilst teams of obliviators work feverishly around the clock to remove all trace of the worst attack upon a wizarding community in a thousand years. Scares are healed but few will forget the images of Giants, Death Eaters, Dementors, fireballs and whirlwinds which fell from the darkness onto the helpless people of the West Country.

But even here in the quiet after the storm there is no peace, for within the ashes of this terrible nights deeds lie the seeds of greater evil to come.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 3669 Viewcount: 1417
Published on: 06/29/09 Updated On: 07/01/09





1. Chapter 1 - Spies on the Bridge by DeBarkley [ - ] (3669 words)
A dark and somber mood now sweeps the nation, The Dark Lord has returned.

Gruesome murders and broken structures litter the pages of the Daily Prophet, all hope seems snuffed out by the dark chill fog that clings to the air.

Little do the inhabitants of Lavender Cottage know that the first ray of morning light will illuminate an inescapable path, where hidden events will unfold changing their lives and those around them forever.


[Potential spoiler]

- A dark an ominous bird watches over Lavender Cottage.
- The Daily Prophet sheds light on recent event connected to the Dark Lord.
- The boys are shocked to learn of the murder of a local wizard.
- And Rodney discovers the secret of the world’s thickest gravy.
(Yes, you read that last part correctly.)