Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Snowflakes by The_Dream_Team

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

Anything you recognize belongs to the incredible JK Rowling!
As Lily looked out the airplane's window, she saw the beautiful New Zealand mountains covered with pure white snow. She tapped her best friend, Cassie, and pointed to the spectacular view.

A grin spread across Cassie's face as she saw the mountains that they would soon be skiing down. "I'm so excited," she exclaimed. "I can't wait to start skiing!" The girls were going on a month long ski trip over the summer that they were all very much looking forward to. "It's going to be so much fun!"

Lily nodded along with her friend and went back to staring out her window. It will be a nice break from magic, she thought to herself. It didn't matter, though. Lily was only sixteen and not yet allowed to preform magic outside of school. Plus, she usually spent her Summer holidays with her Muggle, or non-magical, parents and sister anyway, so it was not like she was missing out on anything.

She was mostly happy to be with her Muggle friends, Cassie, Jill, and Bess, who she almost never was able to spend time with. They didn't know that Lily was actually a witch and that the boarding school she went away to each year was really Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She sighed as she thought of Hogwarts. She already missed her best friend, Lucy, who she wouldn't be able to keep in touch with over vacation (an owl flying into the hotel room would most likely end badly...). As much as she loved her magical school, she was glad to get away from the stress, and most importantly, James Potter. Lily was looking forward to not being harassed by Potter and his mates over the holidays.

Shaking James from her head, Lily looked over at her Muggle friends. Cassie had opened a book called Wuthering Heights and was intently reading it. She tucked her blond bangs behind her ear and flipped another page. Bess sat next to her, her usual bright blue eyes were hidden behind her eyelids, for she was heavily sleeping (and snoring) at the moment. Next to her was Jill, who was having an animated discussion with the flight attendant wile braiding her dark brown hair. Lily smiled. As much as she missed hogwarts, she horribly missed the days when the four of them were in the same Primary school.

"At this time we're going to turn on the seatbelt sign and ask that you return to your seats and ensure your seatbelts are fastened until we are parked safely at the gate. It's been our pleasure to have you with us on Northwest today and we hope to have you back with us soon. Flight attendants please prepare the cabin for landing," said a voice. Lily put the book she was reading and the rest of her belongings in her carry-on and prepared for the landing.

***

The landing was smooth and the girls quickly got their luggage. A shuttle bus picked them up and in no time, Lily, Jill, Cassie, and Bess had reached The Christophe Brazier Lodge and found their four-bedroom residence. It was absolutely stunning, with a perfect fireplace, nice kitchen, and three bathrooms. The view from their balcony was beautiful. Lily could see tons of mountains and tiny skiers making there way through the snow. It all just made her more and more excited to start skiing

Lily slipped away into her bedroom. There was a double bed with an adorable quilt lying across the bottom. A mirror hung above a wooden dresser and there were little mints placed on the table beside the bed. It was so cozy and charming that Lily almost wanted to go to sleep right then, but she decided against it.

"Come on, Lily," Jill yelled from another room. "We're headed straight for the hot tub!"

"I'm so there," she shouted back and she went to change into her suit.

The girls headed out of their room in search for the hot tub. They soon discovered that each and every one of them had no sense of direction and they were hopelessly lost. They were now laughing at themselves in front of a map of the hotel.

"So, we've got to find Elevator G," said Bess. "Wherever that is..."

"I think that one's around the corner!" exclaimed Jill and she began skipping off to find the elevator. The rest of the girls followed, ignoring the looks cast upon them by confused tourists. As it turned out, Jill was right and the friends were soon on Elevator G and chatting up a storm.

There was a ding as the sliding doors opened revealing two boys. Lily turned and came face to face with a tall boy with messy hair and hazel eyes that hid behind circular glasses. She knew that unkept hair. She knew that cocky grin. She knew that arrogant boy who stood before her. James Potter was staring at her with shock and excitement.

"Nice bikini, Evans," he said, giving her a wink.

Next to him, Sirius Black was roaring with laughter at Lily's horrified expression.

Voldemort, kill me now, she thought to herself as her two least favorite people walked into Elevator G.
Chapter Endnotes: Thanks for reading! Please leave a review on the way out!