Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Snowflakes by The_Dream_Team

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Here is chapter two!
"Lily," whispered Cassie, "do you know him?"

Lily was glaring at James and Sirius who seemed perfectly pleased to see her. James had a huge grin plastered across his face and couldn't contain his excitement.

"So, what are you doing here, darling?" said James as his hand shot up to ruffle his hair.

"Darling?" asked Cassie. Lily rolled her eyes.

"No," she responded. "NOT darling. This is James Potter and Sirius Black. We go to school together. I hate them both."

"Hate is a strong word, Lilykins--"

"Shut up, Potter!" yelled Lily. She just couldn't take his attitude. It was bad enough he and his little side-kick were in the same state as her, let alone the same lodge.

"Settle down, Evans," said Sirius, "and introduce us to your lovely friends!"

Jill, Bess, and Cassie wore identical expressions. They looked confused and overwhelmed by the newcomers and weren't certain how these boys got along with their friend. Jill was the first to speak.

"Hi, I'm Jill!"

"Well, hello Jill," replied Sirius as he extended his hand. "You have a nice bo--"

"Bathing suit," said James and he elbowed his friend.

Jill began blushing feverishly and Bess and Cassie giggled in the background. Lily, on the other hand, was about to throw up.
"Bess, Cassie, and Jill, this is James and Sirius. James and Sirius, this is Bess, Cassie, and Jill," introduced Lily. "And now that you've met, you can say goodbye!" The doors had slid open once more allowing the teenagers to leave the elevator. Lily was relived that James and Sirius would be leaving for now, but her heart sank as Bess, the usually quiet girl, spoke up.

"How 'bout you guys come to the hot tub," she suggested. James' face lit up.

"Definitely," he said and he gave Lily another flirtatious wink. Sirius and James began to strut off towards their room, but they were stopped by Lily.

"Potter, Black, a word, please?" she asked. She allowed her friends to leave without her and she went to talk with the two boys she hated the most.

"Why are you here?" Lily asked as soon as her friends were out of earshot.

James looked taken aback.

"We're on vacation," said Sirius. "It's not like James is stalking you!"

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time..." said Lily, remembering her third year.

"Hey! I was not stalking you!" defended James.

"You don't call hiding under that bloody cloak and sneaking into the Girls Dormitories stalking?"

"I-- " James started, but he was cut off again.
"Or how about when you found out where I live and came to my house to give me a Christmas present in Fifth year!"

James was blushing now, which wasn't something he did very often.

"What about when you stayed up all night in fourth year watching her dot on the map?" Sirius added. James scowled at him, but Lily was confused.

"What map?"

"Uh... map?" asked James.

"Yes," said Lily, "Sirius mentioned a map."

"He said cap."

"What?"

"What?"

They stared at each other for a moment, waiting for the other to speak. Finally Sirius broke the silence.

"We're gonna... er... head to our room now... so..." he said while inching backwards down a hallway.

"Wait," said Lily, "there's one more thing I need to tell you."

"I love you, too, Evans, but we should really be getting to our rooms..." said James and for the tenth time his hand shot to his hair to mess it up some more.

"You're impossible, Potter! I was not going to say that!" yelled Lily.

"Alright, Evans! Don't get your knickers in a bundle..." said Sirius.

Lily glared at the two and crossed her arms. So far, they were ruining her vacation.

"I wanted to tell you that my friends are Muggles, so it would be best to not mention magic or Hogwarts around them."

"Of course, Lily dear," said James. "See you at the hot tub!" He and Sirius headed to their rooms and Lily decided to go and catch up with her friends.

The hot tub was located on a balcony and lily found her friends splashing around and having a good time. She jumped in and instantly relaxed when she hit the boiling water. Hogwarts should get a hot tub, thought Lily, but internally slapped herself for letting her mind wander back to the magical world. I'm having a Muggle holiday.

"So, Lily," began Jill, "tell us about James and Sirius!"

Lily rolled her eyes. She didn't want to have to think about the boys at the moment.

"I hate them," was all she said.

"Well, you already told us that..." said Bess.

"Sirius is really cute!" said Cassie.

"James, too," added Jill.

Lily couldn't take it anymore. She hoped that once they got to know the Gryffindor boys, they would see that they were just a couple of show-offs who are both far too arrogant for their own good. Maybe, they would come to hate James and Sirius as much as she did...

"Are you guys going out?" asked Bess.

"What?! NO! Of course not!" said Lily, appalled that her friend would even think such a thing.

"Well, he did call you 'Lilykins' and he kept winking at you--"

"No!" Lily yelled. "He's just been trying to ask me out since fourth year and..."

"Fourth year?" asked Cassie. "And you've turned him down all this time?"

"And he's still trying?" cut in Jill.

"Yeah, and it's bloody annoying," said Lily.

Their conversation was rudely interrupted as James and Sirius cannon-balled into the little hot tub, sending the water rushing onto the floor.

"Hello, ladies," said Sirius after he had emerged from under the water. "Lovely day for a swim!"

Snow flurries were dancing through the air and floating to the ground, occasionally landing atop someone's head. The warm water made the teenagers forget that the air was brisk and they could see their breath. James had made his way next to Lily and was now attempting to put his arm around her. She gave him the fiercest glare she could muster until he removed his arm from her shoulder.

Sirius was talking with Jill and Bess and Cassie had begun talking with James.

"Wow, you must work out a lot!" she said, glancing down at James' six-pack. Lily rolled her eyes but couldn't stop herself from looking at James' abs, too. He really does work out Lily thought, but she quickly looked away and shook the thought from her mind.

"Well, I do play Quid--" James started, but Lily cut him off.

"Football!" said Lily, hoping Cassie wouldn't suspect anything. "He's the goalie."

James had realized his mistake and was silently apologizing to Lily behind Cassie. She would really have to be careful with James and Sirius because they both came from Pureblood families and knew very little about Muggle culture.

After a while, Lily and the others noticed that they were turning into prunes and Bess found the sign that stated: Limit your soak to fifteen minutes. Glancing down at her watch, Lily found that they were thirty minutes over the suggested time.

Sirius was the first to leave the tub.

"I'm gonna take a nice, long shower," he said and James hopped out as well. "Will we see you ladies at dinner?"

Before Lily could say anything, her friends were already suggesting restaurants in the neighborhood.

"How about the Christophe Brazier Buffet?" asked James and everyone agreed.

As Lily watched the boys leave, she thought to herself, Maybe this won't be such a bad vacation after all... maybe.
Chapter Endnotes: Thanks for reading and please leave a review!