Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Snowflakes by The_Dream_Team

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Hello everybody and I hope you enjoy this chapter!
Lily and her friends were quickly getting ready in their rooms. Lily hadn't exactly expected to go out to dinner, so the nicest things she had packed were some jeans and a sweater. She threw on the clothes and went out to meet her friends. Jill was wearing a skirt and Bess had packed a dress. Cassie, like Lily, was wearing jeans and a jacket.

Lily wasn't sure how going to dinner with James and Sirius was going to be and she had to admit, she was a bit nervous. She hoped that James wouldn't try anything stupid tonight. The girls left their room and headed down to the buffet. As they turned down a hall, they came across James, who was wearing jeans and a shirt, and Sirius, who was sporting navy blue wizard robes.

Lily couldn't stop herself from snorting. Sirius was quite a sight to be seen. James quickly turned when he heard Lily and flashed her a grin.

"What's so funny?" Sirius asked.

"You look like an idiot!" said James as he slapped Sirius' arm. Sirius glared at him and hit him back. Jill and Bess were still laughing at Sirius' outfit and Cassie was trying to contain her giggles.

"You're the ones who look like bloody fools," said Sirius. "Come on, let just go eat." Lily heard him mumble, "Stupid Muggles," as he went passed her and down the hallway.

"Is there something wrong with him?" asked Bess. Lily just laughed.

The others followed him to the Dining Hall, where they saw a large table full of food. Sirius' eyes widened as he saw the mounds of meat, bread, and soup. He almost knocked an old Muggle woman over in his mad dash to the food.

The food tasted fantastic and Lily found herself getting seconds of vegetable soup. Everyone talked about sports and television shows that Lily was sure neither James or Sirius had a clue about. It was actually quite amusing seeing Potter and Black trying to nod along with equally confused looks on both their faces.

Everything was going fine before James unexpectedly took Lily's hand in his. His hand was smooth and warm, but Lily was to furious to care.

"Potter!" she said, slapping him with her free hand. He automatically released her hand and gave her a sideways smile.

"Sorry," he told her, "couldn't help myself...." Sirius shrugged his shoulders and went back to talking with Jill.

I guess I can't even have a meal sitting next to Potter without having him make a move on me, Lily thought. How hard was it for him to understand that she was not interested? This was exactly the kind of behavior that she was afraid of. Lily thought back to the many times that James had proposed during meals at Hogwarts. What would her friends think?

"So," said Cassie once everyone had gotten dessert, what school do you guys go to?"

Lily froze. Her friends had never really brought up Lily's education. James and Sirius were unsure what to say, so Lily stepped in, thinking fast.

"We go to Hogwarts," Lily stated cautiously and she saw the boys' eyes widening. "It's a school for the fine arts."

Across the table, Sirius spit out his water in surprise. James' mouth was hanging open as though he was going to say something, but no words came out. Lily just smiled sweetly at her friends as if she hadn't even noticed the boys' reactions.

"Oh, I didn't know you went to an art school!" said Jill.

"Neither did I," James muttered so only Lily could hear. She smirked at him and went back to her friend.

"Oh, yes," Lily told Jill, "I've been studying painting for about two years now. Sirius, over here, does theater. That's where he got that outfit he's wearing."

James was now laughing into his napkin and Sirius had a look of disgust and hatred on his face. It looked, to Lily, that he was resisting the strong urge to punch her in the nose. She knew that look, for it was the look she gave James Potter almost daily back at school.

"And what do you study, James?" asked Cassie.

"I... um... well, I study..." James stuttered. He looked to Lily for help. Bad idea, Potter.

"Potter is into ballet," said Lily matter-of-factly.

"He looks dashing in tights," added Sirius with a grin before James could protest.

"I DON"T DANCE!" shouted James who was now a brilliant shade of dark pink. He crossed his arms and sunk into his chair as Lily's friends giggled.

"Come off it, guys," said Lily. She decided to give James something better to study. The image of him in a leotard was too much to bear. "He really takes a photography class."

"Thank you," James mouthed after giving a sigh of relief.

"And you're on the football team, James?" asked Jill.

"They aren't very good, though," Sirius butted in. "They've only beaten one other team: St. Dementors."

"St. Dementors?"

"It's the insane asylum a few blocks down."

"You play them?"

James began chocking on his ice cream, so Lily hit him hard on the back. Tears were welling up in his eyes from laughing so hard. Dinner was proving to be quite a bit of fun.

By the end of the night, every one ate so much that Lily felt as though she was never going to be able to eat again. Lily, Cassie, Bess, Jill, James, and Sirius said goodnight and headed off towards there own rooms.

"Does he always look at you that way?" asked Cassie once they were in there rooms.

"Who, Potter?"

"Of course!"

"What way do you mean?"

"You know, he looks at you as though you're the most perfect girl in the world," she shrugged and headed into her bedroom. "G'night Lils."

"NIght," said Lily softly. She laid down on her bed and reached over to turn off the lamp.

"The most perfect girl in the world?" Lily whispered to herself, a smile on her face, before closing her eyes and drifting to sleep.
Chapter Endnotes: Thanks for reviewing and please leave a review!