Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Talking in the Ministry by ron lover

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

Thank you to my wonderful beta Sagen. You are amazing.
“Don’t you think that we will be overheard?”

“Look around you. There is no one near us. Besides the people working for the Ministry are all Muggle loving idiots. They wouldn’t know if something was wrong if the Dark Lord came in there and killed half of them.”

“Lucius, they may be idiots, but the Weasleys aren’t. They would know what’s going on and they would turn us in to the Order.”

“Stop pacing around. You’re acting like a Muggle that has to pee. You’ll give us away. As for the Weasleys, the Muggle loving fool is in Diagon Alley with the rest of the Blood Traitors that he calls his family. The Mudblood and Potter are with him too.”

“Stop talking! I think I saw someone.”

“Put your hand down, you little fool. No one is there. You need to act normal.”

“Don’t get your want in a knot, Malfoy. I’m just making sure no one is listening in on us.”

“Don’t talk to me like that. I’m above you. I’m closer to the Dark Lord that you will ever hope to be.”

“You may be closer, but you need me. Without me, you can’t get in there and then you would fail your mission. If one of the Dark Lords most trusted servants fails a mission, what do you think will happen to said person? That person will suffer the Dark Lords wrath.”

“Don’t be so smug Macnair. I don’t need you for the mission. I have enough clearance here to get in without question. He just told you to come so you would have something to do.”

“The Dark Lord told me to come because he knows that you need me.”

“I don’t and won’t ever need you.”

“Fine then, you complete the mission without me. See if you get out of here in one piece. See if you go to Azkaban.”

“They wouldn’t arrest me.”

“You may have clearance in the Ministry, but not that much. I work here. I should know.”

“If you back down, then the Dark Lord will execute the executer. He won’t show any mercy.”

“Now it’s your turn not to be smug, Malfoy. I never said I was backing down.”

“Backing down or no backing down, it’s almost time.”

“Malfoy, it isn’t almost time. We still have a half an hour.”

“That isn’t much time to prepare. We need to work out the finer details.”

“Then let’s plan it, but first can we find a place to sit down? My legs are starting to get hurt.”

“Is that all you can thing about? We are about to do this with only two people. We need to plan this.”

“Why didn’t you do this before we came here? Wouldn’t that have been the wise thing to do?”

“We couldn’t have planed this earlier. We wouldn’t have known where the people are going to be when we get there.”

“But what if no one is in there when we get there? Then they will capture us and kill us or they will send us to Azkaban. If we get sent to Azkaban and we manage to escape, then we will have the Dark Lord to deal with, which will most likely result in our death. Which ever way it goes, the Ministry kills us or the Dark Lord kills us, I don’t like it. It doesn’t work out well for either of us. The odds aren’t in favor of us.”

“Are you backing out? I thought we already went through this. You’re the one who joined the Dark Lord. You signed up. You could have been a Muggle lover. You choose this. You have time to leave. You can abandon the Dark Lord. He doesn’t need a piece of shit like you. If you want to stay on the winning side and do your job without hesitation like a man, then be my guest.

“But if you want to leave, I’m not stopping you. Go, run, scamper away and stay with your job as an executioner. You won’t last a week. I’ll kill you myself and I will make you squirm like a little boy. You will wish you would have never been born. More importantly, you will wish that you stayed with the Dark Lord. You will come out victorious in every battle. You will not loose. You will be ruling over everyone on the opposing side. You can torture them if you want to. You can make them squirm like I will make you squirm if you back out. So what side are you on?”

“Lucius, how could think that of me? I’m on this side as much as you, if not more. I am not backing out nor will I ever. I’m here to stay on the Dark Lord’s side. I’m here to win.”

“Is that all you are here for? To win? Is that the only reason you are standing here with me? The Dark Lord won’t keep you around for that.”

“Of course not! I’m here because I believe in what he says. I believe that Purebloods are the superior race and that we should be acknowledged for it. There shouldn’t be any Mudbloods in the first place and I believe that Half bloods should be punished for what they are.

“If I was just here to win, then I would be dead already. The Dark Lord already knows of my intentions. He knows that I’m not here to win and he is the only one who needs to know.

“But the question is why do you want to know all of this? I don’t think it’s just to pass the time. Are you asking because you are hiding something? Is the great Lucius Malfoy hiding something?”

“I am not hiding anything. Don’t be so stupid. The Malfoy family is an old and noble family and we don’t lie with something as important as this. I don’t need to tell you why I joined the Dark Lord.”

“Just tell me. We have nothing better to do to pass the time.”

“I don’t have to tell you anything.”

“Just tell me.”

“Don’t be hasty, I’ll tell you if you stop annoying me. I too believe the Purebloods are the superior race. Everyone else, Muggles too, deserve to suffer. If they are a member of the silly little Order, then they deserve to die. The Dark Lord already has plans for them.”

“Do tell, do tell Malfoy. There’s no need to keep this to yourself.”

“Don’t try to coax things out of me. You aren’t clever enough to be subtle with it. What good are you to the Dark Lord if you can’t get any information out of anyone?”

“I have certain qualities that the Dark Lord likes.”

“And they would be?”

“I work in the Ministry. I can get in and out without raising suspicion. That is a quality that the Dark Lord needs.”

“Really, I thought that your quality was that you will tell anything to anyone if they ask you. That isn’t a quality that the Dark Lord needs. Let me tell you a little story of another person like you.

“During the first war, back when the Order was first starting and we had no idea who was in it, there was a man not unlike yourself. He was a fellow Death Eater whose name I forget. He wasn’t close to the Dark Lord, he was a pawn. He was replicable. There were others that could take his spot. One day, after he completed a small mission “ he wasn’t smart enough to do anything big “ he went to a pub to celebrate his achievement.

“He started to take a sip of the drink when a pretty girl came in. He went to sit next to her to chat her up. He told her why he was celebrating. His words were, “I just finished a mission for the Dark Lord. We now have the information we need for the attack. All fifty-two of us will be there.” He told her our numbers and gave away what one of the missions was. He didn’t even have a full Firewhiskey and he told her our plans. The worst part was she was a member of the Order.

“Other Death Eaters were there on a mission and he pointed them out. One of them got away in time to alert other people. but the other one wasn’t so lucky. He got put in Azkaban. As for the guy who sold them out, well let’s just say that the Dark Lord took care of him.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“Because I’m trying to save myself. If you start blabbing to everyone what we are about to do, them I have to go down with you. I don’t intend on doing that.”

“But no one is around us. We are in a deserted hall in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts department. There is no one near us. This is the least used hall in the entire Ministry.”

“That may be true, but you never know if someone is watching us or listening in on us. If they were, it would be dire consequences for us.”

“Did you hear what I just said? No one is around us. It’s lunch time. They are all out eating. Do you think we could take a break and get some food? I’m getting hungry.”

“Get your hand off your stomach. You don’t need anymore food; you had enough in your lifetime. And it may be lunch time, but someone could be listening on one us. I don’t see how you can’t grasp this concept.”

“Oh, I get it but I like seeing you mad. You make the best face. It’s just like the one you are making now.”

“I would suggest that you stop talking if you know what’s best for you.”

“I can say whatever I want. I’m not scared of you. You won’t do anything because you need me, so I’m free to say what I want. Your wife Narcissa is a bitch. The only thing she is good for is keeping your bed warm. And don’t even get me started on your son. He’s a pansy. He was scared to get the Mark. He isn’t grateful to be in the Dark Lords ranks. He can’t do anything at all. He should’ve been in Gryff-”

“Don’t even start on my family. Let’s talk about your family. Oh wait, you don’t have one. You don’t have a wife or a son, so don’t talk about mine.”

“Let go of me, you’re choking me.”

“I know that. That’s why my hand is on your throat and I’m shoved you at the wall. Will you stop disrespecting my family now? Don’t nod. I want you to speak.”

“Yes.”

“Very well then. If you ever say anything about my family that is anything less than a complement, I will do more than choke you next time.”

“I understand, Mr. Malfoy.”

“Let’s move on. Lunch break is almost over. When need to get the final details down. Who’s going to go in first?”

“You can go in first, but I have a question. Why would the Dark Lord use his last ties at the Ministry? Once we do this, then he won’t have anyone on the inside.”

“You don’t know that. Do you even know all the people in the Dark Lords ranks?”

“I don’t know. Are you saying that there are other spies in the Ministry?”

“I can’t tell you.”

“Fine. We only have two minutes to go. Are you ready?”

“Of course I’m ready. I’ve been ready for the last half hour. The sooner I get this done, the sooner you will be out of my presence.”

“You don’t need to be so harsh, Malfoy. At least no one overheard us.”

“It doesn’t matter now. Let’s go.”

“After you, Malfoy.”
Chapter Endnotes: A/N I would love it if you could give me a review. It would make my day.