Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love, Betrayal, and Disappearing Acts by Frankie Guida

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A very uneasy feeling came over Harry as he heard footsteps off in the distance. It sounded as if there was someone running towards them, getting closer and closer by the second. Whoever was running was panting heavily. Aside from panting, they were making several fearful noises as if running away from somebody; as if someone was running after them. Harry was trembling, afraid of whom the person might be.

Harry didn’t even know where they were. All he could see were trees in every direction. How did we get here?, Harry wondered to himself. He couldn’t remember much, but it wasn’t of the utmost importance at this time. It was night time and there was a full moon, making it easy to see in the dark. Hermione, who was standing right beside him looked confused and scared. He was desperately trying not to show it in front of Hermione, who Harry could tell had heard the footsteps too. She was also trembling and letting her see that he was scared too, would not make her feel any better.

“Hermione,“ Harry started, taking hold of her hand. “It’s okay, don’t worry. I’m sure it’s... it's nothing.” He had lied, but he couldn’t bear to see her like this. Obviously Hermione had been shaken by the recent events. She hadn’t been her usual self lately. Suddenly, Hermione looked up at Harry.

"Harry!" Hermione whispered, her hair blowing behind her in the cool wind. She was terrified. He had the feeling she was trying to tell him something, but before she could say anything, Harry looked around and realised the footsteps they heard earlier had stopped. Fear leapt through him as questions popped into his head. 'Why did they stop running? Did their predator find what they were looking for? If so, why were they looking for them?' All of these thoughts had Harry so preoccupied, he didn't notice the screaming that was going on not so far away.

"No! What’re you…? No! G-Get away from me! Ahh!"

At the sound of the screaming, Hermione quickly pulled her hand away. Harry's heart sunk at the loss of contact. He quickly grabbed Hermione’s hand back, noticing she was crying heavily and he had a feeling he knew why. The voice screaming sounded very familiar. But he couldn’t put his finger on it. Still holding Harry's hand, she started running, pulling him forcefully along with her. 'Why are we running? Where is she taking me? Had she figured out who was being captured?' She was running very fast and Harry could hardly keep up even thought she was holding his hand in a vice grip.
"Hermione!" he panted, still being pulled along violently. "Hermione, can you please...?" But, he couldn’t stop her; she was moving too fast for him and every time he tried to stop her she would pull harder. Suddenly, Harry was pulled to the ground as Hermione gasped and ducked, trying to protect them from the violent curses being shot at them. What was going on? Why had the screaming stopped? As Harry looked up he saw Bellatrix Lestrange with a big bag lying on the floor next to her.

"Stupefy!" Hermione screamed, pointing her wand at Bellatrix. Bellatrix shot the curse back at Hermione, who went flying into the air. She landed with a soft thud about five feet away from Harry. Bellatrix snickered at Harry, looking amused.

"What a stupid, filthy, Mudblood! HA! Oh, and look what I have here," she said mockingly, kicking the bag lying next to her forcefully. She bent down, untying the bag. “Bet you want to know what's in it, do you?" As she pulled the bag off the unconscious body lying in it, Hermione scrambled up to Harry to get a better look. Harry noticed several scratches on her face and arms, but was relieved to know she wasn't too hurt. He had a very strong feeling that he would need her help now.

Both of their eyes were fixed on the still body lying on the ground next to the Death Eater. As she pulled the last of the bag away from the body's face, both Harry and Hermione shouted at the same time. "Expelliarmus!"

Right before their spells hit Bellatrix, both she and her prey had disappeared, leaving only the bag behind. With tears running down their faces from the shock and fear, Hermione swore and ran up to the bag.

"I shouldn't have just stood there like that! Damn!" screamed Harry, blaming himself. He looked over at Hermione, who was just looking down at the bag, quiet and still. Harry got up and sat next to her.

"Now...gone," she cried, trying to talk, as Harry put his arms around her, "-again!" She turned around and cried, cold tears falling onto Harry's t-shirt making the night seem colder then it was.

As the cold wind blew past them Harry gazed down at the bag, pulling it closer. He looked inside it and found nothing but hair - nothing but a single strand of red hair.

Suddenly, Harry could hear the low, but continuous noise of a train riding the railroad tracks. Not sure what was going on, Harry lifted his head off a window he had been leaning on, wiping the sweat of off his face and neck. He looked up nervously, to find he was sitting in a compartment of the Hogwarts Express, with Ron and Hermione. Hermione was reading a big, hardcover book very intently, obviously not noticing Harry was awake. Ron was in a deep sleep, snoring annoying loud. Hermione gave Harry a quick smile, now noticing he was awake and returned to her book. Just a dream -it was just a dream.