Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Difference You Made by Padfoot Patronus

Printer
Summary: All accomplished men like Dad share something in common – they are looked down, degraded, criticised for everything they say or do, right or wrong, and they take all of that in, patiently, uncharacteristically. Somewhere in those decades, the same society gives up on them, awards them with a pedestal of hero-ship and an immunity from all things used to roughen them up in a past life. People like Dad never again stand on the common ground like the rest of us.

Albus Potter reflects over past and present upon his father’s death. My impression of Harry Potter in later years – a hero of sort and so much more.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Mild Profanity
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 3844 Viewcount: 2341
Published on: 08/15/09 Updated On: 08/23/09





1. Chapter 1 by Padfoot Patronus [ - ] (3844 words)
The title for this story is borrowed with thanks from the Title Library at the forums; credit for it goes to laceymoibella. This is my first work in the last eighteen months, so yes, you can say my writing was going through a recession. Question now is how well it recovered. Huge thanks to Azhure for her beta job. Much appreciated. Finally and most importantly, a thank you owed to AurorKeefy for letting me borrow his quote.

*