Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ginny's Love by The Marauder

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: Jo's lovely characters, not mine...

A/N: The way the story works is, you see the scene from one of their point of views, and then from the other's. This way you get to see what they're really thinking behind their words/actions...alright, on to the story, thanks for reading!


*Harry's POV*

Harry,
If you’re reading this then yes I have passed on. As soon as the Order started back up I knew that there was a possibility this would happen, but like I tried to explain…there are some things that are worth dieing for. Our cause, stopping Voldemort, protecting you…Harry I understand how hard this must be for you, first your parents then me and I don’t know who else may have been lost since I wrote this, but you have to know I would do it all again, you, Harry, are worth it. I love you so much and I am so proud of everything you have accomplished already in your life. I have faith in you. I know the journey to defeat Voldemort will be difficult, your destiny Harry is not an easy one, but this task was appointed to you for a reason, because you alone can handle it, you alone can and will succeed. When you are ready to quit, when all hope seems lost, think of me Harry; know I am with you always and have faith in yourself.

Sirius


Harry brushed away a tear and looked up at Ginny. She smiled reassuringly and turned to leave but he reached up and gently held her hand,

“Thank you,” he whispered. She sat next to him without a word and he was comforted. Somehow she had a calming power over him. No words were necessary, she understood him and he her; simply being in her presence was a great relief. They remained silent and still until they could hear Mrs. Weasley coming up the stairs to call them to dinner. They both stood up and Harry wiped his face one last time in the hopes that no one would be able to tell he had been crying “ he couldn’t stand anymore pity faces. He started to leave but Ginny spontaneously pulled him in for a tight a hug and then left for dinner. Harry paused, surprised, but pleased. He gave a half smile…and he felt the least depressed he had felt, other than leaving the Dursley’s, since the Department of Mysteries nearly two months ago, in fact, he nearly felt…happy.

*Ginny's POV*

Ginny plopped down on a newly dusted chair, exhausted but satisfied with the result. She had just spent the past five hours in Sirius’ old bedroom trying to tidy up. No one had asked her to, but she felt that somehow doing this for him was respectful, that he would appreciate it, for some reason a small voice in the back of her head had insisted he wanted her to…she couldn’t explain it. Oh well. She was almost done, all that was left were a few drawers in the desk. She pulled out piles of old, yellowing parchment, much more than she would have expected such a small drawer to be able to hold. She looked at them absentmindedly as she picked them up, but a small one caught her eye. It was folded tightly and fastened with Sirius’ seal. In long, scrawled purple letters said one word. Harry. She couldn’t imagine what it could be, but knew immediately she had to show him.

Anxiously she walked slowly to his door, which loomed forebodingly. She started to knock, then thought better and pressed her ear against the door, straining to hear what he was doing. It was silent. Well, at least he wasn’t crying…that was a good sign these days. She took a deep breath and knocked. No answer.

“Harry I found something I really think you’ll want to see.”

Silence.

“It’s from Sirius, it loo--” but he was already unlocking the door and she grinned shyly and walked in, “I found it while I was cleaning out his desk. It’s for you.”
He looked at her apprehensively then took the letter, holding it delicately in both hands as if it would fall apart if he wasn’t careful. He sat on his bed and gingerly traced his finger along the letters of his name. Delicately he turned it over, opened the seal, and pulled out the letter. Ginny watched him, her heartstrings pulling in all directions as she imagined his must be. She thought she ought to go, but couldn’t make her feet move. She was entranced at the sight of him; it was the first time she’d laid eyes on him in days. He kept to his room most of the time, and she missed his presence immensely. He looked pale and a bit thinner, but his eyes were on fire, eagerly reading everything Sirius had to say. As he finished the short note she saw a tear run down his cheek and smiling sadly decided he really did need time to ponder over what he had just received, but a tingle went down her spine as she turned and he reached up and caught her hand.

“Thank you,” his voice was raspy as he tried to stay composed.

She sat down next to him; somehow she knew exactly what he was feeling and she thought her heart would burst it was throbbing so. How she wanted to tell him all that she felt. She had thought she was over her school girl crush, but after she had berated him for forgetting that she alone could understand his connection with Voldemort the summer after fourth year, after a year of seeing him every day in the common room “ being close enough to speak, but too confused to find the words, after watching him gain confidence in DA meetings, and after the way he looked when he saw her hurt, and then saw Sirius fall…

Her thoughts were interrupted as her mom called them to dinner. Harry stood up trying to erase the evidence of his tears and as he began to leave she acted without thinking and hugged him, willing him to feel the warmth of all her love. She stopped once her mind caught up to her body and released him blushing profusely, stupid Ginny!, and hurried down for dinner.




A/N: Ok guys I know you want people to review your stories, so please give me 5 seconds of your time and do the same courtesy for me. The only way i know if you want to read more is if you review! Thanks!