Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ginny's Love by The Marauder

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Alright—I was worried about this chapter because – to warn you - it is probably my most repetitive chapter, but my Beta loved it and she said she wouldn’t change it because it worked with what I wrote, so I hope you all feel the same!

* *Ginny’s POV* *

“Good morning. We’ve been expecting you,” said Hermione coolly. Neither Harry nor Ginny moved as Hermione stood slowly, followed by Ron. They exchanged a nervous glance as Hermione smirked at them. Suddenly her whole attitude changed from cold to sly. “So what did you two get up to last night? Did you have any fun?”

Ginny stared at her friend in amazement. Huh?

“Wouldn’t the better question be, did you two have fun?” asked Harry cautiously.

Hermione shrugged nonchalantly. “Oh yes, it was amusing, I suppose.”

Ginny could still only gape at her friend. What? Amusing?! Did it really not work?! “Erm…” she murmured at a loss for words, “so you don’t want to tell us anything about…um...last night?”

Hermione looked at her pointedly. “What’s to tell? You planned the whole thing, so you should know, right?”

Ginny blushed and looked down abashedly. They’re angry. “Um yeah…I guess.” She turned to look at Harry for help, but he was watching Hermione as if unsure she was really the girl he knew at all. “Look we’re sorry we tricked you…”

Hermione stared at her indifferently.

“We were just trying to help...” added Harry.

“Well, we were a little annoyed at first. I mean, it was really awful to lock us in here, think of all the homework time I missed!” scolded Hermione.

“Sorry…” whispered Ginny. She hadn’t been expecting this at all…

Hermione continued as if anxious to finish her thought, “You know it’s lucky I finished my Arithmancy essay, what if I hadn’t and had failed a huge mark? How would you…sleep…with that on your conscience, hmm?”

“Really sorry Hermione, but it is Saturday, so I mean…” she stopped as caught the end of what Hermione had said. Was tha—Did she do that on purpose? Does she know? She looked at her friend worriedly, but Hermione’s face was a blank. She turned frantically to Harry to see if he’d caught it, but couldn’t read his face either.

“But, oh well, it was all fun and games I suppose. No harm no foul, right?” suggested Hermione.

Right…all fun and games, only giving you the perfect opportunity you’ve been waiting four years for… What did she do? Honestly!

“Erm…right,” muttered Ginny.

“Actually, to be honest, we were surprised you didn’t come and find us last night – thought your curiosity would have gotten the better of you. By the way…why…didn’t you?”

Ron made a strangled noise in his throat, and as Ginny looked at him all sorts of thoughts came rushing to her. Why on earth won’t they say anything about last night? Ron’s been awful quiet, why isn’t he yelling at us yet? Wait a minute… He looked at the ground, trying to hide his red face. Suddenly it hit her: Why aren’t they still in their formal clothes in the garden, in fact, how was the door unlocked if they didn’t…


* *Harry’s POV* *

“Good morning. We’ve been expecting you,” said Hermione frostily. Harry gulped and looked down at Ginny apprehensively. After an awkward silence she continued, “So what did you two get up to last night? Did you have any fun?”

Harry gaped at her. This isn’t the Hermione I know. He looked at Ron, but his friend was looking determinedly at the ground. And why is she asking about us? What the bloody hell happened to them?

“Wouldn’t the better question be, did you two have fun?”

Hermione glanced at him carelessly. “Oh yes, it was amusing, I suppose.”

Amusing? It was bloody amusing? His mouth gaped open, and before he could say anything Ginny muttered, “Erm… So you don’t want to tell us anything about…um...last night?”

“What’s to tell? You planned the whole thing, so you should know, right?”

Oh Merlin, she’s bitter about being tricked. Honestly, I mean I know she’s wanted this at least as long as him!

“Um yeah…I guess,” mumbled Ginny. He could feel Ginny’s pleading eyes on him, but couldn’t seem to peel his own from Hermione. Something’s…not right here.

Ginny took a deep breath. “Look we’re sorry we tricked you…”

Hermione didn’t move.

Ginny looked like she was nearly on the verge of tears, her plan apparently failing so miserably, and as Harry noticed this he finally spoke up, “We were just trying to help...”

Hermione turned on him. “Well, we were a little annoyed at first. I mean, it was really awful to lock us in here, think of all the homework time I missed!”

Homework time? Bloody hell Hermione, its Saturday! …even you wouldn’t fuss about that at a time like this…

“Sorry…” said Ginny sadly.

Harry noticed how quickly Hermione picked up the thread of her thought, eager to say whatever she had planned, “You know it’s lucky I finished my Arithmancy essay, what if I hadn’t and had failed a huge mark? How would you…sleep…with that on your conscience, hmm?”

Hermione’s emphasis in that last remark caught his attention. He looked at her quickly and saw a sparkle in her eye for a second before it disappeared and her face became a blank. The conversation was lost on him for a minute as he had a debate with himself…

She knows.

She couldn’t.

Hermione is scary sometimes, who knows how she does it, but she always knows.

She just magically knows you spent the night holding Ginny?


“Actually, to be honest, we were surprised you didn’t come and find us last night – thought your curiosity would have gotten the better of you. By the way…why…didn’t you?”

Yeah…she know..

Ron stepped forward and the hands they had been holding came into view. Harry met eyes with Hermione smiling and she winked at him. And it bloody well did work! He looked at Ginny grinning slightly, but she was staring distractedly at Ron, deeply immersed in her thoughts, while he seemed to be having a hard time controlling the laughter, which was now threatening to spill out.

Suddenly Ginny cried out, “Oh, you two are awful!” and Ron guffawed loudly, letting the laughter that he had been holding in roll out. Ginny was blushing both with anger and embarrassment at being tricked. Harry gazed at her remembering last night and this morning and how adorable she was, and laughed appreciatively to himself at her sweetness as she let out a cry of glee and before anyone could react, rushed at Hermione embracing her tightly. Hermione blushed, and then grinning uncontrollably hugged her friend back. Finally releasing Hermione she turned to Ron, slugging him on the shoulder. “That was dreadful, we were so worried!” Hermione smiled, snuggling tightly into the crook between Ron’s arms.

This of course reminded him again of holding Ginny. As he looked at the new happy couple and as his eyes reached Ron’s, they seemed to be waiting for Harry’s and the redhead smirked knowingly. Bloody hell, not him too! Ron started to open his mouth, but Harry walked over quickly smiling and cut him off, “Okay, okay, you got us…” Ron closed his mouth and they smiled smugly, “But I think our trick was better…”

“No argument there mate,” said Ron holding Hermione as they all laughed heartily.




I hope you liked it and I hope it wasn’t too repetitive.

To answer your questions, there are two remaining chapters, making it twelve total, and they are split POV but there’s hardly any repetition.

Don’t be a stranger, please leave me a review and I'll post 11 quick!

And as always, for updates email me at themarauderfanfics@yahoo.com (don’t forget to mention which story!)

Thanks guys!