Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ginny's Love by The Marauder

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
* *Harry’s POV* *

He didn’t remember walking through the woods, opening the secret entrance, or even climbing down the cliff; but there he was, sitting against the tree in his favorite refuge. He allowed himself to be hypnotized by the sound of water crashing on water as he looked up to the stars above him. His eyes raced across the sky as he searched, and then finally rested on their target as he blinked rapidly and smiled.

“Hello Sirius.” He sighed heavily as he gazed appreciatively at the bright star. He had searched for it nearly every night after Ginny told him, refusing to allow himself to lose it. “What am I supposed to do? I don’t…I don’t know what to do, what to say…” he murmured.

It was Christmas break, and his feelings for Ginny had, though he couldn’t understand it, increased ten-fold. She no longer simply occupied most of his thoughts: she was the star of his every dream. Every movement, every smile, every laugh sent his heart leaping into his throat and whenever he was away from her, he wished only to be with her. Their relationship had been somewhat awkward lately.

After the first time she had brought him to this safe haven he had felt so close to her; comfortable as if he could tell her anything, and bonded together as if she understood him. And once they had successfully set up Ron and Hermione, they had spent even more time together as the new couple often wanted time alone. But now that he was aware of how much he adored her, he didn’t know how to act.

She seemed different too, as if she were cautious every time they spoke. She had opened up to him, but it was always as if there was a small part of herself she concealed; a secret she held close within her heart where he couldn’t reach. He loved every part of her soul, and wished she would be able to share it all with him...

Love? No, I didn’t mean…I just…he sighed. He had been avoiding it for months now, but he knew it wouldn’t help to deny it any longer. He leaned his head back against the tree and looked back up at the star resignedly.

“I love her, Sirius.”

He closed his eyes. After meeting her on the Quidditch field months ago, he had promised himself that he would tell her how he felt. Even if she didn’t return the feelings, as he was sure she wouldn’t, she had to know. It was now Christmas time, and he still had not worked up the courage. Yet, he knew it had to be done. There are some secrets so magical, and so wonderful, that one heart alone cannot contain them. A love so pure has to be shared, for only when it is joined with its true match, can one really live.

Harry was so absorbed in his musings that he didn’t notice he was not alone until he felt her soft, warm skin brush against his.

* *Ginny’s POV* *

Every morning she promised herself she would keep power over her heart, and every night it was in charge. It controlled every thought, every wish. Her love for Harry was now more powerful than she could handle, and it seemed to reach out to him, no matter how hard she tried to contain it.

She followed him with her eyes as Harry stood up quietly and stealthily left the living room, the rest of the occupants remained oblivious to his absence.

Read your book “ let him go.

She waited a minute and then stood cautiously and moved to the window, where she watched as he entered the woods.

He’s just going to the waterfall. Leave him be.

She walked back to the living room and picked up her book, staring at the strange symbols in front of her, though she could make no sense of them. She rolled her eyes after a while in frustration, and strode purposefully out to the backyard.

Okay, just get some fresh air, smell the flowers…and go to bed.

She paused by the flowerbed, and then as she started to head back inside turned around suddenly and determinedly headed to the woods. She stopped briefly when she reached the brook.

He wants to be alone Ginny, don’t go and bother him.

Her legs started moving again and soon she reached the tree and pulled out her wand.

Don’t say it. Turn around. Go back.

“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good,” her voice whispered, though she couldn’t remember telling it to do so.

Ginevra “ don’t…go…in.

She stood frozen, and then raising her chin a little higher, entered the hidden area. She slipped silently out of the water and took a long, shaky breath as she saw him below, with his eyes closed, leaning against the tree peacefully.

Fine, I give up. Go talk to him, but please don’t do anything stupid…

As she sat carefully next to him he opened his eyes confused, and then meeting hers they widened in surprise as he gave her a lopsided smile.

“Hey Gin,” he said, his voice raspy.

“Hi,” she whispered with a shy smile.

Both sat silently, and Ginny tried to once again control her actions, but it seemed her heart was in charge, for good. She finally opened her mouth to speak, but Harry was quicker.

“This place is so amazing. It’s “ it’s like it draws me to it. You know?” she nodded slowly. He pursued his lips for a moment thinking, and then gestured to the star, “I find him every night now…it helps, what you said, knowing he’s close. It’s like I can really see him when I need him.” He licked his lips and turned to face her, his voice shaking slightly, “Ginny, I don’t think you have any idea what you’ve done for me this year. If you hadn’t been there to talk to me, to help me through it…I don’t think I could have survived. Honestly, I owe you more than I could ever repay you.”

Ginny took his hand in hers and shook her head, “That’s what friends are for Harry, I’ll always be here for you.”

He swallowed and pressing his eyebrows together looking at the ground. He turned his face back to the stars and then spoke softly, his voice far away. “I know you will, and, I’ll always be here for you,” he sighed, “But the thing is Ginny, besides gaining you as such a great friend this year, I’ve gained something else as well.” He looked back at her and took a deep breath and laughed softly, “Do you…remember what happened the night we set Ron and Hermione up?”

Ginny’s eyes widened and she blinked quickly before smiling, “What do you mean?” she asked innocently, her heart pounding steadily harder and heavier.

He opened his mouth, then closed it smiling and looking at the ground, “You fell asleep on my shoulder, and then I fell asleep as well…” he looked up grinning at the memory and Ginny was at a loss for words, her fake smile faltering.

“Oh, um. I’m…sorry, Harry.” she laughed nervously, but he shook his head and bit his lip.

“No…that’s not what I”“he sighed again, “What I’m trying to say is, I woke up holding you in my arms, and since then…I’ve wished I’d never let go.”

Ginny could only gape at him.

“Wh-what?” she stuttered.

His smile slowly faded and his face became serious. With his free hand he brushed the loose strands from her face, and her heart felt ready to burst at his touch as his hand gently caressed her face.

“Ginny, I’ve fallen in love with you.”

She still couldn’t answer and looked at the ground next to him, breathing heavily and shaking as he continued quickly. “I’m sorry, I know you don’t feel the same, but the truth is…it doesn’t matter,” he whispered, “I swore to myself I would tell you,” he shrugged. “I hope this doesn’t make things awkward between us, or change what we have “ I don’t know what I’d do if we lost what we”“

He was cut off as Ginny swiftly leaned up and kissed him softly on the mouth. Though it only lasted a second, it was as if fireworks had been set off in their hearts.

Harry met her eyes, unaware of the shocked and confused smile playing on his lips, and it was Ginny’s turn to speak.

She smiled lovingly at him and took a deep breath, “Do you know why Andromeda’s story was my favorite?” she asked quietly. He blinked at the sound of her voice and then slowly shook his head, “Because after my first year, when you saved me...” She licked her lips and bit her bottom one, trying to hold back the tears the memory brought up.

She took another shaky breath, “When I was little and I heard the story of a beautiful princess being rescued, I of course always dreamed of being rescued by a handsome prince. I think every little girl probably does,” she laughed lightly, “But then I came to Hogwarts, and I actually was captured, and it was terrifying,” her voice had begun to quiver.

“And I didn’t think there was a prince coming to save me,” she whispered, “And then you showed up, and at the age of twelve defeated a basilisk, not to mention the sixteen-year-old Voldemort single-handedly to rescue me…” she looked at him proudly, “You saved my life, and I imagined I was Andromeda, and you were my Perseus…” her smile fell slowly, “but it turned out reality wasn’t a fairy tale after all, because… you hadn’t fallen in love with me.” She shrugged and continued to blink back the tears, “And… I hadn’t fallen in love with the hero,” she continued seriously.

Harry’s eyes seemed to hollow and he looked down hurt and confused, but Ginny lifted his chin with her hand and tilted her head to the side, “I fell in love with you Harry “ but not for being the hero, the boy-who-lived, or even for saving my life “ but for you, for everything you are.”

His eyes widened and she tilted her head back slightly, looking up to the stars smiling, before swallowing and meeting his eyes once again. “And, I knew you didn’t love me back, so I tried not to. Merlin knows I tried,” she laughed softly and stroked his face, “But there was no way I could stop loving you, because…you have always had my heart “ my whole heart, and I would never “ could never take it back.”

She looked down, silent tears caressing her cheeks, but before she could look back up her face was raised by his lips tenderly on hers. His hand cupped behind her neck, and her free hand rested gently on his chest. The kiss was soft, but passionate, and full of a love stronger than the world had seen in quite some time.

As they broke apart, Ginny melted into his eyes and rested her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her protectively, and closed his eyes smiling contentedly; still unable to quite comprehend what had just taken place.

Harry had never felt happier, and Ginny had never felt safer; and for this one night, Sirius seemed to outshine every star in the sky “ both could feel this love was meant to be.

As they admired the heroes in the heavens above, neither was aware that one day, wizards around the world would look to the stars for the great love story of the boy-who-lived and the girl-who-saved-him. A love so strong as to withstand the greatest evil the world had ever seen; a love that conquered the Dark Lord.




Well there you have it. I hope you enjoyed the story. Please leave me one final review if you've been reading this story -- I really would like your input!

Thank you so so much Stickm for betaing for me at the last minute -- you are so amazing!!!

Alright, time to plug for the rest of my stuff. Check out some of my one shots, Destined to Be is completed and I'm working on getting it all posted, I also have a new one-shot nearly completed so be on the lookout for that...

And I think that's all I have to say! Thanks for reading! Byebye!