Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ginny's Love by The Marauder

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
* *Harry's POV* *

That night there was one face he couldn’t get out of his mind. For the first time he wasn’t seeing Sirius fall, or even Voldemort or Bellatrix Lestrange laughing, all he could see was Ginny smiling at him reassuringly and the warmth in her caramel eyes filled his heart. Although he knew he needed rest, he also knew the shores of sleep were far away and decided to go down to the kitchen for a snack. The first couple weeks after Sirius fell he was in a daze and the idea of eating never crossed his mind, lately it seemed he was making up for his weeks of fasting and was constantly hungry. He was craving a nice tall glass of milk and the chocolate chip cookies he had smelled for hours. (Mrs. Weasley’s handiwork).

He plodded down the stairs and was surprised to see a light on. Looking in curiously he found none other than the girl whose face seemed etched permanently in his mind’s eye.

He gaped at her for a minute before catching himself, “Ginny?”

She spun around and looked at him in shock, “Harry! What are you doing up?”

“Couldn’t sleep, you?”

“Same, plus the smell of these cookies was driving me crazy. Did you have another nightmare about Sirius?”

Not exactly… “Er…yah, that was it.” She smiled apologetically, and he looked down embarrassed…what would she say if she knew what I was really thinking about? They munched silently for a while, both too tired to make casual conversation and too comfortable with silence to be bothered. Harry was trying all possible means not to just stare at Ginny. She was in comfortable pajama pants and a t-shirt, she had no make up on and her hair was mussy from laying in bed, and Harry couldn’t get over how naturally gorgeous she was. But I can’t, right? She’s over it…wow… he thought as he glanced up again, no! …crap!

The conflict in his head, however, was interrupted as Ginny stood up and broke the silence, “Well I ought to at least try to get some sleep. Mum’s talking about tackling the attic tomorrow…a bit dodgy I think, but she’s determined,” she smiled tiredly, “Night Harry.”

“Night Ginny.” He watched her delicate figure disappear up the stairs and then shook his head and munched on another cookie, musing silently. These days his mind was constantly chattering away and he was trying his best to understand everything it said, but his recent notice of Ginny had put him overboard. There were so many thoughts on his mind at once it was amazing they didn’t start floating out of his ears…he could just see the silver wisps like in Dumbledore’s penseive floating out of his ears and mouth and for the second time in the same day he smiled…a first.

* *Ginny's POV* *

Ginny tried laying on her back, her side, her stomach, and then she tried flipping her pillow. No good. Next her covers were uncomfortable and she was wrestling with them until she flung her arms and legs down and gave an exasperated sigh. It was useless. All she could think about was Harry’s face as he thanked her earlier that day. He’d stared deeply into her eyes and she was lost in an emerald sea of pain. Great, she thought, now not only am I confused but I’m depressed again as well. Frustrated with her own stupidity she marched down to the kitchen in a huff. Comfort Food. As she tried to eat away her miseries with her mom’s sinful chocolate chip cookies she heard someone sleepily stagger into the kitchen.

“Hermione? What are you doing up?” Apparently surprised to find someone else there Hermione just blinked at Ginny,

“Oh, well, I couldn’t sleep,” she paused, “and to be honest…I thought I’d come down here for some comfort food.” Ginny laughed disdainfully,

“Join the club.” Hermione gave her a knowing look,

“Harry.”

“…yup. Ron?”

Hermione sighed and nodded, “Boys!” they sighed together and then laughed quietly.

“So anything new, or is my git of a brother still mindlessly ignorant of how much he loves you?” Hermione tilted her head, and gave Ginny a we’ve been over this before! look,

“He doesn’t love me Ginny,” she continued even though Ginny was nodding her head earnestly, “…and that’s okay, it’s just…he doesn’t see me as anything more than his steadfast brain of a friend who will always help him with homework and ‘rant about SPEW’…he doesn’t see me as just…me…” she looked down sadly at her cookie and Ginny glanced sympathetically at her friend.

“Just…be patient. He’s a git…and a moron…and a bit uneven if you ask me…” she stopped joking when she caught Hermione’s expression, “but he does care for you, and sooner or later he’ll pluck up the courage. As hopeless as I usually think he is, he has a huge heart and it’ll be worth it…just give him time.” Hermione shook her head silently and the two girls tacitly enjoyed their cookies.

“What’s Harry done now?” asked Hermione as she suddenly noticed Ginny solemnly inhaling her treat.

“Nothing…I found a letter from Sirius to Harry this morning, so I actually made it in his room this time,” Hermione’s eyebrows raised in surprise.

“Well that’s quite an accomplishment, don’t you think?”

“I just wish I could do more…”

“Give him time Gin,” Hermione mocked. Ginny rolled her eyes,

“I know, I know! But it is different…you don’t have to watch Ron in pain…”

“No, but I care about Harry too and to see him feeling so alone kills me.”

“I know…sorry,” she mumbled. With an assuring smile Hermione stood up and embraced Ginny.

“He’ll get over this, not as quickly as anyone would like, but he will conquer it, he always does…just…be there for him when he’s ready for you, okay?” Ginny nodded and Hermione kissed her hand and passed the kiss to Ginny’s head. “Night.”

“Night…” Ginny sat in silence pondering how Harry could ever be himself again, and how on earth her mother could cook so well (she never could seem to) when suddenly she was surprised by a voice behind her.

“Ginny?” She spun around, almost falling off her chair as she realized the voice was not in her head but standing a few feet behind her.

“Harry! What are you doing up?” Stop blushing…stop blushing!

“Couldn’t sleep, you?” Harry took a seat across from her.

Well I couldn’t get you out of my head, and I was about to go bonkers so I opted for some comfort food… “Same, plus the smell of these cookies was driving me crazy. Did you have another nightmare about Sirius?” He looks so tired…and so alone…

“Er…yah, that was it,” looking at him sadly she decided, whatever it takes I’ll be there for him…whenever he’s ready, I’ll be there…Ginny ate her cookie in silence, glancing up at him as often as she thought she could get away with without being suspicious…she wished she could just hold him in her arms, take all his pain away…but not tonight…she thought…I’d better go before I do something stupid that I can’t take back…

“Well I ought to at least try to get some sleep. Mum’s talking about tackling the attic tomorrow…a bit dodgy I think, but she’s determined. Night Harry.”

“Night Ginny,” as soon as she was out of sight she slumped down on the steps and took a deep breath. ...whatever it takes…




A/N: I know nothin real exciting has happened yet but there will be lots more fun and more Hermione/Ron stuff coming! yay! plz review...it helps me to write ever so much faster! I could probably pull off another chapter tonight if i had the right inspiration.... ;o)