Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ginny's Love by The Marauder

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
* *Harry's POV* * The next morning as the sun touched Harry’s face he woke up gently, smiling slightly in his sleep. It was the first time since Sirius’ death that he had slept a whole night through without magic; he had slumbered peacefully as Ginny’s face danced across his dreams. He slowly opened his eyes greeting the morning, and sat up stretching on the edge of his bed. He hadn’t been out of his room in days he figured, well…other than last night, he remembered with a smile. Actually, he had lost count of his days spent as a hermit. Sometimes he would wake at random hours of the night and sneak out to the field behind the house, flying in circles on his Firebolt until the sun began to creep up and fear of being seen drove him back inside. This morning however, a sense of contentment flowed through his limbs and as he gingerly slipped his cold feet into his slippers, he stood up and slid his arms through his robe. He could hear the Weasleys and Hermione bustling around in the kitchen below, and with his determination set and a red head’s smile on his mind, he slowly opened the door and peeked around the corner. Alright, coast’s clear… he thought…now my legs have just got to get me there…down into the center of the eyes full of pity, faces full of concern, and a fake pleasantness that sent his stomach in tumbles. He slowly made his way down the stairs, avoiding the third one which creaked, and after what felt like an eternity he found himself standing at the bottom of the stairs as a dozen eyes turned in his direction. Ron stood there gawking, Mrs. Weasley’s mouth opened and closed as she tried to speak, Fred and George froze mid-action, apparently finding Harry more intriguing than their newest invention, and Hermione, being the first to react, suddenly rushed at him, giving him a bear hug and a mouthful of bushy hair. He held her a bit and then gently pulled away, finding tears in her eyes. He slowly looked around the room giving a sheepish half smile, and a slight nod as if to acquiesce to their silent questions…yes…he thought…I’m going to be okay… Abruptly at his sign of consent the room erupted in cries, “…Oh Harry, dear, thank Merlin you’re back…” “…mate we were so worried! Man, we thought you’d never come out…” “…Merlin he’s back…” “…we knew you’d come soon…” “…Oh Harry please don’t do that again…” Harry nodded his head and regularly gave a slight smile, while looking around for the one person who hadn’t attacked him yet. Ginny. Suddenly he spotted her. She was sitting quietly by the counter behind her delighted family and staring down shyly at her bagel; a small smile curved on her precious lips and a dimple imprinted on her glowing cheek. As Mrs. Weasley embraced him yet again, Ginny looked up and they met eyes for a second. She grinned timidly back at him and a simple understanding was formed between the two: an alliance against the evils of the world, the trials they had overcome and the distress they were yet to face. * *Ginny's POV* * As Ginny returned to her room she tried desperately to fall asleep but it was futile. No matter what she tried to think of, it always connected to Harry. Quidditch…Playing Quidditch…Harry playing Quidditch…No! Um…Hogwarts…ok…Gryffindor…good so far!...sitting in the common room…sitting in the common room with Harry…crap! It was useless. She rolled over and opened her eyes, looking at her roommate snoozing peacefully. Hermione’s mouth was curved up pleasantly, probably dreaming about Ron… Ron…Ron with Harry… Aaaaah…well, I suppose that was too easy of a connection to avoid! she thought angrily. Shaking her head she glanced back at her friend and pondered her predicament. Ron liked Hermione. Hermione liked Ron. Clearly both were too shy to make a move. Something had to be done…well, rather, she had to do something. As she racked her brain for ideas she must have fallen into a restless sleep, because as she blinked the sun was silently peeking from below the horizon. Thankful for any logical excuse to get up, she pulled herself out of bed, dressed, and tip-toed down the hall. She paused outside Harry’s door, and faintly heard the deep breathing of dreams. Satisfied she continued down to the kitchen. It was still very early, even Mrs. Weasley wasn’t up, and it gave her time to recall everything that had happened the day before. After waking up a bit more she remembered the plan she was creating as she fell asleep. It could work…it just needed to be fine-tuned a bit… Lost in her own mischievous world she didn’t realize how quickly the time had passed and soon the kitchen was bustling with Hermione and the rest of the Weasleys. Ron was the last to stumble down the stairs, scratching his head tiredly. Blinking his eyes he slowly took in the rest of the room, pausing as his eyes reached Hermione, who was sitting across the counter from Ginny, sipping orange juice and browsing the Daily Prophet. He unconsciously switched from scratching his head to smoothing his hair, and pulling at his shirt walked towards her, never moving his eyes. Ginny smiled to herself; perhaps this would give her a bit of…inspiration. He pulled out the stool and plopped onto it, scooting it a big closer to Hermione than really necessary. Hearing him she glanced up from her paper and her features instinctively perked up. “Morning Ron.” “Morning…” Both looked down at their hands awkwardly and Ginny smiled, unable to hide it. The two didn’t fight as much as they used to, both seemed to have realized they liked the other, and were more self-conscious than anything else. It was cute, and a great form of entertainment at times, but it was about time all their suffering was rewarded by finally coming together. Ron reached for the last piece of toast without looking up at the same time as Hermione, and as their hands brushed they both paused, considering for the slightest second simply grabbing the other’s hand; of course they resisted and blushing, mumbled in unison, “Sorry…go ahead…no…take it…” They laughed uncomfortably and finally Hermione picked up the toast, tore it in half and handed part of it to Ron. He smiled, and as the two became silent again Ginny drifted back off into her own world. Suddenly the hustle and bustle of the kitchen froze and Ginny was tugged back to reality. What?She thought, looking at those around her. Slowly she followed their eyes and as she saw him she blinked rapidly and looked down, hiding her blush. All of a sudden Hermione rushed at him and he embraced her back; then finally coming back to their senses the rest of the room broke out into welcomes. She closed her eyes and smiled, wishing in the tiniest corner of her heart that maybe…just maybe…I helped… but after comprehending what she had just thought, she scolded herself, so selfish Ginny! All that really matters is that he’s back … She chanced a glance up at him and found his green eyes waiting patiently to meet hers. They smiled knowingly at each other, and blushing even more evidently, she looked away so as not to completely give herself away. Careful Ginny!
A/N: okay, sorry it took me so long to update, check my profile for my excuses! As always i'm beggin for you to give me 5 seconds of your time and let me know what you think! I will definetely update sooner if I get lots of reviews! However, in the meantime go to my profile and check out some of my other fics, if you like this one you'll definetely like some of the others... Yes, I know the title is a little suggestive, but its an innocent flick so oh well....lol Also, for those moaning 'hurry up and get on with it,' it is turning out a lot longer than i originally anticipated, but the wait is worth it...so be patient and keep reading!
Okay, thanks for reading this. The deal is, the mod sent back ch 4 and said rather than do the separate pov thing to mix them together. My question for you is, do you like the different pov thing or does it get repetitive? So far I've had fun cuz i think it's fun to see different perspectives on the same thing, why they acted the way they did what they were thinking and so forth...at least its an unusual twist. ok, please let me know what you guys want. If you like it separate let me know, if you think it would be better mixed that's cool just tell me. I think it would be easiest for me if you would leave it in a review but if you really want u can email me, but please do tell me something! I'm pretty sure i could work on it and get it posted with the pov thing, but if u guys want it diff i'll change it. It took so long for the mods to get back to me that i've actually written through ch. 9! So, I don't want to give up the story, and as soon as this is fixed they'll be posted really quick (well depends how long mods keep them i guess) but i'll submit them as quick as i can cuz uve had to wait so long for the last 2 chappies! well, thanks for your time guys, and please let me know what you want! (Oh and this really isn't some ploy for review lol, i honestly do want to know what you guys think and want!) haha, k thanks!

K, thanks guys, ch 4 has been submitted and will hopefully be up soon! If you would still like to leave your opinion, though, i'd love to hear it!