Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ginny's Love by The Marauder

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I decided not to do the split POV for this because it’s so long, and there’s so much dialogue, well, you would’ve just been bored the second time through, so instead you get both their thoughts here and there…actually I’ve decided to keep the split POV a special thing for h/g… However, this chapter is definitely not about those two, so let’s continue to the room of requirement for some r/h fun, shall we?

And Ginny writes the notes: that’s why they’re rather cheerful…




As the door clicked, Hermione turned around and stared in confusion as Harry didn’t enter. She walked towards it and cried out in surprise as it vanished before her eyes; Ron turned to gape thoroughly startled. Hermione wheeled around.

What’s going on…? She thought anxiously.

The room was empty except for a small table with a red rose and a piece of parchment on it. Hermione walked over expectantly and then called Ron over to read the note as well.

Ron and Hermione,

There is something important we both feel you should know. Of course, simply telling you would be no fun. So, instead we have put together a game for the two of you to discover it yourselves. You must make it through the series of three little tests, following our simple instructions. The door will unlock when you pass the final test. Don’t worry, it will be fun! Being the exceptional room it is, the Room of Requirement will not open until you have won the game, no matter what tricks you try (Hermione), so don’t waste your time. (Oh, and be on the lookout for easy hints when you need them!)

Love,
Harry and Ginny


“What in Merlin’s name are they talking about?” asked Ron, his face twisted in bewilderment.

“Well…” said Hermione slowly, contemplating what could be so important for them to discover on their own, “I don’t know, but… I say we play along.” Ron gave her a quizzical look and Hermione continued, speaking quickly, “Well, they’re trying to tell us something, and I don’t know how else we can get out without playing the game. Besides, it’s Ginny “ you know it’s going to be interesting!”

Ron shrugged, “Alright fine, I’m in.” They stood quietly for a moment rethinking everything, but soon were interrupted by Hermione squealing in surprise.

“Look!” she exclaimed, pointing as a door appeared across the room. As they walked towards it a fiery X materialized, blocking their entry, and Hermione paused. “Well…now what do we do?” Ron merely shrugged. “Let me see that note again; there must be some sort of clue…” She flipped it over and smiled triumphantly as words appeared as if written by an invisible hand.

Well-done Hermione!

“Hey, how’d they know I didn’t figure it out!” exclaimed Ron indignantly. Hermione rolled her eyes at him and then laughed as the parchment continued writing.

Don’t complain Ron, we know you’ll play an important role as well… This first door is very simple to unlock. Just read down the harebrained riddle…

Harry and I will start slow, I think you’ll agree
One step at a time is the best way we can see
Long have we waited for you to finally know
Don’t miss the many silly clues that fall below

Hard work we always do
And taken for granted are we by you
Now use us for something other than holding your wand
Draw on us to form a bond
Simply read this note carefully and the obvious answer will present itself!


The pair stood motionless, staring at the nonsense before them. Ron moaned, “This is going to be a long night…”

Hermione didn’t answer; she was perusing the note for the fourth time in search of the “obvious answer” she had missed.

Okay…the clues are just the second part; the first is filler…something we take for granted…

Ron glanced at the parchment frustrated, and then as something caught his eye he did a double-take, “…Hermione?”

“Shh! I’m trying to think.”

What holds our wand? My bag? No… My pocket? Nope…

“No, Hermione!”

“Shh!”

He huffed and then stood next to her sulking tacitly.

My hand! Of course! That was obvious Hermione!

“Ron it’s something to do with our hands!”

“Yeah…I know,” he muttered under his breath.

“What?” she asked without looking up from the riddle.

“I said ‘I know’!” he repeated forcefully and she glanced up questioningly, “It’s ‘hold hands’ Hermione.”

“What?” she looked down at the riddle hastily. Draw on us to form a bond… “Oh, Ron that’s brilliant! How did you figure it out so quickly?”

He beamed proudly for a moment before tracing his finger down the parchment, and then his smile widened immensely as she gaped in amazement.

Harry and I will start slow, I think you’ll agree
One step at a time is the best way we can see
Long have we waited for you to finally know
Don’t miss the many silly clues that fall below

Hard work we always do
And taken for granted are we by you
Now use us for something other than holding your wand
Draw on us to form a bond
Simply read this note carefully and the obvious answer will present itself!


Both reread it happily, satisfied that they had solved it.

Hermione’s smile slowly faded and then she looked back at the parchment and gasped in shock, “Wait, what?”

Suddenly the realization of what the instructions actually meant began to set in, and their hearts began to pound fiercely.

Ron stood dumbfounded, unsure now if he really wanted the riddle solved at all.

Ginny, oh how could you! thought Hermione angrily, of course assuming what her devious friend was up to. She glanced up at Ron in horror, but was unable to read his face. Slowly he held out his hand and she looked at him surprised. His face and ears were turning the distinguishing Weasley red, but he met her eyes defiantly.

“You wanted to play along…” he said, his face impassive.

She timidly reached out and took his hand, her heart thumping wildly in her chest. Immediately upon their touch the fiery barricade disappeared and Ron tentatively reached out and opened the door. They walked through it carefully and jumped as they heard it shut loudly behind them. The couple was now standing in a long, narrow hallway, with a tiny door far in the distance.

“Well… shall we?” questioned Hermione. Ron shrugged and nodded. They continued on awkwardly, both unwilling to look at the other, hands still clasped firmly.

Ron finally broke the silence, “Uh…Hermione… I don’t think we’re getting any closer…”

“Ron what are you talk”” She stopped as she glanced at the door, which they were obviously no nearer to though they had been walking for quite some time. As they stood in confusion a roll of parchment descended dramatically, dangling from a string at their eye level and Ron reached up, slipping it off.

See? That wasn’t so hard now was it?

Both scoffed silently.

Okay, as you can see this hallway just keeps going and going and you’ll never be able to get any closer to the door until you do as we say. (You can’t turn back either.)

Both met eyes over the parchment and then turned forebodingly around, sighing as they realized the fiery X had reappeared on this side of the door as well.

As you walk, Ron, you must tell Hermione three things you like about her, and then Hermione must do the same. If you don’t tell what’s in your heart the room will know and, well, you’ll be in here a long time… Have fun you two, and don’t forget to keep holding hands!

“Bloody hell,” muttered Ron under his breath. What are they playing at?

He glanced at Hermione and she had a very odd mixture of expressions playing across her face as she read the note. Her lips were pursed tightly as they always were when she was angry, her eyes seemed to be looking through the note rather than at it as they appeared to when she was lost in her thoughts, and a soft pink blush was glowing on her cheeks. He shook his head slightly and peeled his eyes off of her as she sighed deeply, looking at him expectantly.

“Well?” she asked her voice sounding strangely strained.

They started walking again in silence; Hermione kept glancing at him out of the corner of her eye, and he appeared to have no intention of speaking. Soon she was beginning to lose patience: every second seemed to last an eternity and although she was terrified of what she would have to say to him, she was rather curious and petrified all at once of what he would say to her.

“Honestly Ron, is there really nothing good you can think to say?” He looked up at her slightly shocked and then looking at the ground mumbled something inaudibly. “I don’t think it counts unless I hear it Ron, I think that’s the point!”

“I said it’s not that I can’t think of something, I’m just trying to choose which three!” he said in a low voice, his face burning like the X behind them.

Astonished she looked abashedly at her shoes. “Oh…”

He sighed. I’ve just got to get this over with… “Okay, I like that you’re always there when I need you; no matter how much work you have, no matter how stressed you are, and no matter how angry you are with me, you’ll always help me, always explain patiently, and always make sure I’ll be okay.”

Hermione didn’t respond. Steadfast brain of a friend…knew it, thanks a lot Gin. Ron looked up and realized how much closer the door appeared.

“Alright…well I like all your endearing habits.” She furrowed her brow, bewildered, and looked over at him. "For example, when you’re anxious you always tuck your hair behind your ear a lot.” He laughed as she froze with her hand mid-action in embarrassment. “And, er, when you’re scared, you bite your bottom lip and mess with your cloak like you can’t keep your hands still. And when you’re happy, your smile just sort of…lights up the room. It’s… contagious…”

Neither was quite sure what to say so Ron bravely continued after taking a deep breath.

“And what I like most… well… you’re unlike any girl I’ve ever met before. You don’t spend all your time gossiping and giggling. I can talk to you comfortably, as just a friend, and you always seem to understand me. And, you don’t worry about your hair or clothes.” She looked up in dismay. what?! but as he heard the last words echo in his head his eyes widened in horror. “Oh, no ‘Mione, that’s not what I meant…what I meant is that you don’t have to spend hours in front of the mirror because you look beautiful anyway!”

Hermione gasped. He thinks… he thinks I’m… what?; again Ron’s mouth was a step ahead of his mind and his face went through several stages including confusion, surprise, and horror, before ending in scarlet mortification.

What is wrong with you?! You can’t say that to her!

“Thank you,” she mumbled, but he couldn’t respond. Feeling a bit more confident after hearing him she began boldly, “Well I guess it’s my turn…” He still refused to meet her eyes. “First of all I like how you don’t complain about the big things, you don’t draw attention to yourself. I can see how you feel sometimes when Harry is constantly drawn into the spotlight, and I know it’s hard to be shoved to the side, but you always just… take it. Even when you are brave and courageous and deserve the praise of the world, you let everyone gawk over him, comfort and console him, while you remain silent of your own deeds, your own affliction; after everything Harry struggled through you put up with his rage and depression, and never exploded, never complained about all you’ve suffered too. Basically you put up with more than anyone gives you credit for.”

The scarlet covering his face and ears was covered in a second crimson coat.

Hermione continued without waiting for a response, “Secondly is how excited you get when you talk about something you love. Like, when you talk about Quidditch for example, you start talking quickly and you can’t stop smiling. It’s rather… adorable really.” She sighed, composing herself and gathering courage to finish what she’d begun. “But what I like most about you is that I know if anything is ever really wrong, you’ll be there. It’s your loyalty to your friends and family. You’d protect Ginny from every heartbreak if you could, and no matter how much she complains she loves you for it and knows she can depend on you. And you won’t let anyone insult someone you care about; though you’ll sometimes even take it yourself, you always stand up for us.”

Their grip intensified slightly, though neither was sure who had done the tightening.

“And… well, I know that you’re always there for me without question. After everything that’s happened to us sometimes I’m terrified, I mean, how are we ever going to get through this? It seems impossible, hopeless at times…”

He finally glanced up and his heart jerked as he saw a tear roll down her cheek, but she wiped it away roughly with her free hand. “But when I’m really scared, I think of you and somehow I always feel… safe, like I know you’ll protect me...”

Ron stopped walking and as he was still holding her hand the force pulled her back to him. He gently brushed the now free falling tears from her eyes and whispered in a raspy voice, “I will.”

She smiled through the tears, “Sorry… stupid…” she mumbled referring to the tears and trying to compose herself, but he squeezed her hand reassuringly. “Oh!” she gasped suddenly surprised as she looked up. “Look, we’re here…” Both turned and slowly faced the ominous door. Ron reached out then paused, his hand outstretched, inches from the handle.

He glanced at her nervously. What could they possibly make me say next? Do I have to spell out that I’m in love with her? What if I’m just not ready yet! What she said…it doesn’t necessarily mean she feels the same back, does it?

What if it asks how I feel about him? thought Hermione, What am I supposed to do then? She glanced cautiously at Ron and he looked quickly away back at the door. He took a deep breath and set his face, then quickly reached the remaining distance, grabbing the handle and pulling the door open. They met eyes, and then still holding hands tightly they entered the door bravely.



Yes...it is a bit of an evil cliffie...Eager to find out what the third task is? Well…leave me a review and I’ll send it in quick ;o)

Thanks to my awesome beta harry luvs ginny