Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Heart of (Red and) Gold by type-n-shadow

Printer
Summary: Those who knew Lily Evans knew her heart of gold – the kind, innocent, and forgiving nature that was unique to her. Underneath the gold lining, her heart was as red as anyone’s: full of passions and frustrated feelings; her temper just as quickly piqued as it was soothed. The brave colors of her heart would affect the lives of everyone around her, the effect continuing beyond death. Such was a Lion’s Heart.
Excerpt from Volume 7: Once again, James image standing next to her, shielding her from the rain, peering into her face anxiously, appeared foremost in her thoughts.
“There’s James Potter,” Lily finally mentioned.
“There’s a promising name,” her father commented. “Isn’t that the boy who’s been after you for years, though? I thought you didn’t like him.”
“I can’t believe you remember,” Lily said, laughing. “But he’s changed so much. He’s-”
She struggled for words.
“Well, he’s sort of…different, in a way – er – this is absurd! I can’t even find the words to describe him.”
“Sounds like a girl in love,” said her mother’s voice. Mr. Evans looked up brightly at his wife, who stood in the door way smiling.
“Do you really think so?” he said delightedly. He looked at Lily. “Is it true?”
Out of her depth on the subject of her own feelings, Lily sputtered,
“I-I don’t know! He is smart, and talented; he is on the good side, you know; against Lord Voldemort…”
“Lily,” Olivia Evans interrupted gently, coming and sitting on the corner of the bed, taking Lily’s hand in her own, “I know you think all that is what we want to hear as your parents; but really, truly, all we care about is your happiness. I know you: you’re a girl who follows your heart. So learn what’s in your heart now that your head has done its work.”
It was then that Lily realized that she could not imagine spending the rest of her life with anyone else.

Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Marauder Era
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 2 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 5668 Viewcount: 4046
Published on: 09/11/09 Updated On: 10/02/09





1. Chapter 1: Lily by type-n-shadow [ - ] (2122 words)
Thank-you, thank-you, to my beta harrypotter627! Also endless gratitude to my friends who got me started writing, not to mention J.K. Rowling who gave me a plot and characters to play with.
2. Chapter 2: Surprises by type-n-shadow [ - ] (3546 words)
The dialogue in a section in this was taken from A Prince's Tale, DH, by J.K. Rowling. Thanks to my beta, harrypotter627!