Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Potterwatch by LuNaLoVeGoOdLoVer

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

Do I even have to remind you that I am not JKR? Well, I'm not. Big surprise. I do like taking a walk in her world, though. (:
Chapter Notes: I don't think I was the only one who enjoyed the Potterwatch. So I hope you enjoy this too! And thanks to my amazing beta Kathleen (bling-baby). And Alyssa (ron lover) who also helped with the summary! *squishhugstackles*
“Welcome to the first Potterwatch! This is a new radio-station that was founded so that the wizarding community could know what was actually happening, as, thanks to our charming friends the Death Eaters, everything is being hushed up. So now I’ll let you know how Potterwatch works. For security purposes, the contributors are going to use code-names. I’ve decided I want to be known as River, because it just sounds cool.

Also, we’ve decided to use passwords here at Potterwatch. This is also a security precaution, at these are dangerous times we have the honour of living in. So when you tune in, you’ll need to say the password, which we will always tell you at the end of the previous show.

For reasons you might be able to guess yourself, we won’t be able to make regular visits to the airwaves. For those who need help figuring it out: the Death Eaters will probably not be too happy, so they might try and discourage us.

Now to the actual news:

My co-worker has some important news to tell you, but I shall first inform you of the tragedies of recent times. Alastor Moody, also know as Mad-Eye, for those who have not yet heard, was murdered by You-Know-Who at the end of July. Regretfully, his body was not to be found. Alastor Moody was one of the best Aurors the Ministry ever had, and he was very loyal, trustworthy and noble. We are sorry for this loss, and hope that you will think of Mad-Eye in your prayers.

Meanwhile, a Ministry official was also killed, although no one knows who exactly murdered her. She was found in her house with the Dark Mark over it. Her name was Olivia Makanda, she was forty-one, and had two children. We now invite you all to a minute of silence, to remember and reflect on the heroic lives of these people. May they rest in peace.

Thank you.

Now let’s here it from my fellow reporter, Royal. Hi, Royal.”

“Thanks, River. Hello, Potterwatch listeners! I will notify you about the affects that our war is having on the Muggles. But before that, I, as River already indicated, need to inform you that the Death Eaters are smarter than they look. They have cleverly put a jinx on You-Know-Who’s name, so whenever one says it, you can be tracked and easily found by the Death Eaters or Snatchers. The latter is a new group of followers. They round up runaways and turn them in for gold. Anyway, be careful about saying You-Know-Who’s name, though that’s never been a problem for most of you. The Death Eaters and most Snatchers are forces to be reckoned with, even if you want to show rebellion and prove that you’re not satisfied with the new dark regime. We advise you not to say it. Even if it shows bravery and resistance. I myself was almost arrested when they cornered me, using they’re new tracking system. It causes some kind of magical disturbance. When one breaks the Taboo, it breaks protective enchantments.”

“Phew, thanks for the tip, Royal. So watch out, listeners!

Although I will of course try not to say the name, I do think always saying You-Know-Who sounds a bit as if we were all big scaredy-cats. After all, we are in a war against him. We don’t want to say names that make us sound affectionate, like ‘The Dark Lord’, because we aren’t too fond him. Or are we? What do you think, listeners? How about we give him a name he won’t like, maybe ‘The Master Bully’ or ‘The Chief Death Eater’. How ‘bout it?”

“Good idea, River. Finishing that, let’s move on to the next subject. Now, how the new Wizarding order is affecting the Muggles. I used to be involved with Muggles through my work. . Naturally Muggles, their feelings and theories surrounded me. I can tell you, it is not exactly a positive feeling the Muggles are having. They cannot explain the Chief Death Eater and his followers’ misdeeds, so they do the only thing they can: The Muggles are trying to push the blame on the dear Mother Nature, which, of course, they are having problems with. An example: As Muggle can feel Dementors but cannot see them they think it is a natural fog, and the cold, hopeless feeling they have is just a side effect of the recent hard times.

Then there are the numerous deaths and disappearances.
Regretfully, there have been several only this month. The Muggle world is I believe even worse off than the Wizarding one, because we know what is causing these terrible things to happen-or at least Potterwatch is trying to inform the community-, so we can try and fight it. However, they have no clue. They live in fright and a political uproar, as each political opponent tries to prove that the fault belongs to the other side. Their world is in the same mess as ours, but they have done nothing whatsoever to deserve it- not that we have. Thank you for listening to me.”

"Thank you, Royal, for that insightful proclamation. To stay on a related subject, the other non-wizard races are also in an uproar. Gringotts is no longer under Goblin control, which is making them extremely... unhappy. Other kinds of magical creatures such as centaurs, and even some werewolves - although I fear there is only a small number of them - are not supporting the winner of the Big Bully Award. They are also having great difficulties with ‘The New World’ and its regime.

Another newscaster will say more to this material on the next show. Also, we will have some new subjects next visit to the airwaves as for more contributors. The subjects will include ‘Pals of Potter’, ‘Ongoings in the Ministry’, and ‘How the Rebellion Lives’.

To end the first Potterwatch on a happy note, we would like to congratulate Mrs. Longbottom to her seventy-sixth birthday. Happy Birthday!”

“Remember, listeners, even in these dark times there is light to be found, if one just looks for it well enough. Enjoy every moment you can.”

“That’s right, folks, listen to Royal’s wise words. We now near the end of the first Potterwatch. We hope you will tune in again. The next password will be ‘Phoenix’. Good night!”
Chapter Endnotes: *points at empty review box below* *hinthinthint*