Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Severus Doll by ancientgirl

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I want to thank June for her continued help.

I don't own these characters, I'm just playing with them.

CHAPTER ONE

To say Severus Snape was not a lucky man would have been the understatement of the millennium. Not only had he spent the last twenty years putting his life on the line spying for the Order, but he also spent the last six-and-a-half years having to keep watch over Harry-bloody-Potter. So it was no surprise to him, that just after his last class of the week, he was the victim of a Transfiguration accident. And yes, it had naturally been at the hands of the one, the only, Neville Longbottom.

Severus was walking to the Herbology greenhouse to gather some ingredients for a potion he had been working on. The ingredient was nothing special, really — just some baby’s breath. Little did he realize that the minute he came round the corner, he would encounter the Golden Trio and Neville Longbottom, who were practicing a spell needed for their Transfiguration quiz that afternoon. The students were to change a hard object into something soft. Harry had managed to turn a pine cone into a rose with soft petals. Ron hadn’t fared too well in turning a twig into a lump of clay. Hermione, of course, easily changed a rock into a ball of cotton.

It was now Neville’s turn. He pointed his wand at his book, but — at the exact moment he was uttering the spell — Ron bumped into him; and as Neville fell his wand pointed straight to Professor Snape, who had at that moment rounded the corner. The Trio had been so caught up in picking up poor Neville from the ground and laughing at Ron’s clumsiness, that they did not notice the object on the ground. After Neville tried the spell on his book several more times, he finally managed to turn his book into a pillow. As the Gryffindors congratulated each other, they decided they were ready for their quiz and began to walk away. Hermione decided to stay for a while longer, wanting to enjoy Madam Sprout’s small garden and bid the boys goodbye. It was several minutes later that she noticed something odd out of the corner of her eye. She rose and walked towards what looked like a doll.

She looked down at the doll on the ground and smiled. It was the most adorable thing she had ever seen, and it looked just like Professor Snape. She bent down and picked it up. She cradled it in her arms like a baby. Unbeknownst to her, it was not a doll, but the very man she thought it looked like.

***

Severus couldn’t believe his luck. There he was, minding his own business. He was quite eager to get to his private lab and begin working on a new potion he was developing for headache relief, when he was hit by Longbottom’s wayward spell. He was lying on the ground, looking up at the sky, thinking how he had never wanted to kill anyone as much as he wanted to kill the boy.

‘And to think, here I expected I would have at least died a gallant death in service to the Order. Now, I’ll probably be trampled by these dunderheads on their way to class. Can this day get any worse?’ Severus immediately thought. After several minutes of lying on the ground, he noticed Hermione walking toward him. He tried to move and talk, but realized in his present form there was nothing he could do, except simply lie there. Hermione stood over him, and he noticed her smiling. Could it be that she knew it was really him? He had been listening to the four students, just before the boys left, and they had apparently not even seen him. It had taken Neville several tries to get his spell correct, so he gathered they had not seen him to begin with. No, he thought, she didn’t know it was him.

“What a lovely likeness,” said Hermione, as she traced the outline of Severus’ doll head. She then brought him to her face and cuddled his small body. “Oh, and you’re so soft, too. I think I’ll keep you for myself. I wonder if you belong to someone?” Severus hated to be touched, much less cuddled. But when she brought him to her face and snuggled him into her neck, he began to feel lightheaded.

‘If I’m going to die,’ he thought, ‘I may as well die in the arms of a soft, wonderful smelling, sweet…Ahh, no, bloody hell!’ Had he been able to, he would have thrown his arms in the air and stalked off, with his robes billowing behind him. But now Hermione had him tucked against her breasts, as she walked up to her room.

"If I can’t have the real thing, I may as well have a doll Severus," she said with a smile.

‘What did she just say?’ thought Severus. ‘Well, this may not be so bad after all.’ He allowed himself to take in her scent, and inwardly smiled at the wonderful view he now had. ‘No, not bad at all.’

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I hope you liked this. I got the idea yesterday evening when I was looking at some artwork on Deviant Art and came across the most adorable drawing. If you see it, you'll understand. The artist's name is Artema.