Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Unexpected Fate by LaraAnn

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
At twelve o'clock sharp, with Invisibilty Cloak in hand, Harry tapped as quietly as he could on Ginny's door. She let him quickly and shut the door behind him. He looked around, only having been in Ginny's room once before, and immediately notice something, or someone rather, was missing.

"Where's Hermione?" he asked, thoroughly confused. "I thought you two were sharing a room, and she went up to bed the same time we did."

"That's what I needed to tell you. I have to show you something, but you have to promise not to say anything, because I'm not supposed to tell." Something in Ginny's voice sounded odd, like she was afraid of him or something.

"Alright, let's go then," Harry said. He covered them both with the cloak and they set out.

Up two flights of stairs later, they came to the landing of Ron's room. Harry gave Ginny a quizzical look, like he didn't understand what the significance was. He'd been in Ron's room before; he'd stayed in it every other time he was visiting. Ginny then pointed to the keyhole. She looked terrified now, but she didn't move. Harry looked through the keyhole, and what he saw shocked him.

His two best friends, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, were in bed together.


*****

When they got back to Ginny's room, some of the shock had worn off. He pulled the cloak off them and began to question Ginny, but she told him the story before he could finish his first question.

"They've been doing that since a few weeks after her - er, I mean, after she came here. She'd been having trouble sleeping and sleeping with Ron like that is the only way she could get any rest," Ginny explained

Harry opened his mouth to ask another question, but again, Ginny answered before he could.

"That's all that's happened. They weren't sure whether or not to tell you, they didn't want you to be mad, but I thought you deserved to know." Ginny was looking at him almost pleadingly, like she was begging him not to be mad.

"I'm not mad," he said. "It just startled me a bit. Everyone knew that they liked each other since our third year. I just never expected it to happen, they were both too shy."

"I know it's surprising," she said, sounding very relieved that he hadn't started yelling, "but it makes her feel better. Actually, it makes them both feel better."

She hesitated for a moment, "Are you mad?" she asked, her voice becoming more timid again.

He really thought this time before he answered. He wasn't sure how it happened, but the words, "not really, but I am a little jealous" tumbled out of his mouth. It was Ginny's turn to look confused.

"I didn't know you fancied Hermione," she said, in an odd sounding voice.

"I don't," he said quickly. "That's not what I meant. I'm not jealous of Ron for being with Hermione, I'm guess I'm jealous that they have someone like that to be close with and I don't"

"Don't worry about that, Harry," Ginny reassured him. "You could have any girl you fancied."

Harry nodded, but he didn't really believe her. The truth was, he did fancy someone, and he knew her to be involved with someone else, someone he knew. He didn't want to be the type of person to break someone up.

"At least you'll have Dean when we go back to school," Harry said halfheartedly, all but wishing Dean wouldn't be returning for his sixth year. He looked up at Ginny and saw that she had gone a deep shade of scarlet.

"Well, not exactly," she said. "We agreed that nothing was really happening, so we ended it a few weeks ago." She wasn't meeting his eye.

"Oh," he said. Now they were both sitting there, avoiding each other's eyes. He didn't think he'd ever feel this way around Ginny, even with Ron always trying to give them a nudge towards each other. They finally met each other's gaze.

"Well, I better get back to bed," said Harry. "We'll both be in major trouble if your mum came in here." He got up and crossed to the door.

"Harry, wait," said Ginny, standing up and going over to him. She looked him in those amazing green eyes and did the boldest thing she'd ever done, and considering what they'd been through at the end of last term, that was saying something.


Ginevra Molly Weasley kissed Harry Potter.