Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Unexpected Fate by LaraAnn

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Harry was taken aback for a moment, and then realized exactly what was happening. Ginny was kissing him. GINNY! His best friend's little sister. Sure, he fancied her, but the gravity of what was actually hitting him. He stood there terrified for about half a second until instinct took over. Before he knew it, his arms were around her waist, pulling her closer. He could feel Ginny smile as they deepened their kiss.

This was everything Ginny had wanted for so long. She couldn't believe she was standing here, kissing Harry Potter. What was more amazing, he was kissing her back! Her arms went up around his neck as they continued kissing. After a few of the best moments either of them had ever experience, the kiss ended and they were just holding each other as close as possible.

"I should go," Harry whispered in her ear. He pulled her closer, clearing indicating that he didn't WANT to leave, but he needed to.

"Just one more minute," she whispered back. She didn't ever want to leave his arms again, even though she knew that the wrath of two parents and six brothers would be upon them both if they were caught like this. Hearing this, Harry's mouth found hers once again.

After another minute or so, they finally broke apart. Harry kissed the palm of her hand as he left her room. It was such a simple gesture, but Ginny felt her heart melt instantly. As her door closed behind him, she collapsed onto her bed in a fit of silent giggles. In his own room, Harry was also smiling pretty brightly. The girl he fancied, the girl he literally dreamed of, had just thoroughly and heartily kissed him. He hadn't acted like a prat, he hadn't ruined the moment. It was perfect.

Everyone in the Weasley house slept very soundly that night. Harry's dreams were not troubled by the prophesy or Sirius; Ginny's were not worried about Hermione or her family. Instead, Harry and Ginny dreamed of each other, being together as they had just a few minutes before. They had discovered, just as Ron and Hermione had, that falling asleep when you're in love is much sweeter than simply dreaming of it.


***

The next morning was, well, interesting at the Weasley home. Harry had to pretend that he didn't know about Ron and Hermione and that he could barely stand to be separated from Ginny, even if she was just in the next room. Ginny had to act like she hadn't told Harry anything and like it didn't equally drive her crazy not to be by Harry's side. Ron and Hermione kept up their charade of separateness, not knowing of Harry and Ginny's struggles. Despite all the secrets they were hiding, they were all doing a pretty good job of it.

The only person who seemed to not control their smiles was, in fact, Molly. All of the children asked why she was so happy, considering all the circumstances.

"That's my business, not yours," was all she would reply. Even when the twins popped in for lunch and threatened to "update" the food, she wouldn't give in, saying they'd find out soon enough.

After lunch, Ginny was fit to burst from keeping her secret, so she broke down and told Hermione what had happened the night before. Well, not ALL of what happened.

"Why was he in your room in the first place?" Hermione asked. She could sense Ginny was keeping something from her, especially since as she asked this question, Ginny's ears turned their lovely indicating red.

"I told you, we were just talking!" Ginny retorted, feeling the heat rising in her face.

"Right, I got that, but talking about what?" Hermione pressed. She had a feeling she knew what they were talking about, but she wanted to be sure before yelling at Ginny.

"IkindoftoldhimaboutyouandRon," Ginny spilled in one breath.

"You WHAT?!?!" Hermione yelled. "We told you WE wanted to do that when we were READY. I can NOT believe you did that, Ginny!!"

"Its okay! He wasn't mad! He expected it," Ginny said in a rush, desperately trying to keep her best friend from being mad. Hermione froze in the middle of her rant.

"Expected it?" she asked. She knew she had liked him for a while, but she thought she had done a fair job of keeping it hushed up.

"Oh, please, 'Mione, we all did!" Ginny said. "Even McGonagall's asked about it!"

Hermione stood there dumbfounded. Everyone knew. Maybe that's not such a bad thing, she thought to herself.


She was proud to be Ron Weasley's girlfriend.

**Meanwhile, in another room**

"Way to go, mate, really!" Harry clapped Ron on the shoulder. Ron hadn't been able to keep the secret any longer. Harry had done a good job of acting surprised.

"It wasn't really any of my doing, but hey, it all works in the end," Ron said with a chuckle. "So now you know, and Ginny knows, and I"m not sure whether or not the twins know, but I think they have the idea and...Harry, why are you blushing?" Ron asked.

Harry had turned three shades of red at the mention of Ginny. He thought for an excuse and none came.
He started to panic as Ron thought out loud.

"Well, its not because of me and Hermione, that's not something YOU'd blush over...I certainly hope its not Fred and George...unless...." Ron's face curled into a evil, all knowing smile.

"You and Gin?'' he asked, hoping that his best bud finally got some sense knocked into him. Harry didn't respond.

"What happened?" he shouted, grinning, although his face quickly turned to concern. "Wait, you know what, don't tell me, its my sister."

"No, no! Nothing like that!" Harry answered quickly. He didn't want to know the pain he'd be in for if he'd de-flowered the only Weasley girl in just one night. Ron's face eased a bit.

"So, what happened?" he asked, still somewhat hesitant on whether or not he really wanted to know.

"She kissed me, that's all,'' Harry said, easing away from Ron a bit, making sure he was out of arm's reach, just in case Ron decided he didn't like Harry kissing his sister and took a swing.

"She kissed you? Isn't that your job?" Ron asked, clearly puzzled. "I know I'm a chicken when it comes to this romance stuff, but even I kissed 'Mione first."

"She just kinda came at me, and it just worked," Harry said. He wasn't sure if he liked being behind the curve like that.

"Well, hey, at least it happened, right?" Ron said, somewhat consolingly, although inside he was jumping up and down for doing something "the right way" when Harry hadn't. Harry grinned and nodded, remembering the fantastic feeling of kissing Ginny.

"Let's go find our girls and tell them we know everything," Harry said. More than anything, he wanted the chance to be near Ginny. Ron grinned in agreement and both boys started down the stairs to find their girlfriends.