Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

True Love Can Wait by Dementress

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
It's Harry's POV for this chapter...duh!

"HERMIONE!" I yelled, sprinting towards her lifeless body. I picked her up and shook her shoulders. Her light brown eyes that were usually filled with knowledge and wisdom were now cold and blank. Next to me, Ron and Ginny alternately tried to wake their best friend up, disbelieving that she just left, and comfort me. I don't believe it! Why!? When I just defeated the most feared person, the person I loved the most was just killed before me!

I scanned the field for the murderer and then I saw the person. Bellatrix Lestrange had her wand out with a gleeful evil look. Blinded with great fury, I ran to her limp body and was just about to give her more than a nosebleed. Grabbing her wand, I threw it as far as my hand could take. I let out a yell of fury, grabbed her neck and pointed my wand at her throat, telling myself not to blast her to pieces yet. I was greatly satisfied that she had pure sheer terror on her face.

"You are going to pay for what you have did!" I snarled. I tightened my hand around her scrawny neck. Bellatrix tried to gasp for air but she gave me a pleading look in her eyes. Do it! I heard my head say. I just kept glaring at her but now a heated debate started waging in my head. Kill her! She already killed Sirius...Lupin....Hermione...

I banished all the voices and made up my mind. I let go of her throat and stood up. I turned around and saw Professor McGonagall sobbing on Dumbledore's shoulder who looked deeply forlorn. The Weasleys' and a few of the Order were all mourning over Hermione and Snape was standing far apart from the others and staring at the ground.

I calmed myself. I looked at the crumpled figure below me with pure disgust and hatred. Pointing my wand, I mustered all my mind and strengths to perform the most painful Cruciatus curse.

For Sirius...

"CRUCIO!"

Bellatrix shreiked and jerked violently in pain. I heard a gasp from McGonagall but I did not care. I want this filthy excuse for a human to feel the pain I have felt for so many years! It was not long before she finally died from my curse. Shame, I wish she could've lasted longer.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=


I didn't listen to the testimonials others were tearfuly reciting. All I did was stare at her, laying peacefuly on her white and gold casket. She looks so immaculate... As soon a spell from Dumbledore was spoken, Hermione's body was set on black fire until it was turned to ashes. Dumbledore gathered it all in a silver vase then handed it to me. With shaking hands, I let the contents free and be carried by the gentle breeze, allowing Hermione to forever roam the world she once loved and lived in. Wiping the tears from my eyes and being supported by Ron, we all headed back to the Hogwarts castle...without Hermione by our side.


=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I stared at the lake below from my Headmaster's office. Yes, my office. After Dumbledore retired, who else would he have chose to take over Hogwarts? But I am still an auror and so is with Ron. Ginny is teaching Transfiguration when McGonagall retired too. I stared at the glossy lake for a long time until the water reflected the sky which was giving way to a sea of black. I went back to my desk, a photo of Ron, Hermione and I all grinning happily propped up in the corner. Hermione....I have never forgotten her. I swear that she was the one for me. Even if she is gone, I still love her...


I'm so tired of being here
Supressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone



To this current day, I am not known as the boy-who-lived but as the most powerful wizard of this century. Dumbledore and Merlin was in their time and I am now. If only Hermione was here to complete my heart and life...


These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time can not erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me



As I watched my student's youthful romance, I remembered my own...I thought I was being foolish but, it was just love, plain and simple...


You used to captivate me by your resonating mind
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me



I miss her...I want to hear her voice again, even if it was nagging me to do my homework...I still can see her though. Only through my dreams...


These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time can not erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me



What if I died? Would I be able to see her again? Would suicide--No Harry, your not thinking rationaly again. Why can't I just end it all easily? I miss her so much that I would do anything to see her again! But then, the people I would leave behind....

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me



There was a knock on the door. Pulling myself together I turned to see who just entered.

"Hi Ron," I said. He gave that same old lopsiding smile he always had before but faded when he saw the sorrow I can't remove from my face. He clapped a hand on my shoulder as his eyes darted to the direction of my desk.

"You still miss her, don't you?" He said quietly. I nodded mutely. I decided to get off the subject and started asking Ron about the ministry and stuff. Anything that keeps me busy would at least make me temporarily happy.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I watched the sun set sink magnificently. It never fails to calm me after a long day. I was at my favorite spot at Hogwarts, the one next to the lake, under a tree. The place where Hermione and I kissed for the last time....

It has been eighty years after I became the headmaster of my real home. I just came out here to watch the sun, knowing that tomorrow will be another day, another life. Slowly, I felt weak. I sat down at the same patch of grass where once my seventeen year old self would watch this same sun do its thing every noon.

Why do I feel terribly weak? As I was about to close my eyes and drift away, I saw a figure. It was clear but the more I opened my eyes to see what it was, it was gone. I closed my eyes again, and then I saw her! Hermione was in a flowing white dress and had her arms outstreched to me, telling me to come with her. I would've but I can't even move my arm! She smiled angelically, moving her fingers that were waiting for me to take them. Slowly, I close my eyes and went into a sleep, never to be awaken.

I didn't even know that the moment I rested my eyelids, Ginny and Ron came out to the grounds and saw my peaceful unmoving body, with a single tear that ran down my cheek. I felt liberated! So far, this was the best feeling in the world! As Hermione and I met again in the Other Side, we kissed, danced and embraced each other. From that moment on, we never let go of what we had lost as we walked to our next adventure together, life after life.

~*~*~*~*~
A/N: Well that's it! Hope you enjoyed it! Songfics are a specialty of mine. I do not own the song "My Immortal" by Evanesence. They rock! I was extremely tempted to put it in!

While we're at it, why don't you check out my other fic? It's called "Harry's Potion" and I won't be blamed for busted lungs or loud laughing noises, ok?