Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Gryffindor Gang by U-No-Poo

Printer
Summary: Five students - Albus Potter, Rose Weasley, Scorpius Malfoy, Claudia Kelaney and Adam Finnigan. Five different stories. One house - Gryffindor.

Join The Gryffindor Gang, five unlikely best friends, as they enter Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as first year students. Throughout the year, they must overcome their own personal battles. Albus just doesn't seem to get out of his father's spotlight - will people treat him like himself, or as Harry Potter's son? Scorpius is dealing with his family too - being a Malfoy in Gryffindor isn't exactly peachy for him. Claudia's started slowly adjusting to the wizarding world, but will her sneaky, horrible roommate cause Rose and Claudia big trouble? And Adam's just not having the perfect start to Hogwarts that he'd have liked.

These are all trying problems when you're eleven years old. But their real test happens when danger is thrown into all five of their lives, threatening them all. Will they be able to face their biggest battle yet, and live to tell the tale?

This is Part One in The Gryffindor Gang Trilogy.
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: Next Generation
Characters: None
Warnings: Mild Profanity
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 10 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 36797 Viewcount: 40240
Published on: 02/05/10 Updated On: 02/28/11



Story Notes: This is my first story on Muggle Net Fan Fiction. Without the help of my fabulous betas, Alyssa (harry4lif), Katie (harrypotter627) and Sarah (dumbledores_fave) I would not have bothered posting this fic up, as it would be too hard to sort through the countless amount of errors.

J.K Rowling owns the Potterverse, and I'm just borrowing them for a bit! I own my two main OCs, Claudia and Adam, and all the other minor characters I own, and nobody can borrow them unless they ask nicely!

Please, when you read a chapter, add a comment for me to read! Any author knows that they love to hear (see?) what their readers think of the story. Any feedback, praise or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated!


1. That First Day by U-No-Poo [ - ] (4354 words)
Okay, here it is! Chapter One has been constantly rejected, and if you're reading this it means I've succeeded! This wouldn't have happened without Alyssa, Katie and Sarah, who all beta'ed this Chapter, each finding critical errors that I needed to correct. Thanks guys!

This chapter is a bit messy in the fact that it switches POVs a lot, but I've done that so the readers can get a feel for each of the characters, which I think I've done well. But the next few chapters will only change POVs two or three times, and the characters will have longer parts.
For those who don't remember, the beginning quote comes from the epilogue.

Disclaimer: J.K Rowling owns the Potterverse, and don't we all wish we were her sometimes! Anyway, enjoy!

2. Potions and Prejudice by U-No-Poo [ - ] (3825 words)
Well, Chapter One has been ready to be posted for about a month now, and I've had to wait until Chapter One was validated, which took about a month! But anyway, now I can finally post this one up.

Thanks to Katie for beta'ing this chapter on her little lonesome!

In this chapter we meet Nina Jordan (mentioned in the Sorting), the Potions professor (a scary, indimidating canon character) and end with a cliffie (that most people won't understand until the next chapter). Plus, the five have their first lot of classes - see how they react!

Again, J.K Rowling is creative enough to invent the Potterverse, so all credit goes to her. Schmerg_The_Impaler owns the potato joke, which will heavily feature in a later chapter! Thanks Schmergo for letting me use it! Oh yeah, and the chapter title is a parody from the book Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, who's a million times the writer I'll ever imagine becoming.

Voila! Here's Chapter Two!

3. Everyone's Just Having A Bad Day by U-No-Poo [ - ] (2883 words)
Okay people, its been a whole two or three weeks since I last updated! Not too bad, eh? Nothing new's been going on with me, and I'm fine, thank you for asking!

In this chapter we [re]introduce a main character, and the all-around Voldemort to the Next Generation. Grip your seats people, its slightly AU! Shock, horror! I resurrected my personal favourite baddie. Some will already have a good idea who it is. Read to find out!

Also, I'd like to point out that the whole Nina-hating-Claudia-because-she's-a-Muggleborn actually has a point and purpose to the story! Its not just me trying to fill in some stuff. You'll end up hating Nina, so you've been warned. Do not give me angry reviews abusing me saying I'm making her unnecessarily discriminative!

I'm a little disappointed with this chapter - its not as long as it should have been. But enjoy anyway!

4. Halloween by U-No-Poo [ - ] (2914 words)
Okay guys, I'm back! Thanks to my wonderful Easter break I can now finally update!

I'm very happy with this chapter, and the next one that I've written. They're both really halves of the same chapter, but I needed to seperate them to really add more context. It'll thicken the plot a lot and leave you questioning a lot of things!

As usual, thanks to Sarah and Katie who kindly beta'ed. J.K Rowling still owns Harry Potter - I'll let you know when I do, okay?

5. Halloween, Revisited by U-No-Poo [ - ] (4528 words)
Hey guys! I promised I'd update before the holidays ended... I lied. But that's only because I got this knocked back the first time I validated!

Anyway, I left you with a mysterious, omnious scream, right? This chapter isn't what you'd expect... so you've been warned. Don't assume you know what's going to happen! I'm really pleased with this chapter as well.

J.K Rowling still owns Harry Potter to nobody's surprise. Enjoy!

6. A Weasley Family Christmas by U-No-Poo [ - ] (4969 words)
After three hours of solid work last night, I finally completed this chapter. I had so much fun writing it!

In this chapter, we have less of the gang and more of the Weasleys - I've been looking forward to the Weasley scenes in this. It features Al, Rose and Scorpius, with a hint of Claudia and Adam. No Nina, I'm afraid.

Thanks to Sarah (Dumbledores_Fave) as always for her speedy beta'ing!

Also, I am aware that I have much longer chapter notes than everyone else.

7. Truth, Dare and a Potato by U-No-Poo [ - ] (3587 words)
Hiya, guys! I'm back; isn't that quick? This chapter's been ready for AGES though.

Thanks to Sarah (Sapphire At Dawn) for her beta'ing. I believe this means I have to add her to my list on my story notes!

Anyway, a few other acknowledgments needed for this chapter. J.K Rowling, most obviously, owns Harry Potter - and who'd believe me if I said I did? Robert Burns wrote the fabulous poem at the end of the chapter, Auld Lang Syne. And Schmerg_The_Impaler owns the beloved potato joke.

8. Jokes of a Kind by U-No-Poo [ - ] (3450 words)
A big hi to any readers I still have left. I'm so sorry for the ridiculously long wait - it's been so hard to put this chapter together and then there were problems with submission. However, it's done now, and I've got the rest of the story all planned out and (mostly) ready! Thanks to Sarah (Dumbledores_Fave) for her beta skills.
9. The Secrets of Hogwarts by U-No-Poo [ - ] (3548 words)
Promising chapter title? I think so.

As usual, thanks to Sarah for beta'ing!

10. Gone by U-No-Poo [ - ] (2739 words)
HEY! I'm back! I'm so sorry about leaving you guys in the lurch! Hopefully I still have readers. Anyway here's Chapter 10, enjoy!