Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Day in the Life by Ginger Hair

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Potions classroom was as dimly lit and gloomy as always, but one thing about it was different. There was a cauldron glowing with some green liquid bubbling in it set up in the middle of the floor. There was a fire bubbling beneath it. Next to it, or rather standing above it was none other the Harry James Potter, also known as the-boy-who-lived. He wore his normal Gryffindor robes with the lion stitched into the right hand side. Also the usual Hogwarts boy’s uniforms: black slacks and a button down shirt, with a red and gold colored tie that hung loosely around his neck. His jet black hair was a mess as always, but he didn’t bother to tame it. He knew it wouldn’t work. It hid his scar, and he liked it that way. He wore his black rimmed glasses as always and behind them sparkled his emerald green eyes, glinting with a hint of mischief as always.

At the moment, he was a bit preoccupied with the Potions assignment Snape had assigned for them to do over the weekend. Harry did not like the idea of making a Potion during his free time, so he had come in here after his last class to get it done as soon as he could. He stood immobile for a minute or so as he checked his Potions book to make sure he had added everything right. The title at the top of the page read The Switching Solution. He read through the paragraph twice before declaring that he had done everything exactly how the book had said. With a satisfied look on his face he began to clear his things away.

Just as he was about to take a sample of the Potion and leave it on Snape’s desk, a Gryffindor fifth year wandered into the room. She wore the same robes and type of shirt as Harry, although she wore a grey pleaded skirt instead of slacks. Her fiery red hair made her noticeable from a distance as a Weasley. Her chocolate brown eyes held the innocence of childhood, although she was a known trouble maker. This was of course Ginny Weasley. She held a piece of parchment in her hand as she came to a halt in front of Harry and his cauldron. A grin spread across her face making her freckles space out.

“And what may I ask are you doing, Mr. Potter?” she asked in a fairly good impression of Dumbledore.

“Making some Switching Solution for or that git, Snape,” Harry replied dully. He raised his eyebrows at her. “What are you doing here, Miss Weasley?”

“I’m handing in an essay.” With that the redhead walked swiftly to Snape’s desk and threw the parchment down forcefully. “I loathe him so much.” Harry nodded in agreement. His eyes became alight with another idea.

“Would you mind me testing this on you?” he gestured to the green liquid bubbling in the nearby cauldron.
Ginny looked at him apprehensively.
“What does it do?”

“It just makes you teleport here and I’ll teleport to where you’re standing. That’s why it’s called a Switching Solution,” he explained as he picked up his wand.

She nodded signaling to him that he could use her as a human guinea pig. Harry beamed at her as he tapped the green goo with his wand. A green light filled the room as the potion overflowed and they were both submerged in an eerie green light. Ginny’s eyes grew wide as she was picked up off of the floor and held there momentarily.

“What did you do Potter?” she yelled across the room to where Harry was levitating. He shrugged at her. That was the last they remembered before they vanished.

***


Meanwhile, on the same day in the Marauders’ Era, Sirius Black stood in the middle of a crowded hallway waiting for his best friend, James to arrive. His raven black hair fell into his face as his dark brown eyes scanned the corridor for James. He glanced backwards to cast a wave at Remus Lupin who was standing behind him, hiding himself from the others by standing against the wall. Lupin, with his chocolate brown hair and matching eyes waved back quickly as he laughed. Both were wearing the Hogwarts uniform as well. Little did James Potter know what the two had in store for him today?

James walked out of the Charms classroom and scanned the hallway for any of his friends. The seventeen year old had the same messy black hair that he had past down to his son, Harry. Actually, the only differences between the two of them were their eyes, James has chocolate brown ones, and the scar; James has none. He scanned the hallway quickly for any of his friends and as soon as he caught sight of Sirius, his best friend and partner in crime, he bounded over to him.

“Hey, Padfoot, what’re you up too?”

Sirius whipped around and spotted James standing in front if him.

“Oh, it’s you.” He sounded disappointed. James looked back at his brown eyes through his own pair and hinted a bit of mischief in his best friend’s set of brown orbs.

“You were expecting someone else?” he asked sarcastically as he rolled his eyes to the heavens. “Come on. I know you’re up to something.”

Sirius threw up his hands. “All right, Prongs, you got me.” He let out a long low sigh. “Lily was supposed to meet me here after class.” James’ face flushed a brilliant shade of crimson when Lily’s name was mentioned.

“You can’t be serious? You know I fancy her!” James exclaimed hotly.

“Actually, I am Sirius. Sirius Black.” He laughed at his own joke as he strode down the hall with James at his heels. “She didn’t show up anyway, so what does it matter?” James thought that over and they agreed silently that it wouldn’t be mentioned again. “Oh, by the way, I hear there’s some of that Love Potion in the Potions storeroom.” Sirius grinned his evil grin as he led James down to the Potions room.

“Really?” James asked perking up a bit at the mention of the Potion. “Sirius nodded, and as one they began running down to the dungeons.

Remus still stood behind the wall searching the huge mass of students for that one particular redhead in the bunch. Lily Evans stood against the wall with her back to him. She wore the Girls’ uniform identical to Ginny’s and to be truthful, the only difference between the two of them was their eyes. Lily had Harry’s eyes, or rather he had hers, and Ginny had chocolate brown ones, that mirror imaged James’ set. She sighed as she ran a hand through her flaming red hair absentmindedly. She was thinking of James, yet again. As she was deep in thought a hand reached out and tapped her on the shoulder. She jumped and whipped out her wand and pointed it straight at the one who had tapped her, which turned out to be Remus Lupin.

She hastily shoved it back in her robe pocket and looked back at him expectantly. “Sorry to bother you Evans, but I needed some help with my Potions assignment and I was wondering” he was cut off by Lily immediately.

“No Problem, Lupin,” she replied. Remus grinned as he led her down to the Potions classroom. She followed him closely, not wanting to lose him in the sea of students.

They arrived at the doorway at the exact time Sirius and James had. Lily looked daggers at Remus. James glared at Sirius and then back to Lupin with what seemed to be electricity emitting from his eyes as he did so. “Why is she here?” James asked both of them.

“She’s here because we set you up,” Sirius replied grinning.

“I never needed help with Potions and there’s nothing in there but the usual,” Remus said beaming at them both. “So, in you go.” Sirius pushed James in the door while Remus shoved Lily inside after him. Then they sealed the door so they couldn’t get out.

“Have a good time with Evans, Prongs.” Sirius chuckled as Remus and he walked away. There they were, locked in the middle of the Potions classroom. James was avoiding Lily’s eyes, but she was determined to catch his glance. She opened her mouth to speak, but just as she was about to tell him off for being in on this whole thing, a green light surrounded them and they were floating above the floor. James cast a glance at Lily, thinking she might have hexed him, but why was she floating, too? Then they vanished into thin air.

Moments later, James stood over an unconscious Lilly muttering nonsense under his breath. Lily slowly opened her eyes to see him there. “What the bloody Hell just happened?” she practically yelled at him.

“Shh. It’s different here and the door’s open now,” he helped her off of the ground slowly. Lily glared at him before rolling her eyes and brushing nonexistent dirt off of her robes.

“What do you mean different?”

“Look.” He led her through the open door and into the hallway. She searched the hall frantically for anyone she knew but found no one. Her mouth hung slightly open until James gently pushed her chin up to close her mouth. “I know. Strange, isn’t it?”

Just then two students came running up to them panting slightly; one with hair as red as Lilly’s and one with brushy brown hair. “Where have you two been?” Hermione gasped.

“Er” James started before he was cut off by Lily elbowing him hard in the ribs.

“Harry? You okay?” Ron asked him looking kind of startled.
The two just stared at him blankly, not knowing who this boy was, or where they were.
////////////////////////////////////
A worried Harry overlooked and unconscious Ginny in the Potions classroom. She slowly opened her chocolate colored eyes to glare at him. “And what was that all about?” She yelled making an echoing sound as her voice ricocheted off of the walls. Harry winced as she screamed. She sounded uncannily like her mother just then.

“I dunno what happened, but the door’s locked now and,” Harry was cut off by the door opening to reveal a teenage Sirius standing before them. He stood there gaping at him until Ginny elbowed him in the stomach. The he started coughing uncontrollably as Ginny smirked at him.

“Have fun with Evans, Prongs?” Sirius asked grinning slightly.

“Wha” Ginny started to say but she was cut off by Harry stepping on her foot. She shot him an angry glance before returning to staring at Sirius with a confused expression on her face, as Harry did the same.