Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Two Ends by ickleronnykins7

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 3: Fighting Against the Curse

“VOLDEMORT! GET AWAY FROM HER!” Harry screamed as he sprinted closer.

“Potter! Come to watch this little show? Maybe you can join in…CRUCIO!” Harry stumbled at Voldemort’s words and fell on his face. He turned to see if any of his fellow DA members would hear his screaming, but to his horror, the adult Death Eaters had returned from the forest and had captured all of them. Harry tried hard to break through the curse, when a hooded Death Eater appeared and also hit Harry with the Cruciatus curse. Harry could barely breathe as he tried to inch closer and closer to Hermione’s twitching body. He barely heard her screaming anymore, as Voldemort let go of the curse. Harry was still being hit by a Death Eater, but Hermione just laid there, tears silently streaming through the sides of her eyes. Harry kept crawling closer, not giving up”he was only a foot or so away from her; he couldn’t give up.

“And now, both of you will meet your ends. You first mudblood. Any last words?”

Hermione caught her breath slowly as she stuttered. “Y-Y-You’ll n-never be the greatest w-wizard alive. Dumbled-dore is. Y-You filthy c-coward!”

“I’m not even going to respond to that, mudblood. You’ll be dead in a few moments. And you Potter? Any last words?” With all the strength Harry had, he got up and spit in Voldemort’s face. He immediately fell back down; too weak to actually stand on both his feet. “Avery…” Voldemort spoke to his Death Eater, “Lift Potter off the ground…NOW.”

“Immediately, my most gracious Lord.” muttered Avery, as he roughly lifted Potter up by the scruff of his robes, and took away his wand.

“Get your filthy hands off of me!” Harry squirmed; pure hatred filling every word that came out of his mouth.

“You just NEVER cease Potter. You will watch your mudblood friend being tortured. Then maybe you will really tell me what that prophecy said! CRUCIO!”

Hermione screamed once more, and then just lay there.

“H-H-Hermione?” Harry mumbled. “HERMIONE!”

“Aww…did the mudblood die just from the Cruciatus Curse? Tisk tisk…Draco was right. She isn’t quite as tough as she makes herself out to be.” Voldemort spoke, as all the Death Eaters around him laughed and circled in closer.

“SHE’S NOT! SHE’S NOT DEAD!” Roared Harry. He released himself from Avery, and shot straight for Voldemort. Harry jumped on top of Voldemort and grabbed hold of his neck. He felt the scaly ness within his skin as he dug his fingers inside of Voldemort’s face and squeezed on to his neck tightly. The next moment, he was lifted off the ground by Avery and another hooded Death Eater, and Voldemort was risen from the ground, and more furious than ever. “SHE IS NOT DEAD! SHE’S NOT! SHE’S NOT!”

“THAT DOES IT! I don’t know WHY I’ve waited for so long…this concludes the end of you--Harry….Potter.” Voldemort drew back his wand. Harry could hear his DA members yelling and crying in the background. “AVADA…KEDAVRA!” Voldemort yelled as a sharp green light projected from his wand and shot straight at Harry.

It all seemed to happen in slow motion; first Harry saw Voldemort pull back his wand, then he heard him say the incantation, and he saw the green light coming straight for him as he shut his eyes but held his head high. The next moment, however, Harry was still standing there, and he heard a girl’s shriek. Even louder screams were coming from the DA as Harry peered open his eyes to see what had happened.