Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Two Ends by ickleronnykins7

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 4: Revenge With Love

“Now she’s dead.” Voldemort said with a smile.

Hermione was standing in front of Harry; then she dropped to the floor. Hermione had jumped up with all her last energy and had taken the spell straight in the heart for Harry. “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!” screamed Harry. Suddenly, the Death Eaters released Harry and started screaming. Their hands were burning. Gray clouds came from all sides, and lightning started to strike. Voldemort had been laughing, but then stopped at the scene in amazement. Harry had tears streaming from his eyes, and he felt a hard dread in his chest as never before. He dropped to his knees and held Hermione’s head in his arms. “Hermione please…please wake up.” He stroked her hair; stroked her cheek, but he knew the answer. He felt her cold face against his, and her chest wasn’t moving. Harry sat there, crying. “NOOOOOOO!!!!!”

Ron had awoken from the stunner spell in time to see Hermione drop. He ran over to Harry and dropped to his knees. Harry dreaded to look up at his best friend’s eyes, but he did so. “H-Harry…” Ron’s voice broke, “i-i-is sh-she…” Ron couldn’t finish his sentence; all he did was shake his head no from side to side as he broke down to tears and hugged Hermione close to him. They both sat there, hugging each other; hugging Hermione’s limp body. They looked into each other’s eyes, and fierce determination immediately took over. They stood up, and as Harry turned around, Voldemort yelled “AVADA KEDAVRA!” The spell hit Harry, but bounced off. His scar was bleeding profusely.

“How is that possible my Lord!?” The Death Eaters around were asking in a worried tone. Voldemort himself seemed very thunderstruck. “Hush!” He called to his Death Eaters as he stood there, obviously pondering what to do next. Harry had a clue.

“You see Voldemort, the first time this happened, my mother died to save me. She covered me with love. Then you found a way around that…but once again…I-I-I’ve been saved by the love of another.” Harry’s voice broke but stood out in the fierce wind loudly. He felt Ron at his side as they looked at each other momentarily. Before anyone else could move, a loud *BOOM* came from the forest.

The Order of the Phoenix had appeared with Snape in the lead. “I should have known that you would know how to eventually break out of the chains, Severus.” Voldemort spoke to him. “But you will not win this time, I’m afraid. As you can see, “he said, pointing at Hermione’s body, “one mudblood down, and the party’s just started.”

As soon as the Order saw Hermione’s body, all hell broke loose. There were spells and stunners being shot from all over. All the DA members and Hermione’s body were taken by Mrs. Weasley and put under a protective charm where they couldn’t be touched. “Harry! Ron! Come here, now!” Mrs. Weasley yelled as the protective charm was about to shut. Ron and Harry did not listen however; they ran the opposite way.

“I’m going to get my revenge on Voldemort if it’s the last thing I do!” Ron said. Harry nodded as they ran around looking for Voldemort. The Order of the Phoenix was fighting very violently now.

“Ron, listen to me. There’s a prophecy I haven’t told you about.” Harry told Ron about the prophecy and about him and Voldemort either both having to live, or both having to die. Ron seemed shocked.

“What? No…no I refuse to lose another one of my b-best friends!”

“No, Ron, but listen. I-I’m being protected by Hermione’s love…I think if we hit him with the spell together soon, it will work against him…and…and I won’t be harmed. It’s worth the chance, Ron.” Ron first seemed reluctant, but then nodded in agreement.

Now all the Death Eaters were down, and the Order stood around Voldemort. Voldemort laughed, “Who are you kidding? Dumbledore’s not here. I’m not scared of a bunch of wizards.”

“Oh, but you’re wrong, Tom. I am here.” Dumbledore appeared right in front of Voldemort, looking a little pale, but his eyes were as fierce as a dragon’s. The whole surrounding of wizards’ spirits from the Order seemed lifted.