Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Phoenix Revolution by AidaLuthien

Printer
Summary: The Middle Kingdom, once a leader of the wizarding world, is now isolated and faces the condemnation of the world. The Headmaster of the Southern School, Zhu-ge Liang, has waited for just the right time to try and change their society.

Ten year old Song Feng is a proud citizen of the People's Republic of China and junior member of the national women's gymnastics team. The last thing Feng wants to do is leave behind her dreams of Olympic glory, but Zhu-ge Liang has other plans for her which will revolutionize the Middle Kingdom.

Now nominated for a 2010 Quicksilver Quill award for Best Original Character, for Song Feng.

Banner by Minnabird
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 11 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 32997 Viewcount: 33878
Published on: 05/26/10 Updated On: 03/21/11



Story Notes: Feng is Chinese for Phoenix. Names will be written in Chinese style - last name, first name. Names will also be separated by character with a hyphen in between e.g. "Mei-ling" not "Meiling" and "Xiao-ping" not "Xiaoping". Most names will be written in pinyin, all bad Chinese will probably be Toisan.

Thanks to my boyfriend/beta for putting up with this story and discussing plot issues with me and to Molly, OliveOil_Med for being my grammar beta. Thanks to all my reviewers.

I do not own Harry Potter.


1. Prologue: The World's Scorn by AidaLuthien [ - ] (799 words)

2. Chapter 1: A Gymnast to Represent China by AidaLuthien [ - ] (4284 words)

3. Chapter 2: Sisters, Friends, and Rivals by AidaLuthien [ - ] (3022 words)

4. Chapter 3: The Letter by AidaLuthien [ - ] (2930 words)

5. Chapter 4: The Honorable Headmaster of the Southern School by AidaLuthien [ - ] (3855 words)

6. Chapter 5: Going Home by AidaLuthien [ - ] (2270 words)

7. Chapter 6: The Decision by AidaLuthien [ - ] (2912 words)

8. Chapter 7: Leaving by AidaLuthien [ - ] (2472 words)

9. Chapter 8: The Western Capital by AidaLuthien [ - ] (3643 words)

10. Chapter 9: The Delicate Dragon Roars by AidaLuthien [ - ] (2741 words)

11. Chapter 10: Obsidian and Phoenix Feather by AidaLuthien [ - ] (4069 words)
Particular thanks to Monkey and Will.i.am for making sure that the world building comes out the way it needs to.