Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Best Team in East Anglia by minnabird

Printer
Summary: Every year, the best amateur Quidditch team in Suffolk faces off against the best team in Norfolk in the East Anglia Summer Tournament. Isobel Jones, one of exactly seven young witches and wizards in the tiny town of Eleigh St. Mary in Suffolk, decides that not only is she going to form a team for the tournament, her team is going to win it.

The problem? Well, let's see. One of her seven possible players is an utter klutz at Quidditch. Two others are often too busy with their school Quidditch teams to practice hard during the school year. And then there's just the little matter of getting to the finals, facing up against a team that's won two years running and isn't afraid to play dirty, and getting her team through the game unscathed...

"We'll win," she says. "We're going to prove that we’re the best team in East Anglia.”

People scoff. But her team believes - and that's all that really matters.


Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: Mild Profanity
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 5 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 10193 Viewcount: 15248
Published on: 06/27/10 Updated On: 11/27/11



Story Notes: New policy: both warnings are added just in case, so I don't forget to add them later. Just got a chapter rejected because I forgot to add the "Mild Profanity" warning.


1. Prologue: From the Daily Prophet, 13 August 2009 by minnabird [ - ] (556 words)
Thanks to my awesome beta, Iris/liquid_silver, for a quick, thorough job and to both her and Bella/clabbert2101 for talking some things over on AIM. Anyone else who I bothered over AIM also gets thanks, those are just the ones I can remember. =)
2. Chapter 1 by minnabird [ - ] (1260 words)
Thanks go out to my fantastic beta, Iris/liquidsilver, and my equally amazing Britpicker, Russia/RussiaSnow.
3. Chapter 2 by minnabird [ - ] (3353 words)
Thanks to my beta, Iris, and my Brit-picker, Russia. Y'all are brilliant.
4. Chapter 3 by minnabird [ - ] (1690 words)
Thanks to my Britpicker Rush/Russia Snow and my beta (and apparently second Britpicker) Soraya/babewithbrains. =)
5. Chapter 4 by minnabird [ - ] (3334 words)
Thanks to my Britpicker, Russia Snow, and my temporary beta, Soraya/babewithbrains. <3