Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Other Potter by AlexPotter

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: All of the characters (apart from my own) belong to JK Rowling :)
As I stood on top of the Astronomy Tower, a tear rolled down my cheek. The war had ended. Harry had killed Lord Voldemort, just as the Prophesy had said. However, the tears were not happy ones, as they should have been. They were tears of loss, and remorse. Many people had sacrificed their lives in order for Voldemort to be defeated, and the wreckage before me was a harsh, bitter reminder of that.

A joyous yell from the castle grounds made me look down. A young student had hidden in the castle and miraculously survived. As he shouted with joy, a large swarm of older students followed, chanting the same words over and over: “Harry Potter.” Our saviour. My flesh and blood. My brother...

I had been born into the Potter family twelve months after Harry. I was born into a family of love before our parents were brutally torn from the living realm by Lord Voldemort. It took thirteen years to find out the possible reasons we had been left as orphans. Life with the Dursleys was awful, and when I discovered I'd also be going to Hogwarts, everything changed.

“It's strange, you know,” a familiar voice said from behind me. “I think this is the first time my name has been chanted for good, rather than something bad.”

A smile formed on my lips as Harry spoke, but my heart still ached. It took a few minutes to turn to face him.

“I told you you'd do it,” I murmured, looking into his eyes. “It's over.”

Harry nodded, taking a step towards me. “I'm... I'm so sorry. If I could have done anything... anything at all to stop the blast I would. Fred was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

My guts wrenched at hearing his name, and fresh tears stung my eyes as he continued. “Andromeda has agreed to be Teddy's legal guardian for the time being, and McGonagall is trying to sort out a remembrance service for all those who fought and lost.”

I closed my eyes, thinking of those who had lost their lives. Lupin and Tonks had died together, fighting to save the world. Little Colin Creevey had been caught in the crossfire, and Fred... Fred Weasley had been killed right in front of his brothers' eyes. The picture of their lifeless bodies lined up in the Great Hall would haunt me for the rest of my life; I was sure of that.

My eyes opened again as a sob broke from my chest, and as I stumbled towards Harry he caught me, wrapping his arms around me carefully. “I'm sorry,” he said again, stroking my hair.

The only thing I could think about was that Teddy had lost his parents, Fred was gone, yet Lord Voldemort had been defeated. Was it fair? Had justice truly been done?

My name is Alexa Potter, and this is the story of my last year at Hogwarts, and the battle that took place not only throughout the Wizarding World, but in my heart.
Chapter Endnotes: Read and review? :)