Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Fading Ink by Wicked Sapphira

Printer
Summary: When searching the Riddle House for Horcruxes, Hermione comes across a blank, seemingly harmless, diary, and a mysterious key hidden in a bureau. When she later discovers that the "harmless" diary is really Tom Riddle's diary, she vows to never write in it again, but when a reckless plan forms in her head to help her, Harry, and Ron find the rest of the Horcruxes, she breaks that vow. Will Hermione Jean Granger, the brightest witch of her age, manage to best Tom Marvolo Riddle, one of the darkest and most powerful wizards alive? ...Or will he beat her at her own game, and successfully ensnare her with the power of the diary? Hermione Granger/Tom Riddle. Mostly compliant with Book Seven, but the AU warning is there just in case.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Hermione/Other Character
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Character Death, Epilogue? What Epilogue?, Mild Profanity
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 5 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 9240 Viewcount: 15049
Published on: 07/23/10 Updated On: 08/07/10



Story Notes: Welcome to Fading Ink! I wanted to try my hand at a Hermione/Tom story, so I did, and I hope this turns out well….This is my favorite pairing to read, although a lot of them have cliché plots. I promise that this is not a cliché time-turner fiction. In fact, it does not involve any time travel at all. How are Hermione and Tom going to meet, then? Well, you are going to find out. Just a warning, this disregards some of DH, but otherwise it follows the book. Okay, I’ll stop rambling now.


1. Chapter 1: A House on a Hill by Wicked Sapphira [ - ] (2682 words)

2. Chapter 2: Battle of Wits by Wicked Sapphira [ - ] (1980 words)
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything that you recognize, J.K. Rowling does. Unfortunately….
Author’s Note: When Hermione writes in the diary, it is in italics, but when Tom writes back, it is in bold letters. Well, anyway, on with the story.

3. Chapter 3: Lucky Number Seven by Wicked Sapphira [ - ] (1217 words)
Author's Note: Thanks to all of the reviewers and also to all of the readers who have chosen to remain silent. Your support is greatly appreciated even if you have never reviewed this story. Anyway, this chapter is just a filler chapter, so nothing important happens, but there is some background information. In this chapter, we are going to catch up with our favorite villain. Well, enjoy!
4. Chapter 4: Manipulating the Manipulator by Wicked Sapphira [ - ] (1511 words)
Author’s Note: Welcome to the next installment of Fading Ink!!! Thanks to everyone who has read or is reading this story! It means so much to me!!! In this chapter, we go back to the Trio.

I use a direct quote from the chapter The Muggle-Born Registration Commission (Chapter 13) from the Deathly Hallows in this chapter. Also, this is set after the whole thing at the Ministry (about a week or two after the previous chapter) because I didn’t feel like re-writing what JKR wrote and you guys already know what happens at the Ministry anyway.

One more thing, Hermione's alias is a coincidence. I just like the name Emma, and I had (stupidly) forgotten that the actress' name who plays Hermione is also Emma at the time that I had written this chapter, and I just didn't feel like changing it.

5. Chapter 5: Deceiving the Deceiver by Wicked Sapphira [ - ] (1850 words)