Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Boy Oh Boy by Sagen

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

I would like to thank my two wonderful Betas, Elene (CoolCatElly) and Stacey (iloverupertgrint). A song fic to the song Boy Oh Boy by the Wilkinsons.
Chapter Notes: I am not JKR (I know, hard to believe) or the Wilkinsons. The parts in bold are what Andromeda’s mind is saying, and the underlined parts are her heart.
Boy oh boy looked at me
Boy oh boy smiled that way
Boy oh boy this heart of mine stood still


We all stood outside the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom waiting for Professor Branstone to show up. Us Slytherins stood away from the other students as if they had dragon pox, staying quiet for the most part; we weren’t loud like the others. We spoke to each other in hushed voices, mostly to poke fun at the inhabitants of the other houses.

A small group of Ravenclaws sat near the door leafing through their Defence books, while the girls from the other houses watched the boys’ rough-housing. How I wished to be over there with those other girls giggling and whispering about the boys. They would never accept me; they hated me and everything I stood for. I was a Slytherin, and most importantly a Black “ we didn’t confer with Gryffindors and certainly not Hufflepuffs.

My eyes drifted from the chattering girls to the boys who were talking loudly and joking around. They were awfully good looking boys. They definitely didn’t have that air of superiority to them like the Slytherin boys did.

My gaze moved from one boy to the next until it met two brown eyes. I narrowed my own eyes suspiciously. Who had the nerve to stare at me? The boy was wearing a yellow and black tie: a Hufflepuff, then. His eyes seemed to twinkle as if he knew something that I didn’t, getting brighter still as he smiled at me. I could feel my heart stop for what felt like a minute. My mind retaliated, screaming at my heart. What was it doing? Why did it stop? Never before had this happened and I wasn’t sure if I liked it.

“Andromeda? Andromeda, are you listening to me?”

My eyes snapped away from the captivating brown ones to the person whose nasal voice was calling my name.

“Did you hear me?”

I shook my head.

“I said that Hufflepuff Mudblood is looking at you.”

“Oh.” I gave the Hufflepuff my best Black glare, one that would’ve made Bella proud, and turned my attention to the conversation about Quidditch. As much as I tried to focus on the discussion on hand, however, all I could think about were those brown eyes burning into the back of my head, daring me to turn around, and the smug smile that I knew was on his face.




Thought my world was unaffected
‘Til the moment I least expected
Boy oh boy love’s moving in for the kill


I sat in the dark library studying for my Transfiguration test that was on Friday. There was barely anybody in the library, but I still took one of the tables at the very back. I had never been able to study with somebody near me, so I was glad when Cissy decided to stay in the common room with the others.

“It’s awfully lonely back here. Do you want some company?”

I jumped and spun around in my seat. The Hufflepuff boy who had been staring at me before Defence was leaning up against one of the bookcases. I felt my heart jump to my throat and shook my head, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to talk. The blonde boy sat down anyway and pulled a book out of his bag.

I opened my mouth to talk but all the came out was a squeak. I could feel a blush creeping up my neck and cleared my throat. “What are you doing?” I asked, trying to sound angry.

“Well, I saw that you’re studying for the Transfiguration test “ and I am in your class “ so I decided to study too.” The boy sat back and shot me a pompous smile.

“Then go do it somewhere else!”

“But I like it here and I already have my book out.”

“Do you know who I am?” I asked, my heart pounding in my ears. “I am Andromeda Black. My family stretches back to Merlin himself “ generations of pure-bloods!”

“Andromeda?” The boy had a strange look on his face. “You’ve got to be kidding me. It’s so stuffy, don’t you have a nickname?”

“For your information, yes I do. But only for my family and friends.”

“How about Dromeda? I think its pretty “ like you.” The boy smiled again.

Did he just call me pretty? My heart sped up again. Stop it, stop it, stop it! Why didn’t hearts ever listen?

“Don’t-” I sighed. “Please don’t call me that. I don’t want to talk to Hufflepuffs or Muggle-borns, so go away before I decide to hex you.” I tried to make my voice sound convincing just in case Cissy or one of the other Slytherins were hiding in the stacks.

“If you were Pinocchio, your nose would be as long as a broomstick!” the boy exclaimed.

“Who’s Pinocchio?” I asked, my head tilted to the side.

“He’s “ never mind. You wouldn’t understand. Will you look at the time?” He shoved his book back into his bag and stood up. “I need to get back to the common room. You really should go back too, Dromeda. I could walk you back if you’d like.” He stuck out his hand to me.

I stood up and moved his hand out of my way before walking away from him.

“Don’t worry, Dromeda. You’ll be seeing more of me, I promise!” he yelled after me.

I tossed my hair over my shoulder, trying my best to look mad. I would have to ask somebody what his name was.




And I’m fallin’, this spell I’m under
I don’t know what’s up or down
I’m fallin’, it makes me wonder
Why I’ve spent time foolin’ ‘round with boys
Boy oh boy this must be love


He has obviously put some sort of charm on you.
No, he hasn’t. He’s too sweet for that.
You never know with those Hufflepuffs, it’s always the quiet ones that you have to look out for.
Whenever I see him, I don’t know what to do! I can’t tell up from down and I feel dizzy!
Maybe you’re sick.
Love sick!
Don’t talk so foolish!
What did I ever see in those Slytherin boys?
Money? Pure blood?
It’s love! I know it is!
Don’t say that! You don’t know anything!




Boy oh boy I feel so shaken
Boy oh boy can’t be mistaken
This is more than passion at first sight


I sat on my bed with the curtains pulled tight and my wand out. I was reading a book about dragons, something that had always interested me. If Mother knew that I was reading this book, she would box my ears for sure. I couldn’t focus that well on my book that night; the Hufflepuff boy kept filling my mind. I had heard Madam Wolf call him Mr Tonks when she told him not to yell in the library, and I heard one of his friends call him Ted when I slipped into the dungeon.

Shoving my book underneath my bed, I lay down and punched my pillow. You get out of my head now, Ted Tonks! I yelled silently. It was more than anything I could take. Was this how Bella felt when she thought of Rodolphus? I shoved the pillow over my head to drown out the thoughts.




His brown eyes tell the truth
I’m sure he feels the way I do
‘Cause boy oh boy I’m certain
That it’s right, right, right


“I don’t think you’re anything like the rest of your family,” Ted whispered as he sat down next to me in Arithmancy. To my relief I was the only Slytherin taking the class, so I had no reason to be scared for him.

“You know you shouldn’t sit with me. If any of the boys find out, they’ll hex you into next week,” I whispered back. I didn’t know what I would do if something happened to him and it was my fault.

“I don’t think you’re anything like the rest of your family,” he repeated. I snorted, thinking he was joking, and looked up at him. “I’m serious. You’re nothing like them.” All I could see was the truth in his eyes.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m just as bad as them.”

“No. You don’t call me a Mudblood. You don’t go around hexing people just for fun. You don’t expect everybody to drop what they’re doing and be at your every beck and call when you walk into a room.”

“I might not be entirely like them, but I am still a Black.”

“Mr Tonks, Miss Black, do you have something to share with the class?” Professor Mimic asked a displeased look on his face.

“No, Sir,” we said in unison.

“Then I advise you to stop talking before I take points from Hufflepuff and Slytherin.”




And I’m fallin’, this spell I’m under
I don’t know what’s up or down
I’m fallin’, it makes me wonder
Why I’ve spent time foolin’ ‘round with boys
Boy oh boy this must be love


I swear it’s some sort of spell. That tricky little Muggleborn. I just can’t figure out which one.
I told you before, it’s not a spell.
Well, if it’s not a spell than it must be a love potion.
He makes me feel funny.
You’re just going crazy.
Crazy in love!
I told you not to use that word. What would your friends think? What about your family?
I can make my own decisions you know. I don’t need them.
Think of all those nice, rich, pureblood boys.
They’re all gits.
You’ll be burned off of the tapestry. Disowned by your own family.
I don’t care.




I’ll be sweet and charming
I’ll be coy, oh yeah
But when I’m in his arms
Boy oh boy


“Hey, Dromeda!” Ted said as he walked towards me, his friends in tow.

“Hello, Ted!” I tried to say in a steady voice.

“I was wondering if you wanted to come to Hogsmeade with us.” He motioned to the people behind him and smiled. There were two other couples, Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. I thought about it. Cissy would be in bed all day with cramps, so there was no way that she would find out.

“Well, I... I guess so.” When I thought that Ted’s smile couldn’t get any bigger, I was proven wrong.

“Great!” he exclaimed happily. “Let’s go!”




The day went fast, and the next thing I knew it was lunch.

“Do you guys want to go to the Three Broomsticks?” Ted asked, kicking the snow off his boots.

“I want to keep shopping,” the Hufflepuff girl said, flipping her long, blonde hair over her shoulder. Ted turned to the other couple.

“There was something over there that I wanted to... show Reagan,” the Gryffindor boy informed us, pointing to the end of High Street. I smiled as the girl blushed.

Ted sighed. “Okay.” He waved to the two couples as they walked away. “What about you, Dromeda?”

I had finally gotten used to his nickname. “Sure. Anything to get out of this cold.”

We marched through the snow towards the Three Broomsticks. When we got into view I grabbed Ted’s arm to hold him back. “Maybe we shouldn’t go in there.”

He looked from me to the pub. Three Slytherin boys were just walking in there. “Dromeda-”

“No. I can’t go in there.”

“Don’t worry. I know somewhere else we can go.”




We stopped in front of an old, shabby pub.

“Welcome to the Hog’s Head! Now, it might not be up to your usual standards, but nobody will find you here,” Ted explained as he grabbed my hand and dragged me in.

It certainly wasn’t up to my standards; the windows had what looked like years worth of grime on them, making it dark, and there was a layer of dirt on the floor.

I sniffed the air. “Does it smell like... goat in here to you?”

“Yeah, but don’t mention it, the owner doesn’t really like it when people do. Why don’t you go find us a table while I go get some drinks?”

I nodded and made my way to the back of the pub. I found a small table for two behind a pillar. It was hidden from view from the door, but not enough that I couldn’t see who walked in. I could see Ted talking to the barman and laughing. When he got our drinks, he walked over to where I sat with a puzzled look on his face.

“You don’t have to worry, Dromeda. Slytherins never come in here; they think that they’re too good.” He took a sip of his Butterbeer and quickly looked up at me. “No offence, of course.”

“None taken.” I wrapped my hands around my warm drink.

“You’re different, did you know that?”

“What do you mean?” I asked suspiciously.

“You’re more different now than when you were with the others.”

“I don’t get it.”

Ted sighed. “When you’re with the others, you’re sweet and charming “ coy even. But when you’re with me, you’re different. You’re more relaxed. You act like yourself.”

I act like that because that’s how I was taught to, I wanted to say. “Only you would notice that, Ted,” I said, finishing my drink.

“I notice everything you do, Dromeda.” I could feel myself blushing. Did he always have to do that? The next thing I knew, Ted was leaning over the table kissing me. I was shocked at first, but then I melted into it. My body felt like it was on fire, my head was twirling and I loved it. Oh yeah, I could get use to that.

I’m fallin’, this spell I’m under
I don’t know what’s up or down
I’m fallin’, it makes me wonder
Why I’ve spent time foolin’ ‘round with boys
Boy oh boy this must be love
Chapter Endnotes: A/N: Thanks for reading! How was it?