Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Final Battle by The Marauder

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
It was chaos around him. Shrieks of pain come from every direction and as he looked around him everything seemed to be in slow motion. Bodies were strewn across the floor and more were falling by the second. An evil cackle caught his hear and he turned to see Bellatrix and two other Death Eater circling in on Ginny and Luna. Ginny hit the Death Eater on the right and he fell just as a bright green light struck Luna directly in the chest. Ginny cried out in grief and fell to her knees next to her friend, wand pointed warily at her enemies – she was out numbered. Mustering every ounce of courage she had left she whispered a spell and the second Death Eater fell. Bellatrix laughed and slowly pointed her wand at her heart. Ginny looked up exhausted, unable to move…“NOOOOOO!”

Harry woke up in a cold sweat desperately attempting to catch his breath. He looked around trying to get his bearings and realized he was still in his bed at Hogwarts. He fell back limply on his pillow in exasperation. The war had been steadily climbing and it was only a matter of days, maybe weeks until the final battle would ensue. Harry knew this. And yet, although he had been having the same dream, or variations of it, now for a month, he couldn’t get over the shock of Ginny so perilously hanging at the edge of death.

* ~ * ~ *

Harry looked around him, good men and women, members of the order, friends were falling and numbers on both sides were dwindling dangerously. In frustration Harry realized the situation was strangely familiar, but pinching himself he did not wake up – this one was for real. In an instant he realized what was coming and without a thought to his own safety leaped from cover out into open fire, straight to Ginny. Luna fell. NO! Bellatrix laughed. So close…She raised her wand and Harry dove in front of Ginny.

“Not her.”

The look of surprise on her face changed to mild amusement, “Are you willing to give your life that easily Potter? Surely you are forgetting the death sentence placed on you from birth stating that no one can kill my Lord, except you apparently…I kill you and you have failed. Isn’t that so Potter?” He thought for a moment,

“You will not kill her.”

“AVADA KEDAVRA!”

The three froze, and then Bellatrix fell revealing Ron standing behind her with his wand out. His eyes were full of hatred and as he smiled slightly in success Harry cried out,

“RON MOVE!” but it was too late…he fell stiffly to the ground. Harry grabbed Ginny’s wrist as she again cried out and the two dove behind a log as spells ricocheted off it, missing them by mere inches. They both collapsed against it, nearly dead from the pain of losing so many they loved. Ginny was staring into space, tears silently falling down her face. Harry looked at her, “I can’t do it Ginny” he whispered. His words shocked her back into reality and she looked at him, head dropped down in defeat, tears falling from his face. His heart had suffered too much for any one person to handle.

“Harry…you can…you have to…” he shook his head,

“I’ve let them all down…” she grabbed his hand,

“Not me,” he looked up, “I need you Harry, do it for me.” From the touch of her hand his heart began to feel again, and as he looked in her eyes he felt all the warmth of the love they had shared all these years, all the love of his friends who had fallen, of Sirius…of his parents. Realizing where he was again he looked over the log and there was only one figure standing, walking towards him slowly, wand at his side.

“Stay here,” he whispered and with courage Godric Gryffindor couldn’t have imagined he stood to face the one who had destroyed nearly everything he loved in his life…nearly. Voldemort would not take everything.

“This is the end Potter, no one is here to save you this time,” he screeched, “You have been a thorn in my shoe for seventeen years, and you are finally going to pay…CRUCIO!” Harry braced himself but felt nothing as he fell to the ground. He opened his eyes and Ginny was shaking violently next to him.

“NO!”

Surprised Voldemort lifted the spell, and then looked at them slightly annoyed, but slightly amused, “Ginny…no –” whispered Harry. She opened her eyes, and again he felt a tremendous love flow through his veins…with renewed valor he stood gingerly and gently helped her to her feet. She was still trembling slightly and they turned to face Voldemort. He smiled menacingly,

“Don’t tell me yet another red head is going to die trying to save you.”

“No she is not,” answered Harry, his voice firm. He heard Dumbledore’s voice in his head…There is an old magic Voldemort had forgotten about…it was love Harry…

Voldemort lifted his wand and Harry remained motionless…

“You’ve given up then? Not even going to try to fight me?” Harry watched him steadily and as he began the curse Ginny took his hand. She willed every ounce of her love to fill him…

Harry turned to face her, “I love you…”

At the last moment Voldemort turned his wand at Ginny, “AVADRA KEDAVRA!” he screamed, and Harry jumped in front of Ginny. The spell again, rebounded off of him – hate was yet again unable to penetrate so much love. His head seared and he fell to the ground writhing and screaming as Voldemort did the same. Ginny looked at the two unable to react. With one final and horrible shriek Voldemort burst into flame and vanished. Ginny looked down at Harry, no longer screaming, but still rocking on the ground. She fell to her knees and held him in her arms crying in disbelief of everything that had just happened. He gradually stopped rocking and slowly sat up. Neither needed to speak, they understood… he cupped her face, hands holding her pale cheeks and kissed her passionately, fresh tears intermingling on their faces. The kiss ended and the two sat in the dirt, Harry holding Ginny, smoke rising from where Voldemort’s body had been, and bodies scattered across the field…it was over.


Just an idea, I've always thought Jo uses a lot of parallels and I think Lily's love saving him, and now Ginny's love saving him will be one of them.

I know you guys want other people to review your stories, so plz pay me the same courtesy!