Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Bicie Serca by BlueJoker

Printer
Summary: Sofia seeks refuge within the walls of Hogwarts from the bloodied and terror-filled streets of Krakow. Yet she is not entirely welcomed. The moment she reaches the cold shores of England she experiences jealousy, loss of identity, the perils of war and the question of her right to exist.

Nominated for Best Historical in the QSQs 2011.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Historical
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 8 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 18037 Viewcount: 22055
Published on: 04/12/11 Updated On: 08/28/11



Story Notes: This story deals with very difficult and often upsetting issues, some of which may create difficult moral choices. I try to write such issues as sensitively yet realistically as possible, and as such I am open to any comments. The last thing I want to do is offend. However, on that note I think it is important to note that my characters' views do not always represent my own; they merely represent opinions, thoughts and prejudices of 1940's Europe. If you have been upset/offended/have any questions about my writing, please do get in contact with me, whether through a review or through an email. This was a very dark time in history, I'm not going to sugar coat it, but that doesn't mean I plan to offend either.


1. Chapter 1, The Zimmermaanns. by BlueJoker [ - ] (1480 words)

2. Chapter Two, The Rejection by BlueJoker [ - ] (1575 words)

3. Chapter Three, The Acceptance by BlueJoker [ - ] (1233 words)

4. Chapter Four, The Train by BlueJoker [ - ] (1941 words)

5. Chapter Five, The Arrival by BlueJoker [ - ] (2694 words)

6. Chapter Six, The Bigham Family by BlueJoker [ - ] (2624 words)
This may confuse some people... A few weeks ago I updated the story, but I submitted chapter seven by accident. I am very stupid and very very sorry, particularly to those kind people who left such lovely reviews. So, here is the missing chapter. I'm also pleased to tell you that this story has been nominated for the QSQs, and I'm very thankful to those who have been supporting me. Now please do enjoy this somewhat lighter chapter.
7. Chapter Seven, The Train Station by BlueJoker [ - ] (4006 words)
Some lines used in this chapter, and likely to be repeated in future chapters, are respectfully borrowed from the poem 'The Ancyent Marinere' by Samuel Coleridge, which has been a major inspirtation for this fic. These lines are in italics during Sofia's dream sequence.
Also, this is a chapter where real religious (Judeo-Christian) conflict begins. Please do not be offended. I give no judgement on what is right or wrong and never will do - the conflict should be taken as just that. A conflict.

8. Chapter Eight, The Feast by BlueJoker [ - ] (2484 words)