Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Tooth and Claw by welshdevondragon

Printer
Summary: "It's really rather tooth and claw. Most things want to bite or sting or kill you," Gloria Greengrass tells Winston Flint, as they walk through the woods together after Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy’s wedding.

Shortly afterwards Gloria is found murdered. As the Auror Fabian Prewett begins to question the suspects, he finds himself asking who would want to kill a fifteen-year-old girl?

This is welshdevondragon of Gryffindor writing for the 2011 Mysterious May Challenge in the Great Hall, Prompt number two

Due to the current MNFF glitch, I have changed the rating to 3rd-5th years BUT this is a 6th-7th years story, and therefore should be read as such.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: Mystery
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Mental Disorders, Non-Consensual Sex, Sexual Situations, Strong Profanity, Substance Abuse, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 5 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 20321 Viewcount: 12262
Published on: 05/11/11 Updated On: 06/07/11



Story Notes: Thank you to my betas Minna and Soraya- you're both incredibly helpful. Also if anyone is wondering- this story is compatible with my longer chaptered stories Thin Red Lines and the sequel A Darkling Plain.


1. The Woods by welshdevondragon [ - ] (2426 words)

2. The Hemlock by welshdevondragon [ - ] (3940 words)
(Thank you again to Minna and Soraya for all their help. And thank you to Carole who, even though I wanted help specifically with drunken characterisation, was kind enough to point out my canon and timeline errors as well as commenting on the story, for which I'm very grateful.

Carole pointed out that wizards use Imperial Measurements. So here I use one of the smallest units of weight within the Imperial system, the troy grain which is defined by the International System of Units as 64.79891 mg.)




3. The Fox by welshdevondragon [ - ] (6479 words)
Thank you again to Carole, particularly here for her canon and drunken dialogue help, Soraya for being so helpful with her commas and comments, and Minna for also being comma-and grammar-literate and helping me make it clearer
4. The Scapegoat by welshdevondragon [ - ] (4526 words)
Thanks to Soraya.
5. Bluebells by welshdevondragon [ - ] (2950 words)
Final chapter- once again a huge thank you to Soraya :) She's brilliant.