Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Spark by panda_patronus

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

This is my first ever fanfic and I hope you enjoy! This idea just came to me in the middle of the night and I just had to write it down, and it turned into this! As I said before, Enjoy!
Chapter Notes: Hi! The first ever chapter of my first ever fanfic! Exciting! I hope you like it and please review! I would love a good review so I could improve my writing, plus it would make my day!

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or anything related to it. That all belongs to the wonderful J. K. Rowling!
A cool air rushed through the crisp September morning. People were bustling about King’s Cross Station, determined to catch their trains. A family of three was walking briskly towards the barrier between Platforms 9 and 10. They were all pale and thin. There was a man with white blond hair and a pointed face, his wife, whose dark hair was twisted into an elegant knot at the back of her head, and his son, who looked very much like him. Finally, they reached the barrier, but instead of crashing, they passed swiftly through onto Platform 9 ¾, where the Hogwarts Express would soon be departing.

The woman glanced at her son, and then she suddenly started to cry. “Mum?” Scorpius Malfoy asked, alarmed at his mother’s sudden show of emotions. “What’s wrong?” Astoria Malfoy sniffled and threw her arms around her pale son.

“Oh, Scorpius! I simply cannot believe that you are already starting your fifth year! I mean, this is a big year for you, with O.W.L.s and everything!” She paused to stifle a sob. “It seems as though just yesterday we were dropping you off to start your first year!” This time, she could not stifle her sob and she, very loudly, began to cry into her son’s shoulder, making his pale cheeks flush a dull pink as people started to stare
.
“Mother!” yelled Scorpius, pulling himself from his mother’s grasp. “Calm down.”

Draco Malfoy put an arm around Astoria, restraining her. “Now, now, Astoria,” he drawled, his cold gray eyes glittering fondly at his wife. “He will be back for Christmas in no time. Besides,” he said, giving his son a signature Malfoy smirk. “He’ll always be your little Scorpy.” Scorpius scowled at the sound of the ridiculous nickname his mother had given him when he had been younger. His father knew how he hated it, so he also made sure to mock him at least once a week with it.

Before Scorpius could retort, there was a lighthearted laugh that pierced the air. He spun around on the spot at saw the last person in the world he wanted to see: Rose Weasley.

Rose and Scorpius loathed each other. Loathed may even be considered an understatement to their relationship. Ever since their first day of their first year, it seemed as though the hatred between both of their fathers had continued to the next generation. They constantly competed to be the head of the year, but Rose always won, hands down. This was expected, considering her mum was, and still is, considered the brightest witch of her age. Rose always rubbed this statement in Scorpius’s face, because Scorpius, being a pureblood and a Malfoy, was expected by his family to be the best. They both played Chaser on their House Quidditch teams, so there was a lot of tension there. They continually fought and taunted each other, and it was completely normal to see them lashing out at each other in the corridors between classes. This year would be no different.

Scorpius looked at Rose for a moment. There were a few changes to her appearance since over the summer. She gotten taller, and her bushy red hair seemed to have gotten a tad longer, though at the moment it was pulled into a plait. She looked like her mother, with the same chocolate brown eyes, curvy figure and bushy texture to her hair, but she was tall like her dad, as well as she had the trademark fiery Weasley hair color. Scorpius let out a little groan as he saw the Gryffindor prefect badge gleaming on her chest. He had become a Slytherin prefect, and he was hoping that she hadn’t become one, though he knew the result of this was very unlikely.

Of course,thought Scorpius, who was scowling in Rose’s direction, model student Weasley gets whatever she wants. Again.

Rose appeared to be talking with her brother, Hugo, who had apparently said something funny, which caused her to laugh.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were standing behind their children, looking at them with glowing eyes. There was Mr. Weasley, his red hair shining like his daughter’s and his blue eyes full of laughter and joyfulness. His right arm was slung around Mrs. Weasley’s waist. He pulled his wife closer to him and whispered something to her, causing her to break into a smile and give him a kiss on the cheek. Her hair was pulled back from her face in a ponytail with a few hairs hanging in her face. Anyone could notice that the husband and wife loved each other dearly, just as Draco and Astoria did.

Draco still had his arm around Astoria, but his lip was curled in disgust. Scorpius followed his gaze and saw that he was glaring over at Mr. Weasley. Scorpius prayed to God that his father wouldn’t make a show tight here, right now, in the train station.

Don’t worry Dad, thought Scorpius, grinning devilishly. I’ll show the Weasleys what we Malfoys are made of.

Pondering ways to ruin Rose this year, Scorpius almost didn’t notice his mother yelling “Scorpy, the train is departing soon!” Snapping back to reality, Scorpius gave his mother a swift kiss on the cheek, and shook hands with his father.

As he did so, Draco muttered “Give the Weasleys and Potters hell for me.” This statement did not come as a surprise to Scorpius, because he said the same thing every year before term started. Scorpius grinned at his dad and hopped on the train just as it started to move. He waved at his parents through the murky window, only stopping when they had faded out of view. He turned to find a bunch of first years twittering excitedly, as well as older students catching up with friends. Smiling to himself, he made his way to the prefects’ carriage. It was great to be back.
Chapter Endnotes: I hope you liked it! Yet again, please review! I would be very happy if you did so! :)