Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Phoenix Or The Flame by GinnyRULES

Printer
Summary: Several years after the final battle, Dudley Dursley is struggling to come to terms with his past and the things he has done wrong. His life is turned upside down when he meets a charming young witch and is drawn into a path that leads him back into his cousin's world.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Mild Profanity, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 13 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 38696 Viewcount: 53311
Published on: 05/27/11 Updated On: 12/27/12



Story Notes: Thanks for reading this story, which started out as a character study that got a little out of hand. I'm excited to see where I might take it, and I hope you enjoy it!

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Obviously.


1. Chapter 1 by GinnyRULES [ - ] (4446 words)
This first chapter sets the stage, while further chapters will contain more action and introduce new characters. Enjoy!
2. CHAPTER TWO by GinnyRULES [ - ] (2384 words)
I guess this story just got approved so it basically went up today but I am excited to keep going with it, so I'm posting the next chapter right now. I hope you enjoy it, and happy reading!
3. CHAPTER THREE by GinnyRULES [ - ] (2308 words)
I want to thank everyone for the lovely reviews. In particular, someone pointed out that in the first chapter, Dudley should not have been able to remember seeing a hooded figure in his dream, because Muggles cannot see Dementors. Sorry about that! Clearly I need to exercise constant vigilance :p Anyway, enjoy the chapter!
4. CHAPTER FOUR by GinnyRULES [ - ] (1368 words)
I haven't updated this story in forever! If anyone is still reading, I salute you. Enjoy the new chapter. Things are about to get interesting.
5. CHAPTER FIVE by GinnyRULES [ - ] (2968 words)
So this is a much quicker update! I'm afraid some of you are going to hate me after this chapter... Ah well, these characters don't always listen to me. Reviews are always appreciated. Enjoy!
6. CHAPTER SIX by GinnyRULES [ - ] (2410 words)

7. Chapter 7 by GinnyRULES [ - ] (2982 words)
I'm sorry it's been some time since my last update, and I want to thank you all for the lovely reviews, even if I haven't had time to answer them all. Wrackspurts getting in my way and all... Enjoy!
***

8. CHAPTER EIGHT by GinnyRULES [ - ] (2512 words)
I know I made you guys wait too long for an update again. I'm the worst. The worst part is this chapter was complete two weeks ago but I got carried away spontaneous road-tripping and couldn't upload it. Anyway, ok, I've had this idea for a Dementor-centric fic which I think could be hilarious and awesome. What do you guys think? Yes, for real.

9. CHAPTER NINE by GinnyRULES [ - ] (3408 words)
Next chapter is the wedding you guys! Sorry, this was a little sappier than what I usually write, but I felt there hadn't been enough development for Parvati yet. Thank you all for the advice regarding my Dementor fic idea. I promise I won't start anything new until this one is finished. Though, now that my agent and I have embarked upon the arduous process of editing the final draft of my novel, updates may be less frequent. But I digress... A special shoutout to AlwaysSnily for the abundance of marvelous reviews! Few people take the time to review every chapter on a fic as they go through it, if they find it already halfway complete, and it is very much appreciated. (And to ALL my reviewers, nevilleherosnape, Dad, BookWorm530, CanisMajor, everyone else I've missed, I love you and appreciate you and I wouldn't do this without you! You all rock.) Now this note has gone on far too long, so here is the chapter... Enjoy!
10. CHAPTER TEN by GinnyRULES [ - ] (5156 words)
Ninja speed updating, right? It's okay, I know I'm amazing, but you can tell me anyway. Guys, this chapter is massive, weirdly so compared to the others, but I just felt that it worked as one unit so I didn't want to break it up. I know it may seem like I'm just throwing in random guest appearances by all these side characters, but there's a method to my madness I swear and it's all part of the plan. Tell me about your theories, your comments, your dream ice flavors, your opinion on Newton vs. Liebniz, in the reviews. Cheers!
11. CHAPTER ELEVEN by GinnyRULES [ - ] (4289 words)
You guys, I'm really so, so sorry about the delay with this chapter! It was written weeks ago, as was chapter twelve, but I wasn't able to get it through the queue (my failure to be clear and not the fault of our awesome mods, just fyi!). Point is, I will be posting the final chapter and epilogue much more quickly. So... Enjoy!
12. CHAPTER TWELVE by GinnyRULES [ - ] (2771 words)
Last chapter guys! After this is just the epilogue left. And since I haven't written it yet feel free to leave me some suggestions about what you'd like to see. I want to thank you all for sticking with this story for so long. I've really enjoyed reading all your reviews and I'll miss posting this fic. (Shameless plug: If you want to read more of my work I do have another fic on the go called Requirement). This chapter is a bit sappy but what can I say, I got tired of torturing these characters... Cheers!
13. Epilogue by GinnyRULES [ - ] (1694 words)
A/N: Sooo... I promised an epilogue on this story and then vanished for like four months. I have no excuse, I'm the worst. If anyone is still reading I salute you for bearing with me through all my insane hiatus periods, and I hope you enjoy this finale. I tried to take into account as many of your suggestions as possible. Huge thanks to everyone who's reviewed for your continuing enthusiasm. I've never gotten such wonderful response on a story before. I have a few new fics in progress/in the works that I plan to post after this (Peter Pettigrew centric, Demetor-centric, Tom Riddle-centric) but there are a few complications so please check out my author's page if you're interested. Cheers!