Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Pure-Blooded Angst by pheonixhobbit

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The clock struck the heavenly hours of five o’clock and the students filled their vials of Gillius Potion. After setting their vials on Professor Snape’s desk, they gathered their book bags and left for dinner.

Draco smiled triumphantly as he waited outside the classroom for Hermione. Even though his chances for passing the midterm by simply being Snape’s pet were undeniably slim, the barrier that held back his humanity was now quite demolished. The one thing Draco didn’t realize was that even though Crabbe and Goyle were going along with his behavior, there was one person that didn’t accept it.

Pansy Parkinson had been watching the interaction decrease between Draco and herself and instead tilt towards a certain Muggle-born, bushy haired, Gryffindor girl. All through Potions Pansy had sat watching Draco’s eyes flicker towards Hermione, and Hermione’s eyes would linger momentarily on Draco. Then, they would smile slightly and continue with their work. Pansy wanted to wring that Mudblood’s neck for all it was worth. What did Hermione Granger have that she hadn’t? Well, obviously, a body full of dirty blood, and hideously plain features that could hardly make a man blink twice. Anger boiled up inside Pansy, she was so angry with Draco, but she despised Hermione for stealing Draco from her. This would be war; this would be revenge. Hermione Granger had crossed the line and Pansy would not let her get away with it. Granger would suffer.

"Draco belongs to me, and always will." Pansy muttered. Then she smiled; and evil smirk that only showed one fact: Pansy Parkinson never lost a fight. With that thought in mind, she left for the Slytherin Dungeons to begin plotting for Hermione Granger’s downfall.

Hermione left the Potions classroom after telling Harry and Ron not to follow when she left with Draco. They had rolled their eyes and left with Dean, Seamus, Neville and a few other friends. Hermione met Draco outside after making sure there were no students around. Satisfied, she fell into his arms, silently thanking him for his behavior in Potions. Draco ran his fingers through her hair and kissed the top of her forehead. Smiling at each other, they walked towards the Great Hall for dinner.

“Are you hungry?” Draco asked suddenly when they reached the doors.

“Not really. Why, you’re not?” Hermione asked, twirling one of her curls around her finger.

“Not by much,” Draco shrugged.

“It’s almost sunset. Do you want to go for a walk?” Hermione asked suggestively.

“A walk would be good right now to be honest,” Draco replied.

“Come on, then,” Hermione said, pulling Draco to the main entrance. Before they could open the doors they heard a sudden cackle. Looking up, they saw Peeves floating along the ceiling.

“Ah-ha ha!” Peeves laughed, “Caught you red handed, Peevsey did! Slytherin boys and Gryffindor girls shouldn’t be together! And all alone!” Peeves said with an air of mischief. He batted his eyes innocently.

“Go away, Peeves!” Draco barked, “Leave us alone!”


“Young Malfoy’s got a lover.
And a fine one she is!
Teeth of bright yellow!
Hair of fine frizz!”
Peeves sang loudly.

“Peeves don’t make me hurt you!” Hermione warned, pointing her wand up at him.

“Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!” Peeves laughed melodiously.

“Peeves, I’ll call the Bloody Baron on you. He’ll listen to me, I am in Slytherin, you know,” Draco said, smiling menacingly as Peeves’s smile faded.

“Just having some fun. No harm intended, Malfoy-son.” Peeves declared and with that, he whizzed off. Hermione exhaled in relief, and Draco shook his head as he opened the door.

“Annoying git,” Draco muttered as they left the castle.

“Bloody pinhead,” Hermione said in agreement, “What kind of loyalty does Dumbledore owe to Peeves? I mean, why keep him around, you know?”

“I honestly couldn’t tell you that one,” Draco said.

For the next hour, they walked around outside the castle, holding hands, and enjoying each other’s company. They talked little, only because they were deep in thought and feeling.

The sky was a purple twilight color when they went back inside. Draco and Hermione took a separate way to their dormitories so they could be alone and once again, Draco walked with Hermione to Gryffindor tower. They were in a secluded part of the castle when Draco stopped.

“What’s wrong?” Hermione asked.

“I don’t know. Something doesn’t feel right,” Draco said, scratching the back of his head.

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows and rubbed Draco’s arm soothingly.

“What is it?” Hermione asked curiously. Draco shook his head, but after a second an expression of dawning came onto his face.

“Oh yeah...” Draco said in realization. He lifted Hermione’s chin and kissed her, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close. Hermione stood in shock for a second, but then she put her arms around Draco’s neck.

“Please warn me before you do that,” Hermione said when they parted. Draco smiled and they walked on.

Meanwhile, Pansy Parkinson plotted her revenge. She had sat alone in the Slytherin Common room for an hour and soon it was getting dark. She was toying with some nasty ideas when Draco walked in. Her heart nearly leapt out of her chest.

“Hello, Pansy,” Draco said formally when he saw her. Luckily, she didn’t catch the strained annoyance in his voice.

“Good evening, Draco,” Pansy replied, smiling at him almost seductively, “How have you been? I haven’t talked to you for a while now.”

“I've been busy,” Draco said, his hands behind his back.

“With Hermione Granger?” Pansy replied coolly. Pansy didn’t see any sign of surprise in his features.

“What do you mean?” Draco asked, his insides twisting threateningly.

“I meant what I said. You have been hanging around her, haven’t you?” Pansy said, getting up and walking to where Draco was standing.

“Hanging?” Draco asked; his stomach churned at the use of the word and he swallowed back his fear. Instead, he cocked his head and looked at Pansy in mockery, “Pansy, your vocabulary has decreased to such a mediocre level.” Draco said, trying to layer his remark with as much icy sarcasm as possible. Pansy raised an eyebrow and smiled, she put her arms around Draco’s neck and he cringed in anger.

“The next in line Malfoy has begun to fraternize with the Muggle-borns. His keen interest in them has sparked romance between him and a certain…Hermione Granger.” Pansy said, her eyes gleaming with malice, “At least that is what the headline of the Daily Prophet will say come tomorrow morning once I tell them,” Pansy said, but then she frowned, “No. That’s too long. What do you think of Draco Malfoy and his Pure-Blooded Betrayal?” Pansy asked. Draco pushed her arms off his shoulders.

“You wouldn’t dare,” Draco hissed. Pansy laughed.

“You should know me better than that, Draco Malfoy. The Daily Prophet is much too typical of me,” Pansy said menacingly.

“Goodnight Pansy,” Draco said, and walked into the boy’s dormitory. Pansy was left standing in the middle of the Common room. The candlelight illuminated her features, and she smiled. She watched the flames dance to and fro, and was lost once again in her plotting, it wouldn’t be long before Hermione got what she deserved. It wouldn’t be long.

Draco shut the door to the dormitory and leaned against the door. He had known Pansy Parkinson long enough to guess when she was going to spring a trap. This wasn’t a petty problem for her. For Pansy, it went all the way. Draco shuddered and wished he didn’t care so much for Hermione. He wished he didn’t love her so much; she would be safe that way.

Draco knew what Pansy was capable of and he knew how much she wanted him. Something would happen, something will happen, before long. Draco knew this and promised he wouldn’t let Hermione out of his sight; he would follow her wherever she went. So what if she got annoyed? It would be for her own good. He couldn’t tell Harry and Ron, they would believe that Draco himself would hurt Hermione. He didn’t know what to do.

Suddenly he reached for his suitcase. He pulled out something he had long refused to use since he got it in second year. Potter wasn’t the only one in the school to have secrets, to have a treasure handed down to him. He felt the soft lining, the delicate embroidery. He was so scared to put it on. People had been killed unknowing by it. So many innocent people, so many half bloods lost their lives because of an unseen murderer, a phantom of the dark. How could he have accepted such a gift? It had a history of evil. But Draco would use it for good, not for evil, and swallowing back his doubt and fear, he put on his father’s Invisibility Cloak.