Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Gets Even by Rae Carson

Printer
Summary: Post OotP. Harry gets in a fatal car crash with the Dursleys and finds someone framed him for their alleged murders. In a provocative tale of flight, friendship, and fury, he must learn the will to survive and face destiny comes from mind, body, and soul. After all is said and done, with the unfailing support of those you love, you can never truly be alone. Told from Harry's point of view.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Warnings: Abuse, Alternate Universe, Book 7 Disregarded, Character Death, Mental Disorders, Mild Profanity, Self Injury, Suicide, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 2 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 12934 Viewcount: 4284
Published on: 07/10/11 Updated On: 07/28/11



Story Notes: This story was intended as a prediction of canon, as of the Harry Potterverse before Half-Blood Prince was released. If you've noticed, this e-novel was completed and begun the summer before Book 6 was released. It was heavily researced and discussed, so that virtually all of the events that played out in this work were entirely possible within the Potter realm (again, as of HBP.) Many things, specifically character development, wound up being alarmingly in-line with the way Rowling wrote her own novel.

It contains heavy interaction between some rarely explored characters. As this story's author already loved the universe she was borrowing, it is her way of paying tribute to the genre's creator to flesh out some backgrounds of Potter folk that we don't know much about. Other subject matter includes fully dealing with the controversy-packed topics of bigotry, racism, self-mutilation, revenge, murder, suicide and torture-both psychological and physical.

By so doing, this work involved the writer immersing herself completely into the emotionality of Harry Potter and his mates, their motivations, why Harry rationalises how he does and why he can continue to heal despite everything that happens to him. Sound boring? I assure you it's not-she kills Harry off in the first chapter. Or does she?

This story has been described as a combination of Five People You Meet In Heaven, What Dreams May Come, The Crow, and Harry Potter all rolled into one. Read on to see for yourself, you won't be disappointed...


1. Harry Gets Even by Rae Carson [ - ] (9421 words)
None.
2. The Fright Bus by Rae Carson [ - ] (3513 words)
I figured since Attitude!Harry was going to have a death experience, why not use the things he already knows, and twist and wrinkle them a bit? I mean, the Knight Bus itself is already dreadful, after all. Also, when someone goes through a death experience--i.e. is catatonic or in a coma, or even clinically dead--what is happening with them? What are they seeing in their minds? Are their experiences different from ours? Are they dreaming about us--their friends, family, earthly experiences--the living? Can what they see be influenced by external stimuli? Hmmmmm....