Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Much Ado About Nothing by Argelfraster

Printer
Summary: It starts as a ridiculous, mostly fallacious student rumor: Filch flirting with Madam Pince in the Restricted Section. To the sex-crazed fifth years, no doubt, even the most civil conversation looks like a front for a torrid affair… not that anyone would want to imagine the dried-up librarian and the jowly grouch of a caretaker, well, doing it. Ew.

But when the rumor reaches the teachers’ lounge, closet romantics Minerva McGonagall and Charity Burbage can’t help formulating a plan. It’s about time those two got some, and they intend to make it happen. With a little help from the writings of one William Shakespeare (a very intelligent Muggle indeed) and some bribing of the castle paintings, they set out to make two people – a man in love with his cat and a woman in love with her books – fall in love with each other…

…just in time for the Yule Ball.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: Humor Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 4 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 7323 Viewcount: 13885
Published on: 08/11/11 Updated On: 06/10/12




Story Notes: With all the recent Harry Potter madness surrounding the last movie, I felt like watching The Philosopher's Stone again... and when I did, I remembered this fic, which I had started writing a long time ago and never finished. Being both a librarian and a cat person, I can't help but have a little soft spot for Pince and Filch. And while this isn't strictly canon, I'm pretty sure it was implied at least once.

I hope you have as much fun reading it as I did writing it! I promise it's not too disgusting, but I'll try to keep it in-character too. Reviews would be lovely. ^^


1. Chapter 1 by Argelfraster [ - ] (2107 words)

2. Chapter 2 by Argelfraster [ - ] (1737 words)

3. Chapter 3 by Argelfraster [ - ] (1274 words)
My apologies for taking so long to update. I have been working on an original story and it kind of ate my life for a bit. But now it's done, and I get to use my brain power on things like silly fan fiction! YAY.
4. Chapter 4 by Argelfraster [ - ] (2205 words)