Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Last Enemy That Shall Be Defeated Is Death by simply_enamored

Printer
Summary: What if, on that fateful October night, it was not Lily's sacrifice that saved Harry, but James' sacrifice that saved them both? What if Lily is left to pick up the broken pieces of her life after its been shattered into a million pieces? Who would be there to rescue her? Who would get her through the night? This is a story of loss, of pain, of hopelessness, and ultimately, of healing.

------------------------------

After much deliberation and input from all you guys who have read thus far, I have officially decided to continue this story. It was initially supposed to be a one-shot, but I've decided I already have too much of my heart invested in it to quit now. :) Second chapter in progress. Thanks, all! Advice and reviews are still very welcome!
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: Marauder Era
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Character Death
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 4 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 16965 Viewcount: 16136
Published on: 09/06/11 Updated On: 04/17/12



Story Notes: Okay, so I know it says completed because that's where I originally meant it to go, but if you want, feel free to leave me a review and let me know what you think, and/or if you think I should go further with this. I'd love the feedback. Thanks, all.


1. Chapter 1 by simply_enamored [ - ] (2093 words)

2. Chapter 2 by simply_enamored [ - ] (4949 words)
A/N: This chapter was hard for me to write, not because of a lack of direction, but because of the emotional toll. It's not a light chapter, folks, but in my opinion, it's a good one. Thanks for sticking with me thus far.

Some quotes taken from Harry Potter books. I am not Jo, therefore, I cannot take credit for their brilliance.

*Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, page 81
** Deathly Hallows, page 328

Reviews are delightful. :)

3. Chapter 3 by simply_enamored [ - ] (4330 words)
A/N: I am not Jo Rowling, therefore please do not mistake these brilliant characters for anything other than her creation. Hope you all like these chapters. Reviews, suggestions, advice, critique is always welcome! Thank you all for sticking with me this far.

*Quotes taken from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

4. Chapter 4 by simply_enamored [ - ] (5593 words)
Once again: I take credit for none of the places, characters, or ideas in this chapter. Thanks to Jo for letting us dabble in her magnificent world.