Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Real Nightmare by KimTomPW

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I do NOT own the Harry Potter series. That credit goes to the brilliant mind of J.K. Rowling. Go Jo! I also do not own some of the material used. Again that belongs to Jo and Warner Brothers.

Chapter 2 Remembering Ginny Weasley

Harry could hardly understand a word that Professor Slughorn, the Potions’ professor, was saying when they were in class later on that morning. He could not pull his eyes away from his watch, forgetting that it did not work. Even Hermione, who was usually jotting down notes, seemed to be having difficulty in concentrating on the lesson. Ron had even noticed her glancing at the door from time to time. Neville, who had been at the Ministry of Magic with them that night, was writing notes, though looking like he was on another planet. The four of their heads turned fast as the door slowly opened. Professor McGonagall came walking in.

–Professor Slughorn, do you mind me borrowing Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, Mr. Longbottom, and Miss Granger?” she asked.

He nodded his head, his eyes not wandering to them, which made Harry think that he had already known about this. He also thought this because Slughorn had made no other kind of communication than saying, –Not at all.”

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville all slowly got up and followed Professor McGonagall. They found that Luna Lovegood, a blonde Ravenclaw from Ginny’s year, was waiting for them outside the classroom. None of them talked as they made their way to McGonagall’s office. The five of them stopped as Professor McGonagall turned to face them after entering her office.

–Professor Dumbledore has aloud for a two hour Floo Network connection from my fireplace to the Burrow,” Professor McGonagall said.

Ever since Voldemort’s return, security at Hogwarts had been tightened. One by one, they made their way through the fire. Mrs. Weasley was waiting for the five of them on the other side at the Burrow.

–Hello dears,” she smiled.

Harry, as well as the rest, could tell it was a forced smile.

–Hi, Mrs. Weasley,” Harry said.

She got teary eyed and tried to wrap the five of them in her arms.

–Where’s Dad?” Ron asked.

Mrs. Weasley wiped her face and sighed.

–On his way,” she said.

Ron cleared his throat when he noticed his mother looking over at Neville and Luna.

–This is Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood,” he said.

The two gave a small wave. For once, Luna didn’t say anything. Ginny had always defended her when another classmate would tease her.

–It’s a pleasure to meet you both,” Molly said.

–It’s lovely to meet you, too,” Luna replied.

A yell then filled the room.

–Ron,” the red head man smiled.

Charlie held his youngest brother for a good minute. Bill, Ron’s other brother, and his wife, Fleur, then came walking in, followed by twins Fred and George.

–Has your father arrived yet?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

Bill turned and nodded.

–About five minutes ago with…” he began.

–With who?” Ron demanded.

He could not think why his dad would bring anyone here at this time.

–With… Percy,” Charlie said.

Ron’s eyes widened. Percy had not talked to the family in over a year. Harry glanced over at Ron and Hermione, and then turned to Bill.

–Percy’s here?” he asked.

Bill opened his mouth to answer, but Ron interrupted them.

–How dare…” Ron began.

He stopped when he felt a hand land on his shoulder. Ron turned to find it was Hermione.

–Ron, this is not the time,” Hermione said.

Ron looked down from Hermione’s calm words.

–Yeah, you’re right,” he sighed.

xxx

Harry stayed behind after the service about an hour and a half later.

–I’ll meet you inside,” he told Ron and Hermione as they stood waiting for Harry to come with them.

Hermione nodded and turned around and began walking away, but Ron did not move.

–Come on, Ron,” Hermione said, turning back around and grabbing his arm.

Harry turned back around after seeing Ron and Hermione enter the house.

–Hi,” he smiled at the headstone.

Harry bent down. He gently touched the stone.

–I can’t believe it took me four years to realize that I had feelings for you,” Harry sighed.

Ron, not being able to hear what Harry was saying, was watching from the kitchen window. Hermione pulled Ron back.

–Hey,” she yelled.

Ron moaned and rubbed his arm.

–What? You can’t hear,” he said.

Hermione sighed and glanced out the window.

–He really loved Ginny, didn’t he?” she asked.

–Yeah, he did,” Ron said.

Harry rubbed his face and inhaled a deep breath.

–Looking back, I think I have always had feelings for you,” he admitted.

His eyes began to water.

–Did you know I watched you run beside the train first year?” Harry asked.

Harry made the smallest sign of a smile. He got up as his knees began hurting.

–I tried so hard to convince myself my feelings were brotherly,” Harry said.

Harry turned quickly as he heard a footstep. Ron stopped and put his hands in his pocket.

–Oh, hey, Ron,” Harry said.

Ron gave a crooked smile.

–Come on, mate. It’s almost time,” he said.

The two began to make their way back to the house.

–Do you remember anything from that day?” Harry asked.

Ron turned to Harry, a little shocked. He never thought Harry would ask him that question.

–Try not to, but it’s hard to get it out of my mind,” Ron said.

Ron and Harry walked inside.

–I’ll never forget,” Harry said under his breath.